Leaked pictures show off the back buttons of the LG G2
Wait! What happened to the Optimus title? LG says that the name will now be reserved for low to mid-end handsets while "G" will be used to denote its top-shelf phones. The pictures leaked by evleaks looks to be part of an advertisement or might have been captured from a series of promotional slides.
The pictures leaked show the volume rocker on the back with the camera lens above it. Next to the lens is what appears to be a flash. The whole design is different to say the least and the front of the phone shows a narrower bezel. While the phone could be launched in Korea as soon as next month, the device is expected to be unveiled at LG's international media event on August 7th.
Leaked pictures of the LG G2
source: @evleaks via AndroidandMe
1. milesboy5 (Posts: 164; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
To me having a big plus-minus sign on the back of the phone is just plain ugly. It doesnt look right maybe if the color matched the back of the phone and it was just a raised plus-minus but not that
5. james004 (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 May 2013)
LG still stuck in 2010 design.
Its sad how companies dont learn.
16. tswsabeer (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Don't judge it too soon. It may have added functionality.
24. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
May be it is more useful and fucntional
2. iampun33t (Posts: 23; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
No images visible.
EDIT: Images back again after writing to you.
6. mi55u (unregistered)
I cant see te back button, where's it?
12. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i think mohann meant the buttons on the back of the phone... not an actual back button
13. mi55u (unregistered)
4. jdoee100 (Posts: 307; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I think it's really neat idea. And, dare i say it, innovative. There may be some trade-offs though.
14. vincelongman (Posts: 1571; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Agreed, they could improve functionality, but trade-off is they look bad.
10. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Am I the only one who finds this hard to get used to?
I mean, sure, one button for Multitasking and Camera worked fine on the GD510, but this arrangement is rather awkward.
17. tswsabeer (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Let's hope the features are apt for 2013.
22. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
They definitely will be I think, I've heard that it will have a new octa core processor other than the exynos 5
23. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I heard it will run on Snapdragon 800..
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
A bad, weird design. This is like some fancy chinese phone from 2009-10 era.
18. Taters (Posts: 3512; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks pretty nice to me. Not sure I like the volume buttons on the back though.
19. kdealltheway (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
It will be hard to press the keys without pushing the display with your thumb or squeezing your phone like a madman, and why did they mark the buttons if they are on the back... Personaly I don't like it but I've met people with some strange tastes, so...
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think it's a pretty neat design. o:
i like it.
21. kangpinpapa (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Lg mentioned that it is for slim design and bigger screen. Back button is for power and volume key. G2 will have a soft key. I hope actual design of back is better than the picture.
26. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I am hoping for edge-to-edge to display.