South Carolina woman spends $180 for wooden Apple iPad
Lieutenant Tony Ivey, a public information officer at the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office said that the men had taken a screenshot of an Apple iPad with the screen on, and pasted a copy of a Best Buy sales ticket on front. On the back, they pasted a cutout of the iconic Apple logo. The cops said that last year, some men were caught selling laptop boxes with phone books stuffed inside them, for the price of a real laptop computer.
If caught, the perps could face 90 days in jail and a fine not to exceed $1,000. A copy of the incident report taken by the police can be found at the sourcelink.
1. Bacon_Hat (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 20:51 23
Told ya people will buy anything with an Apple sticker!
7. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:07 2
i agree. And im one of them. And? what now?
23. YourAToolThen (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 08:51 6
Congratulations! Your a f**kin tool! Flex those internet muscles, YEA!!
37. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 13:57 0
Trust me little man we can do it in person
Send me a PM i will send you may address or we can meet some where. I just be saying jokes up here but if you want to start crying i will spank you.
email me for my info. firstname.lastname@example.org
39. YourAToolThen (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 18:24 1
You ain't hard, get off it.
2. remixfa posted on 30 Aug 2011, 20:58 3
1) what kind of dumbass buys things from "guys on the street" and doesnt check it first?
2) you didnt think it was suspicious when they took $180 bucks for a "new" ipad that they would have just paid like 400-600 for?!?! lol
3. Cinnamon posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:00 1
To clear this out, she must of bought it online BECAUSE she got it in a fedex box lol...
6. Shade posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:07 1
"Two men had approached her and offered her an Apple iPad for $300. When McDowell replied that she only had $180 on her, the men agreed to the price and *HANDED* her a FedEx box."
Not for nothing, but he was right..
9. superguy posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:12 1
Nah, she was quite smart! She saved herself a ton of money by talking the guys into giving her a 40% discount! :D
10. Joshing4fun posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:16 3
Why didn't she just turn around and sell it to someone else? Clearly, there's a lot of dumb people running around there...
30. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 12:18 1
You guys are just mad that a block of wood with Apple on it can sell better than Android
11. remixfa posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:39 4
she probably thought she was buying a 4g ipad as well :)
17. wumberpeb posted on 31 Aug 2011, 00:06 1
Calm down, everybody knows the iPad 2 is 2G. The iPhone 4 is 4G, duh!
31. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 12:18 0
40. iHateCrapple posted on 31 Aug 2011, 18:26 1
Really? Coming from the guy who watches wrestling, lmao.
24. YourAToolThen (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 08:53 2
Looks like biophone thought it was 4G too, lol. Don't be butt-hurt.
12. SMDHLMAO (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:40 1
DUM DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMMM
14. pongkie posted on 30 Aug 2011, 22:51 1
she didn't even got one of those chinese knockoffs SAD
15. Mike (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 23:28 2
It has an actual Apple Logo? How much does she want for it? I'll take it.
18. AppleHater (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 00:26 3
well it's actually not that far from the real thing :D
19. haha (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 01:40 2
thats an apple consumer for ya.
20. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 31 Aug 2011, 01:58 2
hahahahahaha I don't feel sorry for her at all.
22. maxxx (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 06:11 1
she should of called the police and say: i`m stupid, please arrest me now
26. darth8ball posted on 31 Aug 2011, 10:16 2
I knew Apple customers had wood between their ears, didn't know they also had it between their hands....LOL LOL LOL, Apple sux
27. theo14461 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:04 1
All is not lost, she can keep it displayed in her home as a reminder of a product that will be extinct in about a year.
29. wilt (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 12:17 1
LMAO IF SHE WOULD HAVE HAD THE $300 LIKE THEY ASKED AT FIRST SHE MAY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REAL iPAD BUT SHE ONLY HAD $180 so SHE got $180 WORTH OF APPLE Ipad $300 would get you the apple and $180 GOT HER THE APPLE TREE STUMP "LITERALLY" LMAO
32. wilt (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 12:20 1
and its even funnier because more than likely if guys came up to her on the street the ipad mostly likely if it was real would have be "HOT" as in stolen, And she called the police it wouls have been funny if they would have arrested her for buying/or attempting to buy stolen goods.
35. darth8ball posted on 31 Aug 2011, 13:46 0
And I will bet $500 that when the crooks are captured they will sue for the $180 they made and punitive damages in the amount of $100,000 for using the Apple logo without permission and for making the wooden block too much like the iPad