Samsung Galaxy S5 already copied to create the Goophone S5
Goophone has been copying, well everyone, for years now, and while it is easy to poke fun at their efforts, when you see what you get for the money, you may not be so fast start laughing. The Goophone S5 is only $300.
For $300, you get a MediaTek octa-core CPU humming along at 2GHz, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage with microSD support, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), a 5-inch 1080p display, 13MP camera, a decent sized 2,800mAh battery, and dual-SIM card slots. Alas, there is no fingerprint scanner, though we suspect buyers of this device will not be pining for one.
Goophone i5S, Goophone i5C, Goophone N3 and the Goophone Smart Watch.
No word on availability, but in Goophone’s (un)original phrasing, it is “almost here.”
31. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 162; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
You want "water proof" for $300 knock off phone?
44. phonejustice (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i dont understand why people keep praising about the SONY Z2, well it is well built quality and also appearance, but the OS is just under designed, less small shortcuts and functions. Premature OS.
2. majp89 (Posts: 115; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Lmao this company is hilarious, they're the trolls of the mobile industry.
46. zacsaturday (Posts: 114; Member since: 09 May 2014)
Especially when they made an iPhone 4 (or was it 4s) before it was released by Apple and then sued Apple 'for stealing their design'.
they failed, but it outraged Apple.
3. papss (unregistered)
Weird.. Another unoriginal Chinese company.. Shameless
22. nctx77 (Posts: 904; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Lol! Samsung just got............wait for it.........SAMSUNGED! Lol! Goo phone be like,"we copy better".
28. aditya.k (Posts: 491; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Even GooPhone that Samsung is going to use the same design. So they probably only had to wait for design on its back. LOL!
43. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I think that's just a photoshop, they probably haven't actually made it yet,
5. UglyFrank (Posts: 886; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
It is sad that they get 32GB base and the real one doesn't
6. papss (unregistered)
I'll take SS great record for updates over more storage. One drive has given me a ton of free storage and I'm often near a WiFi connection.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Free 50GB on DropBox for two years on new SS devices. Can't forget about that.
13. papss (unregistered)
True...sweet deal for sure.
15. Sauce (unregistered)
Also try MEGA app. Free 50gigs no matter what phone, so theres 100gigs cloud storage on your SS :)
17. papss (unregistered)
I got an extra 100 for going into a m$ store to compliment my 30 I already had.. Love me some free storage.
29. keari (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
It is sad the goophone's 32gb is partitioned. do you think a copy master will deliver 32gb of flash storage? youll get like 4gb for apps and the rest of the storage being fat32. of course the original s5 will have 32 and 64gb versions
7. apple4never (Posts: 1026; Member since: 08 May 2013)
so you pretty much get a s5 without the finger print sensor and heart beat sensor and no laggy touchwiz for 300$
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And still the troll comments continue.
Let me make this clear enough for you - Touchwiz has been butter smooth since September and has gotten 10x better thanks to KitKat. Software updates? Non existent here.
14. androiphone20 (Posts: 1604; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
...unless when you're using chrome browser. Especially when you're loading pages that are graphically intensive like The Verge ;)
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wrong again. Chrome never fails to disappoint. You're really starting to become boring really.
26. apple4never (Posts: 1026; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yes however ram management isnt great and the software is not my taste at all, its hard to get used to, will confuse first time androiders and is just cartoonish, but thats just me. also a GPE would be sickkkkk
30. keari (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
touchwiz has been slimmed down and well if it is cartoonish you have the option of customizing the interface the way you'd like. first time androiders can always download a tutorial or go with the simplified iphone though i wouldn't prefer that
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 14451; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's not a bad knockoff. $300 bucks not bad at all. Smurf you're right, my N3 doesn't studder at all. Very smooth.
16. johnehms09 (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Its normal since the bezel looks cheap so its not that hard to clone s5
21. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
agree... that's why cheap looking phone becomes the victim of copy. I bet Goophone can't copy Sony Xperia Z
18. TechVoid (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
Samsung should work on sueing them instead of always trying to sue apple
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 14451; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Actually it's apple trying to sue them, they usually counter sue. Get your facts rite. This is PA, we don't play that.
20. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
What the... hahahaha, that's fast. But how can Goophone make the same exact design while S5 is still new?
23. zidich (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Original S5 only water resistant, not water proof
I prefer this one, lol
24. xtremesv (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Of course it's easy to clone a plastic phone. I bet was harder to clone my Galaxy S Captivate with its unique metal back cover.
41. D79_D79_ (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
Huh, goophone also clone iphones which are mad of metal!
42. xtremesv (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
You're right but I bet Goophone had a harder time replicating the iPhone 5S than that awful ice cream sandwich pattern on the S5 back cover.
25. baldilocks (Posts: 593; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Specs are just about the same. Probably less laggy than the Samsung.
34. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I love the Engrish on their website.
35. Adrian38 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Wow, for $300 this is way better than the S5 and CrapWiz Haha
37. Taters (Posts: 3842; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They probably just have connections at the major factories. I wouldn't be surprised if they used real GS5 or whatever they are copying casings and stamp goo phone on it instead of Samsung and use different internals.
Like if Samsung cranks out millions of casings a day, a few can go missing undetected. Samsung would just write them off as defective. Goo phone probably just does that.
38. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
i wish they make another clone Of S5 with the new MT6595 and price it for what say? 329$?
39. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
even 350$ would be great for a processor of that kind!
40. D79_D79_ (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
I dont understand...
Iphone sue samsung for copying when goophones are clones. Thats how you know samsung is a big threat to icrap hence the sueing
45. Jipsons (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 May 2014)
i saw Babiken has one N900 s5: quad core, android 4.2 only USD126. It looks cool (you can watch the youtube video to see this. the video is also on babiken dot com )