Moto Maker replaces (renames?) walnut option with rosewood Moto X
Moto X walnut vs rosewood
1. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3608; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Bamboo is the only sustainable natural "wood" material. I wish Motorola and others would stop supporting the decimation of hardwood forests for things as disposable as cell phones.
4. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Real solid Oakwood would be great
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3608; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Why? I understand the appeal of real wood, but many people use smartphones for only a year or two whereas properly cared for wood can last hundreds of years.
IMO, there should some strong laws against using materials for cell phone parts that cannot be easily recycled.
7. troutsy (Posts: 281; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I don't think you've properly investigated the environmental impact of cell phone materials if you're suggesting wood has more negative impact than the current solution (plastic).
6. canucker78 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Thats why all the wood backs are made of bamboo. The rosewood, teak etc are just finishes.