Samsung uses YouTube video ads to promote the Galaxy S5, Gear 2 and Gear Fit
A couple of days ago we told you that Samsung released an official promo video detailing the features of the Galaxy S5 (the 16MP rear camera, the built-in heart rate monitor, the Fingerprint Scanner and so on). Well, this exact video is the one that’s being used as an ad. Samsung also released a promo video showing off the Gear 2 and Gear Fit - this, too, is being used as an ad. We were greeted by both videos this evening, while casually browsing YouTube. Of course, both are also available as standalone videos on YouTube.
The Galaxy S5 will be launched around the world (in about 150 countries) starting April 11, while the Gear 2 and Gear Fit should be also released next month. This means that there’s plenty of time for Samsung to heavily promote them.
Samsung Galaxy S5, Gear 2 and Gear Fit promoted in YouTube video ads
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I personally like watching smartphone related ads :P
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7726; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Especially on TV. I never change the channel lol.
5. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
ha I wouldn't either. I don't care where I see the ad. If I see a smartphone anywhere I'm like *_*
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7726; Member since: 14 May 2012)
By far the Nokia Lumia 1020 commercial last year was one of the best. Oh and the Microsoft wedding ad too - can't forget THAT one haha.
13. Scott93274 (Posts: 674; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I can't say that I've seen any of these.
12. Scott93274 (Posts: 674; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Including LG's G Flex with the hairy hand phone?
14. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
lol! No. That didn't even show the phone until the very end. Horrible. Didn't show anything except the mouth on the hand and the man making out with it.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7726; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Holy hell Samsung has already spent over $30 million just to promote the S5. Just imagine how much they'll spend by the time of launch.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7726; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Well the new Galaxy family. $20 million from Oscars and a few million for other ads.
9. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Oh that makes sense. Still wondering why this is newsworthy though lol, I'm pretty sure I have seen a galaxy ad on youtube before or it might have been a carrier promoting a new galaxy device still don't think it's newsworthy
15. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2941; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The author might be trying to start another flame war Samsung Vs The World with this article. lol
16. maccess (Posts: 583; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
honestly i was thinking the same way.. lol..
17. GTR722 (Posts: 223; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
And still the actual phone looks like a plastic toy...
6. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3079; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Thats a breaking news worth mentioning i guess.
10. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3079; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Where are the hilarious the next big thing ads
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3079; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Btw the expressions on the cover image are a bit d@g@y stylee awkward.
20. joonyboy (Posts: 41; Member since: 11 Nov 2010)
Even though those pictures were snapshots of the Youtube ad, my muscle reflex instinctively hovered over the "skip ad" icon to click it LOL