Samsung is preparing an 8.4-inch 359ppi AMOLED tablet
The other listed specifications of the Samsung SM-T700 tell us that it sports an octa-core Exynos 5 SoC, clocked at 1.9GHz. It features four ARM Cortex A15 and four ARM Cortex A7 cores, coupled together with the big.LITTLE technology, which provides greater power efficiency. The tablet sports 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The SM-T700 comes with a 7-megapixel camera on the back, whereas the front-facing snapper is a 2MP one. The GFXBench data also reveals that it is running the latest version of Android – KitKat 4.4.2.
Provided that these might be the first slates that are sporting an AMOLED display, we are more than eager to lay our hands on them and test them. What about you?
SM-T700 spotted at GXFBench
source: GFXBench via TabletGuide (translated)
1. galanoth (Posts: 340; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
My Galaxy Tab 7.7 might finally go back in its box.
11. hung2900 (Posts: 821; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I have waited for tab 7.7 successor for a so long time. Samsung has disappointed me over and over time. Hope that not one more time.
Tab 7.7 is still one of the best tablet.
15. boblight (Posts: 84; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Agreed ! The 7.7 is one of the BEST Android tablets I have ever used ! Good size with good specs ! Still rocking it till today. Really hope they release a successor soon !
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Super super amoled. Maybe the first tablet that i will finally buy after lots of hesistation and resistance.
16. night_elf (Posts: 38; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
i was also waiting for AMOLED Tablets :D if thats true ill buy one
6. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 554; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I hope it's better than GTab 7.7 in terms of design and build quality.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
It had an aluminium unibody right. So whats the problem.
9. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 554; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
The only problem is Samsung had discontinued those premium design from GTab 7.7 and the trio Wave. I was just hoping that Samsung will bring that premium design again in future products to boost their sales.
12. Achilis (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
I was about to buy a galaxy tab 7.7 just for its screen year back, but somehow didn't buy it. i Think this is going to be the first ever tablet i am going to buy...
13. channel6 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
This most likely will be the NotePro 8.4. TabPros and NotePro 12.2 already came out. Only thing was missing was an 8 inch Note tablet
14. Totse2k15 (Posts: 276; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Great! I'll be waiting for this sexy beast.
17. ThePython (Posts: 390; Member since: 08 May 2013)
ITT: Samsung will launch -more- tablets.
18. Elfmonster (Posts: 107; Member since: 23 Dec 2013)
I'm interested. Frankly, I have been slightly disappointed with my 8.4. Wayyy better than LG 8.3. However my 8.4 screen isn't as appealing as my Nexus 7 (a huge shock to me). Plus 8.4 won't let me run Android Runtime on KitKat. But I will always go look at the new Samsung screens, because you never know when one will just wow you.
19. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 210; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Maybe this is the Nexus 8?!?! Google has been know to favor AMOLED displays. I would buy this day one, no questions asked.