Sony replacing Timescape with Socialife starting with Xperia Z
The tool looks somewhat similar but differently formatted. Instead of seeing an image of a particular post as the background to its text, in Socialife the image is positioned on the right while the text is on the left.
Socialife first appeared on Sony tablets and is making the jump from bigger screens to smartphones. The new app is divided into three sections. First, you have the My Stream home panel aggregating content from your Facebook and Twitter accounts, then Discovery mode for finding out new news sources and finally Favorites where you keep your bookmarks.
How do you like the new Socialife app, and would you miss Timescape?
source: Xperia Blog
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
No Google+ integration? Sad :(
guess I have to wait what friendstream offers for the upcoming HTC sense :(
5. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Think they will have it once it is released.
And tbf, who uses G+ anyway...
8. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Google+ is much more powerful that Facebook, it's just that majority of people never heard of it.
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
coz google+ are for geeks and android savy!
14. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
totally agree! i joined google+ over a year ago (march i think) but until now, it is still boring!
but actually google+ has people...since most people now has android and google force them to use google+ integration in all android/google related things that you do on it!
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I have encountered with the same problem. Solution - just try to watch it directly from YouTube, here is the link:
Now it works fine for me.
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks nice. Can't wait till it comes out but video is broken
4. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Basil Konfli used to work in phonearena right?
6. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Timescpe looks cool but not that great for reading tweets/facebook post. This Socialife looks like a great substitute for the app.
12. pyradark (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Sony tablet S release this around 2011
10. Bernoulli (Posts: 1484; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
First, sony ericsson and sony are 2 different things, second, this new socialife is more of a windows tile thing, timescape looks a lot better than this "new" thing
11. Feanor (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Funny how Timescape was so poorly received and now so many miss it :-))
I think it was an excellent idea but poorly implemented.
13. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
as long as it is not as bad as the nokia social!
16. the_EDJ (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Sep 2008)
Using the SocalLife app from my Sony Tablet S, I was underwhelmed and went back to official apps or 3rd Party Replacement apps. The feed was always slow to aggregate recent posts, so you lose out on the immediacy of Twitter. The widget constantly crashed too and failed to update.
Worth giving a second look? Yes. But it needs a lot of work to be usable. C'mon Sony, stick with the hardware, let others worry about software.