Android 6.0 = Key Lime Pie?
The folks over at The Verge claim to have a reliable inside source at Google who states that Key Lime Pie will come after Jelly Bean. The Verge backs up this prediction by pointing out that this is the same person that tipped them about the Jelly Bean name last year.
Besides this tipster’s great track record, if we are to follows Google’s pattern of naming Android releases after a dessert in alphabetical order, it’s hard to think of desserts that start with K, except for maybe Kugelhopf (bonus points if you know what that is). We’re pretty sure Google is going to go with something more recognizable in America. Key Lime Pie it is.
source: The Verge
2. squallz506 posted on 04 Mar 2012, 20:31 19 2
wow, i predicted this in a comment i made on febuary 27.
8. bayusuputra posted on 04 Mar 2012, 21:11 12 0
you are the reliable source mentioned!!!!
10. MichaelHeller posted on 04 Mar 2012, 21:51 15 0
It's also what we predicted back in September of last year, when we first heard of Jelly Bean. Followed by Lollipop, Millefeuille, Nougat, and on and on
17. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Mar 2012, 22:27 4 0
you wanna go Phone Arena? you wanna go!? >;P
15. Saamic posted on 04 Mar 2012, 22:20 2 0
I swear I was about to say that I saw you comment that
16. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Mar 2012, 22:26 1 1
just for the record i agreed with it being Key Lime Pie there too. ;D
7. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 04 Mar 2012, 21:06 1 0
It'll be a while until we get to Oreo. As the updates seem to go in order by alpahabet. So when we get to the letter "O" it'll be Android 10.0...
37. Cwebb posted on 05 Mar 2012, 06:43 0 0
I know that, that's why I said 27.0, as in its gone through the alphabet!
38. GuiltyBystander posted on 05 Mar 2012, 06:48 0 1
When they reach Z, they will start over from A.
42. EclipseGSX posted on 05 Mar 2012, 10:45 0 0
doubt it, what about Q or even X do you have names for those? Where is your source they will start the naming convention over hmmm
13. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Mar 2012, 22:17 1 0
will there really be such big version jumps? it seems more likely Jelly Bean will be Android 4.x and maybe Key Lime Pie will be Android 5. o:
19. oddmanout posted on 04 Mar 2012, 22:37 1 0
Ha you beat me to it. I was posting this earlier then left my computer for a moment and just finished the comment. But yeah, I doubt it.
18. oddmanout posted on 04 Mar 2012, 22:33 1 0
I doubt these updates are going to be this incremental. Until jelly bean comes out, I still don't see them using the Android 5.0 moniker just yet. The leap to whole numbers usually indicates a big change and seeing that ice cream sandwich is still not established in the market today, I doubt jelly bean will be too different from ICS. But don't quote me... I'm simply speculating.
23. Scott_H posted on 05 Mar 2012, 00:15 0 0
It's worth noting that we don't know that Jelly Bean will be 5.0 or that Key Lime Pie will be 6.0 - it may be that Android will be adopting a full version update every year, but as recently as Gingerbread (2.3) that wasn't true, so it's probably not a safe assumption to make right now.
25. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Mar 2012, 00:26 0 0
oh oh, you definitely wanna go! you can't just go stealing the King's Comment Thunda! >;P
40. protozeloz posted on 05 Mar 2012, 07:44 0 0
My bet is on The big numbers from now on, I can see a 4.x on io as an update that fixes bugs and betters performance (something easy for manufacturers to update)
ad the big numbers along with a new code name.
24. cellphonator posted on 05 Mar 2012, 00:21 2 0
Waiting for the version that will start with A if they will choose Apple Pie, to see if there will be a lawsuit for that.
29. BomberXL posted on 05 Mar 2012, 01:35 0 0
question is, what happens after we have surpassed Z!??!?
44. protozeloz posted on 05 Mar 2012, 15:17 0 0
if the OS survives for around 20 years you mean? I build them a new alphabet
32. unnamed19 posted on 05 Mar 2012, 02:07 0 0
i dont like it..
i think it should be android "TELO KASPE".
btw "telo kaspe" is not expensive and many people like it.. :D
33. Leo_MC posted on 05 Mar 2012, 02:18 0 1
Why is this a news?
ICS is on 1% of phones, jelly something is just a "far away" project (according to Google) - because the end of the year is far away - kk something is just a uninteresting story. Sure it will be done (as ll something or zz something) but that's not news, that's tabloid article...
34. frydaexiii posted on 05 Mar 2012, 02:45 0 0
Wonder what Z would be and what comes after that...Hope I live that long to see how Android grows every year
41. ghost__uwi posted on 05 Mar 2012, 09:20 0 0
One thing android will always beat apple in is the naming of their OS versions.
43. bvalde09 posted on 05 Mar 2012, 12:15 1 0
MMMmm Im not sure why Google is thinking about future versions. I would have to agree with the jellybean but with Key Lime Pie? but they should focus instead on the Gingerbread for some devices and the ICS update for other devices. When they are at 25% then release the next OS