Some iOS 5 devices using iCloud experiencing random Apple ID bug
After about six or seven requests, the IDs continue to generate at the rate of one every twenty minutes and are persistent even if no applications are running. This really leaves the door open for someone to attempt to exploit the issue and obtain access to many Apple IDs.
Electronista is reporting that the issue has occurred both prior to and after iOS 5.0.1. Currently, the only way affected users have been able to avoid the issue, is to not use iCloud to restore the device, which really is more of a workaround than a solution.
Electronista has posted a video demonstrating the bug in action. Have any of you experienced this when restoring your device from iCloud?
source: Apple Support Communities via Electronista
22. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
battery faults,ios 5 faults,echo speaker faults,call dropping or silent out going faults,yellow screen faults,wifi connection faults and now the icloud faults,yes the iphone 4s has alot to answer for for a year old phone,but of course none of these faults actually exist apparently !! ;-)
2. akhi216 (Posts: 61; Member since: 01 May 2011)
Siri, why does the iPhone 4S have an Apple ID bug?
9. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
everybody has been given a thumbs down on this
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The only thing the iFans can do at this point is to thumbsdown the posters. Trying to defend the presence of a bug/hack in iOS/iCloud is a losing proposition.
So, they click the thumbsdown button.
15. remixfa (Posts: 14067; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its better for taco's thumbs to be seen, than to be heard.. lol
i4s.. one fail after another. you would think that since they are rereleasing the same phones, it wouldnt have so many bugs in it.
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
haha seems like he has to stuck with his ridiculously magical cable for now..
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
24. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
agreed remixfa,as i said in the post above ^^^:
battery faults,ios 5 faults,echo speaker faults,call dropping or silent out going faults,yellow screen faults,wifi connection faults and now the icloud faults,yes the iphone 4s has alot to answer for for a year old phone,but of course none of these faults actually exist apparently !! so keep buying those faulty products apple fans!!
23. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Of course the frightening thing is the main people actually hacking an taking advantage to exploit this icloud awful fault is probably apple themselves no doubt further collecting 'information and locations' of its users
3. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
One issue after another, the sheep wont like this.
4. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
this is just a bug for now... it will be fixed on the next update...
its just like when android has a bug and it can be fixed on the updates later on..
i'm just saying what i think and i'm not on anyone's side...
but im a fan of android... XD
6. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
funny thng is...i restored my iPad with icloud last night and i experienced the same exact thing and the finger gestures wern't working except from 4 fingers slide up to d multitasking screen.....just restored it with my laptop, looks good again..:)
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
So much for the vaunted 'security' of iOS....
8. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Hmm. is it just a coincidence that as soon as ios starts to resemble Android it becomes buggy. lol
10. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
sounds like we have some....
*takes off sunglasses*
11. roscuthiii (Posts: 1863; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I think Apple just got too complacent at the top and their people just phoned in the most recent software work. I suppose it's also possible that if they phoned it in that spotty connections and battery issues could have caused some errors...
16. remixfa (Posts: 14067; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ok, so we are averaging nearly a bug a week with iOS5 and the i4s. Anyone wanna guess at what next week's bugs are?
17. BattleBrat (Posts: 1148; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Someone should draw up a whiteboard and start taking bets
18. remixfa (Posts: 14067; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im gonna say... notification system errors are next.
19. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
no the next bug will be safari won't open.
I had this bug, just rebooted ipad fixed. But I guess next week we'll hear about this rather then the notification.
Also remix, ios does have notificiation a long time but never in the form it is now. Before it was just a little message text and that's it, basically.
21. ElectroManiac (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Nobody say iOS didn't have notification before, but they do copy the notification form of android.
25. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I've seen many iphone 4s come back in with faulty claims in my store, Some lower profile faults are faulty mics,caller id not turning on faults and even some with no calenders for some weird reason,as usual thew the only explanation you can give the customer is 'Hey its an iphone!'