Android KitKat update for Galaxy S4 nears, here's how the new TouchWiz status bar will look like
1. imMature (Posts: 87; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Meh. Why do they want to make it look like AOSP's?
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 1020; Member since: 07 May 2012)
because cartoony and neon icons is becoming really outdated and annoying
9. nlbates66 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
whats the point of buying any Android device at all that isn't a nexus if all you want is the stock boring Android UI? I was actually interested in what they'd try for the magazine UX on the phones.
32. darkskoliro (Posts: 1020; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I like Sense quite a lot which isnt nexus style. The layout is very professional and sleek, and the whole thing runs butter smooth.
37. afegit (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Sense also has a minimal set of features, just like the nexus lineup. maybe thats why it runs smooth and lag free? cus it lacks features just like the Ipone? IMO touchwiz is the best cus its got such useful and innovative korean technology and is gud
39. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Stock boring ? Its also the sleekest looking and smoothest
21. akki20892 (Posts: 3731; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yeah looks old though. samsung better renew whole ui.
38. iphoneplz (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
i wont really say out dated or annoying if they are able to sell a lot more smartphones then are manufactures like lg, htc, nokia.
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
A rumor claims that Google has added a new set for rules everyone must follow if they want to sleep the play store and other Google services, that includes the transparent notification bar and on screen buttons
7. Gaurav008 (Posts: 287; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Count out Samsung on the "on screen buttons" front.
8. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
it kinda reminds me of wp.
i love how cool tw works and sense looks and google wants to take that away.
13. poikilo (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Umm..... sorry to burst your bubble, but WP doesn't have a notification system.
26. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
i was talking about aesthetics and the look of monochrome icons. dont rush to reply. think first. talk later
28. poikilo (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
While this article didn't talk about none of them. Read first and comment later.
And please which aesthetics are you referring to, there is none.
34. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
i read first and comment later. thats why im a dr and youre not (probably). you didnt get what i was talking about
36. poikilo (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
You being a dr is in no way related to your commenting sense.
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I like it this way.
Always wanted to have TW features with AOSP minimalistic look.
Way to go Samsung!
22. Cicero (Posts: 598; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
I also like TW. I'm confortable with it and love the "plus" things (still I'm not using more of them but I have them).
25. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Agree on that. Tw is good with it's features.
But they just need to tweak their interface and apps to look more like stock android, and optimize them for better performance too.
Would like to see what samsung brings on next
27. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
sorry i dont like stock android. i hate it. and if someday samsuc switches to stock i would start buyin sony or lg. you see i like sammy phones bcuz of their tw features and looks.
2. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Looking good, hope the update also includes a smaller bloatware.
16. livyatan (Posts: 811; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
The OS is basically looking the same.
The only change is the transparent status bar, and the KitKat fonts here and there .
The same amount of "bloat" as before.
But it works faster , boots and unlocks faster, and is more RAM efficient.
My Note 3 now has over 2.7GB listed (2.4GB before) and can have up to 1.9GB of "free" RAM at times .
11. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Uhh. 4.4.2 is already seeding. I got the update days ago in my Exynos Galaxy Note 3.
12. breathlesstao (Posts: 78; Member since: 16 Apr 2010)
You should either be more precise with these articles (which models'/carriers' updates you're on about), or be more up to date with the news. KitKat for the Note 3 has been official for like a week or two now, if not more... (And I believe for the S4 as well.)
14. livyatan (Posts: 811; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Newsflash for you , PA..
There are other countries on this Earth besides USA!
And people from those countries are reading your site!
I got the official 4 4. 2 update 3 weeks ago -.-
17. Gaurav008 (Posts: 287; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
News flash for you too then. See those tags? AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Software updates? You see them right. And as the US of America's carriers suck at giving fast software updates. The article is pretty legit. Besides, PA is an American website not an around the globe one. Stop bashing.
18. nothingmuch (Posts: 183; Member since: 03 May 2013)
They are like dogs, barking at something before knowing what they are barking at.
20. jan25 (Posts: 432; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i think his point is, we all have seen the Kitkat update for the S4 and Note 3. So basically, there isn't any news here.
23. livyatan (Posts: 811; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
No my point is that the author of the article haven't in any word mentioned that this applies only to the USA carrier's Note 3 which is a very, irresponsible , unprofessional and disrespectful way of writing on a worldwide popular website.
Tags aren't an excuse.
19. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Really this is "new" news lol, we have seen this white transparent notification shade like a month ago and tw has had transparent notification for a while now so thats not news. We already know how kk tw looks because people are running it on s4 and note 3 already.
30. Jayshmay (Posts: 76; Member since: 27 Mar 2011)
Does a flatter look also mean it will take much less memory than current tw? That's my only complaint about tw, how much of a resource hog it is with memory.
33. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Nice, glad they finally got rid of the green. Loving the transparent nav bar as well
40. TechVoid (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
Stock>Motorla>Sense>Xperia UI>'New TouchWIz'>LG UI>Old Touchwiz