Microsoft getting ready to open 11 new Specialty Stores next month, plus new locations “coming soon”
Microsoft has 11 new Specialty Store locations gearing up for grand openings across the United States next month. What is the difference between a specialty location and regular location? Specialty Stores are basically kiosks with a “curated selection” of products.
Specialty stores are certainly not as good as the “real deal,” but they are better than nothing. It basically means that you will be able to find the essentials, but maybe not so many of the “outlier” type items that either take up too much space, or do not sell at high enough volume.
However, if you have been aiming at picking up an Xbox One, new Windows PC or tablet, or Windows Phone, the Specialty Stores should be able to hook you up.
Here is a list of the Microsoft Specialty Store openings planned for next month:
- North Point Mall, Alpharetta, Georgia (north of Atlanta) – May 3rd
- The Oaks, Thousand Oaks, California (northwest of Los Angeles) – May 13th
- Park Place, Tuscon, Arizona – May 13th
- Jordan Creek Town Center, Des Moines, Iowa – May 13th
- Flatiron Crossing, Broomfield, Colorado (north of Denver) – May 15th
- North Star Mall, San Antonio, TX – May 15th
- Westroads Mall, Omaha, Nebraska – May 15th
- The Mall in Columbia, Columbia, Maryland – May 17th
- The Maine Mall, South Portland, Maine – May 17th
- Mall of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, Louisiana – May 17th
- Boise Towne Square, Boise, Idaho – May 17th
Microsoft is also planning on full store openings in Aventura, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Garden City, New York, Paramus, New Jersey, and The Woodlands, Texas.
sources: Microsoft (1, 2) via WinBeta