Samsung Gear Live is official: available on Google Play today
We don't yet know the specs for the Samsung Gear Live, but earlier rumors pointed out that it comes with a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED display, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of on-board storage, and a 300mAh battery. The processor of the Gear Live is said to be clocked at 1.2GHz, and it could also feature a heart rate monitor and IP67 certification on board for water and dust resistance.
Samsung Gear Live is official Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Samsung Gear Live is official
1. Busyboy (Posts: 145; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Am I the only person not even slightly interested by these "Smartwatches"? They are a complete money grab IMO
4. alaw.14 (Posts: 119; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
How do you know that they are complete money grabs. You didn't even see what they can do yet.
5. Busyboy (Posts: 145; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
People already have smartphones, why would you need some extra gizmo's. I prefer a plain old watch that can tell time, not notify you who texted you or something. That's what smartphone notifications are for. Just my opinion, only time will tell if people will get em
7. maherk (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Trust me, I had those same thoughts when the 1st smartwatch introduced, then my brother got the 1st Gear, I became interested after testing it but not to the point that I would buy one. But with the introduction of the new Gears, I thought that Samsung stepped up their game and got myself the Neo, I loved it, but i ended up trading it for the Neo, much lighter than the Neo and it's a plus for me when I play basketball.
8. Busyboy (Posts: 145; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
lol you said "I thought that Samsung stepped up their game and got myself the Neo" then "but i ended up trading it for the Neo"
6. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1650; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I agree with you... I see myself using this for a day a or two.. And never again...they are pointless..
2. alaw.14 (Posts: 119; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Nah, ill wait for the gear 3. The gear live is a good watch though.
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1650; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
......meh..if priced right, then it will sell.....same as LG Notifiatch
11. downbeat4 (Posts: 66; Member since: 03 Dec 2010)
I find it hard to use a normal watch now. The notification and muting of incoming calls is too convenient to not have. Style wise though, the 360 couldn't come fast enough.
12. JunitoNH (Posts: 834; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Is not just a fashion accessory, is an accessory for your phone.
13. MINDoSOUL (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Q:Question | A:Answer
Q1: Do you wear or like to wear a watch or not?
A: If No then the development in this area doesn't interest you, so you can move on, If Yes then answer Q2.
Q2: Why i want to use a digital watch over the conventional watch?
A2: 1. Ability to change the interface of the watch because i get bored with it.
2. know: time,call, messages, directions, listen to music( if there is enough battery), use limited essential needed apps related to health,cooking, driving, voice memo) we don't need it to replace my phone so we don't need all the apps working on it or use the watch to make phone calls or messages i simply want it to inform me because that's the function of the phone. Its much easier to pick my phone from my pocket than tinkering with the small watch.
3. Battery ..Battery...Battery .....Battery ( minimum 1 week i don't want another device looking for power juice, its already too much with my other devices)
Final Note: The only downside to digital watch expansion is battery life, as long as it is less than 1 week i will simply stick with my smartphone.
14. TechViv (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
are we gone be able to make a phone call or receive a call with this watch or LG watch that got launched today?
15. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
On the red carpet:
- Who are you wearing?
- Oh, I'm wearing Android!