OnePlus 5T gets loads of new features in the latest OxygenOS update
OnePlus is pushing yet another major update for its latest flagship, the OnePlus 5T. For the time being, all the new features and improvements are available to those who are enrolled in the open beta program, but they are likely to be released to everyone in the coming weeks.
As the title says, the newest OxygenOS Open Beta adds quite a lot of new features to the OnePlus 5T, including the OnePlus Switch app, a new Clipboard, and Drawer categories. You can find below the full changelog of this update:
- Launcher Updated to v2.3;
- Drawer categories (You can see new categories when using the search icon in the drawer);
- Auto folder tagging (When you add applications that are similar, our system will help you automatically name the new folder you created);
- Dynamic Icon for Clock (The Clock icon is now dynamic);
- Notification dot optimization (The Blue notification dots present to notify you of a newly installed app will now be removed automatically after 15 days);
- Launcher usage tips improved (We’ve added some new helpful tips for first use of the launcher).
- Optimizations for logic managing high power consumption applications;
- Added a more intelligent background application management solution;
- Improved power consumption measurements;
- Various bug fixes and optimizations.
- Added OnePlus Switch application for backup & restore (We’ve added the new OnePlus switch app so moving your information to a new OnePlus device will be easier than ever);
- Clipboard (Added a new clipboard feature activated when copying information. You can edit the text copied and then choose to “Search, Translate, or Share”);
- File manager (Improved experience when deleting files; Added large file management function);
- Dialer (More caller information now given to you during incoming call notification).
There's one known issue with the update, as some third-party camera apps may not fully work with it, so if you're relying on such an app for your daily dose of picture shooting, you might want to wait until OnePlus fixes the problem.
Keep in mind that if you've already flashed a previous OxygenOS open beta build, the new update will come as an OTA. Otherwise, you'll have to flash it using the instructions provided by OnePlus.