BlackBerry service outage hits Europe, Middle East and Africa
For several hours, BlackBerry users on the three continents couldn’t receive emails, but now the unnamed issue has been fixed.
"We can confirm that services have been restored and are now operating normally," RIM said in an apology statement.
Luckily, RIM has managed to deal with the issue in timely manner after in October 2011 a three day outage stopped BlackBerries from receiving and sending emails, messages and from browsing the web. The Canadian company then apologized and said it will invest more in infrastructure to avoid further such issues.
The outage and the failure to provide a competitor to iPhone and Android devices led to a change in leadership at Waterloo. The CEO duo Mike Lazaridis - Jim Balsillie resigned and promoted Thorsten Heins as the new chief executive. Since then, the company has been hard at work on delivering the new BlackBerry 10 platform and devices running on it. It delayed the launch of the first wave of gadgets from late-2012 to early 2013.
source: Wall Street Journal
1. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
poor RIM, long dead. Hoping for a decent revival with BB10
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4559; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Right! I really wanted them to make a solid come back. It seems that now THEY meaning RIM are putting nails in their own coffin.
7. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
their name suits their personality
R.I.M = R.I.P
8. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
more like Epic fail. Your days and OS is gone with Nokia. ios and os rules. Windows bb and others are down.
3. Naitto (Posts: 50; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Yah they’ll go kicking and screaming all the way to the grave yard, instead of just laying down and vanishing.
4. Seymur (unregistered)
i told you BB sucks right now. nobody believed.
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
pikapowerize will come sooner rather than later ! i bet that
poor rim, go to hell
RIM = RIP
10. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
BB its time to join Android orelse byebye.
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Adding infrastructure or selling them ? BB sucks big time because of trhe forced middleware sales (BES). Absolute crap if i cannot see the sent mails on my mail account on my domain.
13. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
apple is celebrating the iPhone 5 while BlackBerry struggle just for eat
14. downphoenix (Posts: 2636; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I hope RIM figures out a way to avoid situations like this with BB10. The web and email services are tightly integrated with current BB devices, which can have its own advantages, but outages like this really hurt their customers.
15. modyt (Posts: 30; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
all the world's BB lovers are on PA! BB EPIC FAIL!