Samsung Galaxy S III is finally officially announced
1. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1217; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Where's the PLUS!? Pentile sucks... And only an S4 for americans. :-(
13. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
i'd take an s4 over the nvidia.. maybe even the exynos too.
48. jove39 (Posts: 1665; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
HD Pentile display is not bad...but seems Samsung is behaving like lazy!
66. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1495; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Yes, I think the pentile is the biggest dissapointment of the phone. I guess the technology is still not there to make Super Amoleds with more than 300 dpis...
78. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah like I said, I am skipping this phone & waiting to see what the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 looks like. It should be way better that the Samsung Galaxy S III.
100. Commentator (Posts: 3570; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I wish I had your patience, but I can't wait any longer. From the moment I saw "PenTile display, Qualcomm Dual-core in the US, and June release" the Evo LTE became my official next handset. Now I just hope Sprint releases it on May 18 instead of June 6... Galaxy Note 2 will blow away the rest of the competition though.
(Cool, 100th comment!)
122. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I cannot wait so going for ONE X !!
59. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
They mentioned all the rumors and some were true and some were not... but all this rumor building they created actually worked against them.
I was expecting the plus display also.
70. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Americans aren't prohibited from buying the international version. Amazon.com is easier to type than phonearena.com.
84. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
June, to be more precise
3. eDiesel (Posts: 142; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Looks like ill never excepted Leaks From BGR ever again.
False rumors set me on fire
110. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Now you know the hurt of ifans every autumn!
41. Veigald (Posts: 285; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Well, as long as Apple and Nokia can design something nice, the Asian Android manufacturers can pump out all the specs they want wrapped as something that looks like lower end fisher-price toys. I want my phone to look nice as well as functioning smoothly.
If I were going Android it'd be the Galaxy Nexus, to me that is still the only desirable Android phone.
43. HTCFreak (Posts: 155; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
The iPhone is a smartphone made for normal people, and the S3 is a superphone, made for people who want some real power in their hands. Both different categories, i think :)
49. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I think my biggest issue with this is that it doesn't scream "FLAGSHIP PHONE" to me. The Lumia 800/900 and N9, higher-end Xperias, and a few others radiate quality and exclusivity just by their looks. This looks, well, generic. Hopefully holding it changes that.
Honestly, I'd rather wait for a Note2 than get this
72. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Looks are always a matter of personal opinion.
98. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
eh not really... apple and samsung control almost all of the market, with apple taking the larger share of the profits... they know how to work the consumer aspect and hopefully tim cook will give us some amazing tech in the new iphone
5. medalaster01 (Posts: 42; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
It is not all that inovative I will skip this one
Dell streak 5
6. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
6th! (which for this post is pretty good.)
12. hunted (Posts: 403; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
yes me too, but they increased the screen size significantly & did what they promised. so be happy, it is another ground breaking device
50. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
The white one looks slightly better but i have to agree with you. I am utterly disappointed by everything, HTC one x is better than this thing.
52. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
This doesn't even seem like an upgrade. I am going to keep my GSII.
105. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Me to what a let down I've just bought the
One X ...
21. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah it looks sort of cheap. the back is really disappointing.
25. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
It's Samung's well-known design. What did you expect it to look like?
53. jove39 (Posts: 1665; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Those overly rounded edges...looks like !@#$%
58. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I think my biggest issue with this is that it doesn't scream "FLAGSHIP PHONE" to me. The Lumia 800/900 and N9, higher-end Xperias, and a few others radiate quality and exclusivity just by their looks. This looks, well, generic. Hopefully holding it changes that. I didn't notice what the body is made of anywhere, just that it has a "plasticky feel". Lots of rumors were pointing to a ceramic body shell, so if it's plastic, that is disappointing
Honestly, I'd rather wait for a Note2 than get this, if I had to buy Samsung (which I haven't personally, and feel little inclination to)
69. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I'm in the same boat... I really dislike the home button and I thought the back looked a bit awkward.
Who knows, I thought HTC One S didn't look so good. It actually look okay when I held it.
I'll be able finalize my feelings on SG3 when I see one physically... Just that the US is getting the bad side of the deal is rather disappointing.
111. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed,the design is suspect. Luckily everything besides the design is market leading
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8918; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's not saying much, but I have to agree.
10. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1064; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I like the "pebble stone" design they went with. It makes the device stand out from the other square devices that are out there. The only thing I find that could be a negative for some people is if that 12mm thickness turns out to be the real specifications of the device. I wouldn't mind it, but I know there are some people out there that prefer a thinner device. And the "natural interaction" features seem very cool. I would actually very much like the ability to say "snooze" to my alarm clock instead of reaching over and hitting everything off the night stand trying to reach it to turn it off.
17. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1064; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Nevermind, PhoneArena just changed their dimensions. They had listed it as 12 mm thick.
11. androidaddict (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
front is still okay..but the back is fugly...
14. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8918; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The design looks off, too much emphasis on cheap looking plastic. The rounded edges doesn't help anything.
And it doesn't address the device having improved radios.
29. rav405 (unregistered)
As expected only bump up on screen size, resolution and processor, nothing that surprised me like the nokia 808 pureview did, though 808 pureview runs on a single core processor, but it is made from polycarbonate same as the lumias and i would prefer the 808 pureview, having said that SGS3 is not bad phone it is good in its own way.......
18. Sarath (Posts: 19; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Only 8 MP?
Sony and HTC have released 12MP and nokia released even 42 MP.
And why to include physical buttons in android 4.0 and waste some valuable space?
44. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
For the home button, it's part of their design, much like iOS has a home button or Blackberry has the trackpad/ball. The physical buttons are indeed confusing, unless they serve any other purposes or offer enhanced usage in case of software glitches or screen malfunctions. 8MP seems surprisingly low as well, though the software enhancements are nice. Granted, megapixels aren't everything (16MP on the HTC TItan II and 41 on the Nokia 808 PureView) but they don't hurt either, especially in the era of higher-than-1080p resolution
20. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
cant lie she's a beauty....
whoever said apple should worry is stupid... that phone is too huge for people to put down the iphone for it... yes some will switch from being tired of the same ole "iOS"... BUT thats not gonna be a record breaking amount of people...
again this phone looks amazing and i'm sure the specs under the hood will satisfy lots of android users.
good job sammy...
i'll be waiting for the iphone 5 tho hehe...
61. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I hope it is a larger screen...too small to watch Netflix on...
22. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Meh.. this is a great phone, but it's more of an Samsung Galaxy S2S.
23. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3486; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Man!! it looks like it dropped down straight from Venus!!
It's sleek, slim and metallic...but not what i expected...
This is it...no more speculations! They just die one or the other way!
24. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
8mp camera 2011, 1.9mp front camera 2011. 4.8 inch 720p 2011. so whats the big deal with this phone anyways?
45. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I know hey its has all the same hardware in it as a Samsung Galaxy Note except processor .. all the rest is all software features .. witch can be released on Other Galaxys's ...
i'm a little disappointed
I really want S Voice though .
26. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
LOL, well this is a disappointment...nothing special too look at, specs are soso but i bet quad core exynos will be better than tegra 3...as far as screen goes, that is the biggest letdown of them all, pentile AMOLED...shame really, now I wait and see what LG has instored for us because well it looks like that optimus 4x HD was work in progress when they showed it...
27. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Overall, it's great. I'll still hold out on my next smartphone for the fall.
30. danny_a2005 (Posts: 127; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Ugly phone thank God I Bought the Htc One x.. It's so hot