Report: LG Optimus G2 and others to be unveiled on August 7th
The LG Optimus G2 is coming to the party well-spec'd to say the least. Imagine a 5 inch panel with 1080 x 1920 resolution (known in the circles we hang around as FHD) and a powerful quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor driving the phone. Did the hair on the back of your neck just stand up? The Adreno 330 GPU is handling the graphic chores while 2GB of RAM keeps multitaskers from pulling their hair. A 13MP shooter is on back and LG's Optimus UI runs on top of Android 4.2.2. Those are the kind of numbers that get you invited to any party on South Beach.
Besides the LG Optimus G2, the OEM is also going to debut the LG Optimus L9 II (LG-D600) and the LG-D500. The former carries a 4.7 inch display with resolution of 720 x 1280 and a dual-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor is under the hood. The unit comes with support for NFC and with Android 4.1.2 pre-installed. The LG-D500 is entry level material with a 540 x 960 (qHD) display and a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon chip inside. The GPU is an Adreno 302 and a 3MP snapper is on back. The phone supports Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and has Android 4.1.2 pre-installed.
By the way, when you look at the picture of the LG Optimus G2 in the slideshow below, note how it appears to be that mystery device sans front buttons that we showed you early last month.
Thanks Anonymous Tipster!
- Display 4.7" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.3 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, Dual-core, 1400 MHz
- Storage 8 GB + microSDHC
- Battery 2150 mAh(10.8h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.2" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core, 2260 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 3000 mAh(21.3h 3G talk time)
posted on Jun 22, 2013, 6:45 AM 1
posted on Jun 22, 2013, 7:32 AM 2
Posts: 483; Member since: Mar 05, 2013
posted on Jun 22, 2013, 9:25 PM 0
Posts: 1129; Member since: Feb 15, 2013
posted on Jun 22, 2013, 7:32 AM 1
Posts: 5629; Member since: Mar 08, 2013
posted on Jun 22, 2013, 7:38 AM 4
Posts: 4744; Member since: Jan 28, 2011
posted on Jun 22, 2013, 11:27 AM 0
Posts: 1115; Member since: Nov 18, 2010
posted on Jun 22, 2013, 12:31 PM 0
posted on Jun 22, 2013, 3:39 PM 0
Posts: 85; Member since: Mar 14, 2013
posted on Jun 23, 2013, 5:05 AM 1
Posts: 6474; Member since: Jan 28, 2013
posted on Jun 23, 2013, 8:16 PM 0
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):