Gingerbread update for Verizon's LG Revolution is being pushed out as we speak
Bringing up its software version to VS910ZV7, the update brings forth the entire usual suspect of features commonly associated with the sweet tasting snack. Beyond that, it packs along a few things that enhance both the email and messaging experience. And of course, it’s packing some other enhancements and bug fixes to fine tune the overall experience for users. Specifically, they include the following:
Email & Messaging
- Email folders will now display in the correct order.
- The maximum attachment size is now set correctly, even when the
- Exchange service is configured with unlimited size attachments.
- Messages can now be stored on the SIM card. View these messages through the Settings menu, “Manage SIM card messages.”
- Correctly set Out of Office without having to set a start or end time.
- The popup message asking to delete accounts when changing the SIM card now displays correctly.
- The cursor has been reshaped for easier text editing.
- List menu force close issue has been resolved.
- Issues have been fixed involving proper connectivity through the HDMI cable.
- Data now works correctly when toggling in Airplane mode.
If you haven’t seen that long awaited notification on your device, you can simply initiate the manual process yourself under the Software Update section in the Android Settings menu.Once that's all taken care of, you can finally sing the joys of being in good company thanks to Gingerbread.
source: Verizon (PDF)