Check these two smartphone design patents Samsung got awarded
First off, a necessary health warning: these were all filed a year or so ago. Moreover, just because Samsung got a design patent does not necessarily mean a device looking just like that is on the way; in fact it, doesn't mean a device is on the way at all.
That being said, we're going to be disregarding common wisdom -- we're not going to reserve the best for last and, instead, talk about this new design patent Samsung got awarded, and what it means right off the bat! Before we get sidetracked, it's worth noting that Samsung also got awarded a number of icon designs, most of which rather trivial, but for one. Is that a projector icon?
More popular slideshows
New Samsung design patents
1. A new design language
2. Back to reality
3. A projector icon?
4. More Icons
1. Mehdia (Posts: 23; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
great Design . I Hope Design Galaxy SV as is Be
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
The new design look like Samsung Wave series is back
3. Altair (Posts: 317; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Laugh. Look at those pics 3-7. Change that button at bottom for circle in your mind and voila! You got iPhone design!
Shame on you Shamesung copycat!
6. thegandalf (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think those pics are just focus on the icons patent, the phone is just a visualize for how it'll look on the screen.
11. jacko1977 (Posts: 382; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
yet u fail to realise the most copycatter of them all.....Apple
13. Just.Me (Posts: 23; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
The difference is, Samsung can actually build this. Apple will have to pay samsung to build it for them. Ok not the whole thing but most of the hardware.
15. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Right-o, because Apple was the original mastermind behind their designs.
Shame on you for your retardation
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
These looks good, looks unique like no other, especially the button placement, I love it...
take note Apple and Nokia, your button placement. as old as 2 years :)
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Reminds me of Nokia X7 a bit, but the X7 tapers off the upper and lower corners of the sides instead. , i do like the design in this pic, at least looks a bit different from others out there.
9. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Really? It reminds me of a MOTOROLA but for live of me, i cant figure out which one.
7. pwnarena (Posts: 824; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
picture number 7 looks like the xperia standard power button. that better be not some hardware component.
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2335; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Good Sammy, patent such things otherwise Apple comes and claims.
I think the first design will be seen in S5 in future.
12. HTCOE (Posts: 406; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
the next HTC One should have more in design aspects just hope the Nexus 5 comes soon tho but good work heading in the right direction Sammy
14. Sondae (Posts: 182; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I dont know but samsung design looks like being already used by china rebranded phone models and 3 to 7 looks like an s2 shrunk to iphone size specially the icons.
16. waterninja21 (Posts: 22; Member since: 03 May 2013)
The first slide looks very similar to the Motorola Droid Bionic
17. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
OMG. These are Great Designs Samsung. Great idea though that you guys released these designs first or else that Stupid/desperate certified Copy cut Apple will file a case again and sue you that just copied those from them. You know, they are Hungry now as their income keeps on decreasing while Samsung mobility's income keeps getting higher every year and every quarter. Specially the iFans also, they are bored with their iPhones, also no good news about Apple that's why their attentions are on Samsung's success. hahaha WAY TO GO SAMSUNG! Can't wait for the S5 and Note 3!
18. rgxVOiD (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
in a range of 1-10. How bored are you? 1 for being very little and 10 a lot
20. taikucing (unregistered)
Chinese manufacturers don't give a flying f*ck to patents ;)