Apple iPad to be available in every cabin on the cruise ship Splendour of the Seas
The cruise line told USA Today that the iPad in each of the liner's 1804 cabins will show the ship's daily listing of activities and events and will allow users to see their personal itinerary on the tablet. The Apple iPad will also allow users to browse the web, watch movies, order room service and view restaurant menus. In other words, the tablet will be like a portable version of the interactive television system found on the ship.
Within the next two years, 5 of the line's 22 ships will be renovated while dry docked and also will be set up with a iPad in each cabin. Those ships include the Legend of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas and Vision of the Seas.
source: USAToday via AppleInsider
2. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
I am expecting the hate to come on any minute now.
3. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
think they will mount these down like TV remotes in cheap hotels? lol
5. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
probably will. Lock it to the table or something.
4. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
All my ios devices beat all my android devices so please go ahead and hate :D
Except when i want to make a wifi hotspot and want to install custom roms.
15. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Dont buy cheap low end android devices and you'll see the difference.
6. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
They charge you to use the ships wifi so do you have to also pay to use internet on the ipad?
7. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
What if they want a different sync for each ipad? Doomed? Or take 1804 laptops with different itunes libraries...
8. MeDo_0 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Soooo... how much am i going to be charged when this ipad from my room goes over board or goes missing?
9. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I don't think that it would actually persuade me to ride this cruise over another, I could just bring the tablet that I already own, hmmm there's an idea.
10. MeDo_0 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
that would be cool if the ship allowed you to sync up with it and view the itinerary with your own personal tablet.I just think its a way for them to bump up the ticket price a bit and offer "premium insurance" while on board.lol
12. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Where they are in the cabins ? In the toilet ?
13. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
regardless of brand/OS preference, I wouldnt want to be liable for a piece of equipment i didnt ask for. send it back
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its a neat idea.. but anyone that has ever been on a cruise knows that a waiter comes by every 5 seconds to ask u if u want another drink. lol.. and if your on a cruise, u shouldnt be playing with your darn electronics. There are too many fun things to do.. like.. gamble.. and drink.. and all sorts of fun stuff.. lol.
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, thumb me down. mad because you havent been on a cruise? they are awesome, i highly recommend. notice in my post i didnt even mention the ipad, i said "electronics"..lol. i meant all electronics. lol
17. Stuntman (Posts: 828; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I wonder if they would allow me to use my own tablet on the ship.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea sure.. but why would you bring it? i love cruises. one of our first rules is all electronics stay at home/in the car. a week of being disconnected and just being pampered (and drunk) is sooo good. :)