Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom pictures leak, confirming earlier rendering
On Saturday, a trio of new pictures were leaked for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom and they seemed to confirm the earlier rendering. Because of the smaller 4.3 inch screen, the front of the device resembles the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. The back of the device looks like the Android powered Samsung Galaxy Camera thanks to the camera hump. The thickness of the device also brings the Samsung Galaxy Camera to mind. This might not be a phone that fits perfectly in the hand or pocket.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom, along with the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, and the water and dust resistant Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, are all scheduled to be unwrapped at the Samsung Premiere event on June 20th in the U.K.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
source: TechTastic via AndroidAuthority
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I prefer the PureView concept over the large zoom lens for cameraphone.
31. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
That moment when a 41mp camera phone is much thinner than a 16mp camera phone.
42. gustavoace (Posts: 99; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
This isn't meant to be a phone with great camera... It's meant to be a great camera with phone capabilities. And PureView is not that good
44. Maddy (Posts: 31; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
PureView is not that good..??? you serious bro !!!
52. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
"Pureview is not that good"
This statement is showing your level of stupidity.
If Pureview is not that good then why 808 is still the champion in camera? Even Galaxy Camera surrendered to PV.
Now, Galaxy Zoom will surrender to Nokia Elvis (EOS)
61. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Galaxy camera sucked, I think it had the same sensor as SGS3. It took very poor pictures for being a camera-phone. But maybe this year Samsung will get it right and will own everybody. We will see.
70. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Nokia EOS just called to say hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
80. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And I just called to say.....go away Samsung hater troll!
86. MEeee (Posts: 269; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I have not seen one 808 anywhere and you don't even want to own one yourself either.
89. Omarc07 (Posts: 247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
if the pureview was soo good then why havent they sold any in the us or in other places?i was just in mexico last week everyone has a SAMSUNG or IPHONE im in Madrid right now and was in the uk yesterday nobody and i mean nobody owned a nokia phone mostly everyone here owns a SAMSUNG or IPHONE.
90. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Because everyone do not care about Camera. 808 was built for Photography with Phone capabilities.
I know, Symbian was weak. Android and iOS have great number of apps. They have dev support that's why they are leading.
Now the same thing is going with Windows phone. WP still lacks in many major apps. It needs time.
45. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5866; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The Sammy Zoom looks like an iteration of the Galaxy Camera with the addition of telephony function.
76. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
This is what happens when Samsung does not copy, disaster
71. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Sumo looks better than this
74. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Galaxy S4 Zoom looks like my shoe, now the s4 no longer holds the record for the world's ugliest phone.
75. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
No.. There is still a war between S4 active and Galaxy Zoom.
77. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
No war, easy victory for Galaxy S4 Zoom.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Now that's the true camera phone, take note Nokia
15. Kurai (unregistered)
what will they take note? the farking ugliness? or the sumo-wrestler-like bulkiness?
18. safegh993 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 May 2013)
maybe from your viewpoint
but for example , i prefer to take very high quality pics to have optical zoom with good or normal quality (i think because of image sensor size s4 zoom can't take relatively noiseless or high quality pics )
23. Damo579 (Posts: 205; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Yeah right. The EOS will take better pics than this. The 808 kicked the galaxy camera's butt and the EOS wil too.
24. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yeah right, the gs4 has already owned every lumia gimmick low light series, and this will does the same as well
59. vandroid (Posts: 279; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
The iPhone 5 owned the lumia 920 on low light the next iPhone is probably gonna beat the 925 too
64. vandroid (Posts: 279; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
A video comparison and even though the iPhone did better the lumia was ranked higher and besides all these people thumbing me down are doing so just because of pv which I'd all Nokia has, no top of the line graphics no 1080p screen lack of apps phone cameras really aren't everything
65. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Right... Show me the link where it did better in low light
63. SkOne (Posts: 87; Member since: 02 May 2012)
You are the true definition of an idiot. I don't like Nokia myself and you would never catch me making such an idiotic comment like that.
79. vandroid (Posts: 279; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Im actually pretty smart, couldnt say the same about you and other imbeciles
32. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
I wonder how much thick phone will they made if they put 41mp camera in it. 20mm?
TAKE NOTE. THIS IS THE REAL BRICK NOW!!! TAKE IT, TAKE IT!
3. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
What the point of having this super thick body if it can't compete with honami and Lumia EOS image quality?
8. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I know of probably won't be able to but there is no need to say that as we have not seen any images from any of them yet! Idiot
10. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
So you already know how good pictures all that phones makes?!
20. Igneel (unregistered)
.. yet. you forget to type the word 'yet'
22. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Who told u honami doesn't exist smart guy?
33. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
and who told you that it exist?
46. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Rumors told us that it exists! lol
54. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Rumors are not always true.
83. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
The prototype is already exist and it's on final stage. Idk what's wrong with these fanboys that thumbed down my comment
84. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Ill remember your name hamster guy when it release
91. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
It will not be named as Honami. They will name it Xperia ZA or ZX. I will remember your name too.
95. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Its prototype dumb ass thats why its called honami
100. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
You don't say?
97. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
First u said rumors are not always true now u wanna remember my name for what? Ill remember your name for being dumb
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2956; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
EOS takes so much better pictures that it doesn't need optical zoom. :) Even with digital zoom the picture looks sharper!
6. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
what the. you cant say that coz nokia eos has no leaked photo samples
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2956; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
But it's improved version of the 808, so we know how well it will perform.
49. JoeChan (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Latest leaked videos show the EOS comes with an optical zoom though.
So EOS = 920 guts, optical zoom (I'm guessing 3x or 4x), Pureview Pro (3x lossless digital zoom for a 5 MP image)
S4 Zoom = S4 Mini guts, no LTE, only thing good about it is the 10x optical zoom
Unless you hate WP8, EOS is the better product by far
5. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
HA! and you say 808 pureview is an ugly camera with phone features
9. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
At least it runs ANDROID!!
with 600,000 of apps and still increasing!!
27. shadez10 (Posts: 403; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
do you download all those 600.000 apps on your phone?.. i think not...
29. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 139; Member since: 03 May 2012)
stupid ass argument everytimeeee
43. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I just referring to the huge choices of apps selection, maybe you don't get it...xp
34. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Sammy fans always go full retarded. Don't know why.
78. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so you may want to start looking for a 41mp app ........ohh wait you cant use an app to get the quality the 808 gives you
falling on the app selection is a weak point when the article is about the camera....
85. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
13. MrKoles (Posts: 325; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
I think this phone (camera?) should be watched in a different view... It´s the main opponent of EOS and probably the Honami...It´s rather a camera than a phone (like the tab 8.0 - tablet, but you can call with it, too.) I hope my text is well understandable, because I´m not a native english speaker.