Ubuntu Touch aiming to be a usable daily driver by the end of May
1. joesseth (Posts: 61; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I hope it's for all devices not on high end devices only.
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2703; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It is planned to run on all devices, high and low end. Canonical is hoping to have the platform gain steam in emerging markets, so it will definitely be optimized for low-end handsets.
4. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
can v install it on old devices like s2 ... just asking
8. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
from what i've read, if your device already has CM10.1 then you should be able to get Ubuntu touch ported over "easily"... apparently the phone boots into CM10.1 then chroots into Ubuntu... or something like that :P
2. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I love ubuntu mobile...but still can't change from android...because of the customization..
9. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i wonder if there will be any customization on Ubuntu touch... one thing I really really want for android to adopt is the gesture based navigation, buttons are sooo last century!
5. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
just shut up and bring it out!!! the more the merrier!!!
6. sapibuntinx (Posts: 57; Member since: 08 May 2013)
why would you want ubuntu when android is already good... ubuntux sux everywhere, desktop and servers..
10. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
variety. plus, don't you want them to come out with some unique features that can be ported over to android?
11. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i ll give a try.... than i ll go for a regular ubuntu fone if i like UI