Samsung UK allegedly leaks the Galaxy S6 retail price, and it isn't pretty
1. Tritinum (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Storage is unclear, could be a 128gb or even higher considering sammy is making their own storage now. Price would be justified if its 128gb.
11. namesib (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
The SanDisk 128GB microSD card is going for £55 right now. Even if internal storage is faster, this price is ridiculous. This is why I won't be buying any phone with microSD support.
22. PiteCZek (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Feb 2015)
Much faster, much more reliable - and if it is the new memory Samsung is making, it would be lightning fast....that price could be justifiable if you prefer quality :)
26. spin9 (Posts: 304; Member since: 31 May 2014)
There's a revolutionary solution for all these: buy something else
23. Gfkyo (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Feb 2015)
Disappointed fan here. No microSD support means no buy for me too. It looks to me Samsung just ditched their fans. Will wait for S7 and see if they include this feature otherwise going to buy Note 4.
44. j2001m (Posts: 2950; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Samsung is 2.7 faster then htc m9, so it's going to lag out big time with your sd card over the s6
31. MrHate (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
Wait where are the people who called the iPhone expensive? Where are they? All of you turned to " $1080 ?? That isn't expensive at all dudes. Look they have this super duper new storage from Samsung which is faster than light. With that our TouchWitz won't lag that much anymore."
And people like you call iPhone users brainwashed because they pay a good amount of money for their phone.....
46. j2001m (Posts: 2950; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
The iPhone got no good hardware in it as is outdated by the years, this as the fastest tech going and best screen, good try
58. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 10278; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Because the iPhone has no new features. 1080p is old and came out in 2011 on phones. The iPhone 6 and 6+ have identical hardware to the 5S.They simply bumped up the clock speed.
The S6 has a 5 and 20MP camera, 1440P display and more. I'd gladly pay $1000 because eit ha sall new hardware vs Apple charge $1000 for 3 year old hardware.
See how stupid you are an sound? You think$1000 is too much for brand new 2015 hardware vs Apple cost on old hardware isn't?
57. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 10278; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Samsung has always made their own storage....geez!
2. TimCook (banned) (Posts: 450; Member since: 23 Oct 2014)
More premium material = higher price..
The gs6 costs more money to produce than the gs5.
samsung has to make a profit so higher price is very normal..
8. bur60 (Posts: 850; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
BUULLLLLLLLLLL-, It's still not justified.
They just took the Apple way. Overpriced products show more wealth that's why they peaked the price even higher. Phones are already overpriced.
10. boosook (Posts: 1437; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Neither is the iphone, but somehow when we're talking about the iphone nobody complains about the price... if Apple can price the iphone like that, why can't samsung do the same with a phone that will have the same quality and the same or better hardware specifications? (please note that I'm not a Samsung fanboy)
18. irbaaz (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Because samsung don't have audience like iPhone.
60. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 10278; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Really? Samsung sold over 80M phone per quarter for 2 years in a row. Apple has done it how many times? ONCE!!!!! So the math fool. One goes into 8 how many times?
24. vandits (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Consider this... When you buy an iPhone, you pay for hardware (material, design) and software (r&d, design, in-house by Apple). They also make a huge profit. When you buy an Android flagship, you pay for hardware. That's it. Why? Software is by Google, FREE. So think again, who is really milking money out of the customer?
37. elitewolverine (Posts: 5185; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
AOSP is free, the google version they use they have to license making it not free.
41. tedkord (Posts: 11893; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
There is still R&D into the software with Android. TouchWIZ is different from stock Android right down to the framework.
63. vandits (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 May 2014)
They still didn't have to build an operating system from scratch. It was already built. No one can deny that. They just modified it and added stuff on top.
40. CreeDiddy (Posts: 787; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
One reason is that Samsung is not established as a high end brand. They have budget phones and now phones with a premium look and feel. Now just because their phones established similar characteristics to the iPhone they are far from displaying that all their products contain high premium materials. Samsung is so confused what company they are. You can't sell a $700-$1000 phone but have a brand new stripped down S6 and sell it for $300-$400 in low end markets. It's doesn't work that way.
59. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 10278; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
because Samsung fans aren't hypocrites. They also don't know hardware. They think upping the cost $100 and getting nothing new is ok. Get brand new 2015 hardware and all of a sudden the cost is too much.
They are stupid. They will forever be sheep and like all most animals, are stupid by default.
34. BobbyBuster (banned) (Posts: 854; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
The price is justified in every way.
Ya know, Sammy has to pay all the keyboard warriors around the world for their hard efforts.
And in case they get caught, Sammy has to pay heavy fines like it happened in Taiwan.
48. j2001m (Posts: 2950; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Sorry but it as all the best tech, the cheap parts being used I. Your htc m9 does not cover the cost charged
29. Af1rPA (Posts: 700; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
The high price is used for Samsungs advertising.
3. fanboylemonkiller (Posts: 16; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Well you have to take into account that this is in the UK. I mean here in Sweden the release price of the Galaxy s5 was about 650-700 euros. The Gs6 will cost about the same as the Gs5 on release or just slightly higher. The real question is how much will the Gs6 edge be? My guess is 800 euros.
12. maherk (Posts: 3880; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You should've by now be familiar with PA's dirty antics. They always do this with every other phone that isn't Apple branded.
We all know that EVERYTHING in Europe is more expensive.
If it's true that the S6 will cost £699, then it will be priced the same as the S5 in other markets.
30. MrHate (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
Dude that's not true. Yesterday I found something that was more expensive in the US than here in Europe. I was so damn shocked to see something like that. I thought I was dreaming or something.
33. maherk (Posts: 3880; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Bumping into something that is cheaper in Europe was a shock for you, so your comment did indeed prove my point.