Samsung GALAXY Note III specs: 8-core processor, 6.3 inch screen?
Samsung GALAXY Note III? Inside of the story was a little blurb about the specs for the Samsung GALAXY Note III, expected to be launched in the second half of this year. The third iteration phablet is rumored to have a 6.3 inch screen (vs. the current 5.5 inch screen) and will be powered by the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa chip. This chip, introduced at CES, has 4 high performance cores that do the heavy lifting, and four low performance cores that handle light housekeeping. However, only one set of four cores can be active at one time.
If these specs prove true, the Samsung GALAXY Note III will have a larger screen than seen on the 6.1 inch Huawei Ascend Mate and could further blur the line that separates a tablet from a smartphone.
source: KoreaTimes via UnwiredView
1. MistB posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:59 19 3
I wonder what the amount of RAM will be for the note 3 and the next iterations of the Galaxy Tablets. I reckon we'll see the 2560x1600 powering Sammy's next tablet but could we be seeing the Note 3 equipped with 3GB of RAM? 6.3 inches if done right by reducing the bezel could be a hit. I say bring it on.
2. Whateverman posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:02 16 1
I'm almost there with you, but I'm not totally sold on the 6.3 inch screen just yet. I thought the 5.5 was pushing it at first, but now it seems perfect. So Im kinda hoping they stop there. We'll see what happens.
47. wtghjjbbg posted on 16 Jan 2013, 22:50 0 16
DOESN'T MATTER SINCE THE NOTE 3 WILL USE A LAST GEN GPU. THE IPHONE WILL BEAT IT NO PROBLEM
49. Nadr1212 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 23:05 0 4
BOOO!!!! Make the Note lll 5.7 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
51. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 17 Jan 2013, 00:21 6 1
The current iphone can't touch the Galaxy Note 2. Stop fooling yourself if it wasn't for Samsung Apple iphone wouldn't be what it is today. Samsung makes all iphone main components since apple iphone existed. Don't get it twisted Samsung pisses on Apple all day long.
61. darkkjedii posted on 17 Jan 2013, 17:32 0 2
This article is about the gnote3
65. yahoo29 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 01:50 0 0
Yah, its true Samsung makes all Iphone components bit because of the patents problem , Sammy stop manufacturing and quit manufacturing iphone components.
60. dan86 posted on 17 Jan 2013, 12:02 0 0
Too much grass may give hallucinations. Galaxy Note first of all still don't have any competitor in market. iPhone won't be able to crawl when next Note will flex its 8 packs.
64. serialOC posted on 19 Jan 2013, 16:16 0 0
The iPhone doesn't beat the current Note2...
48. Dr.Phil posted on 16 Jan 2013, 23:05 1 0
Just remember this is all speculation. While this is the second time I have heard of a 6.3 inch rumor, it is still just a rumor. I do think it is possible to have a 6.3 inch screen that won't take up that much more space than the current Note II. Like others have mentioned, it will depend on the size of the bezel. Also, don't forget about Samsung's flexible screen they showcased at CES. It is possible to have a large device that can be folded down to fit in your pocket (in this case, perhaps a 6.3 inch phone could be folded in half to take up the same space as a 4 inch device).
Now onto the obvious troll, I am sure you realize that the Note does not in anyway compete with the iPhone. That is left to the Galaxy S line of devices.
52. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 17 Jan 2013, 00:29 0 0
Speculation this is not it was reported in October and posted directly from Samsung tomorrow and Samsung USA Twitter and Facebook pages. Samsung has a history of being very open to it's fans and direct customers giving you good fair warning on products in the pipeline. To blog sites such as this all can claim it to be rumor but since i have been an owner of Samsung products totalling 4 and awaiting my 5th and 6th Samsung product come June and November 2013 i am sure this is NO RUMOR it's fact. No product in 2013 will be better period.
58. Dr.Phil posted on 17 Jan 2013, 09:37 0 0
Could you post the link? I don't remember a source like Samsung USA posting such a thing. I need clarification.
62. darkkjedii posted on 17 Jan 2013, 17:33 0 0
50. maverick786us posted on 16 Jan 2013, 23:40 4 0
With 6.3 inch screen it will become a tablet, will not longer remain a phablet which will be difficult to use it as a phone
57. nicholassss posted on 17 Jan 2013, 09:02 0 0
well realisticly a bezelless phone could be up to 6.25 inches without actually surpassing the footprint of the note 2.
59. Dr.Phil posted on 17 Jan 2013, 09:38 1 1
A phablet is any device between 5.1-6.9 inches, so no it would not be considered a tablet.
32. Twisted247 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 18:55 3 0
Agreed with MistB, If done right it could be a hit. Look at the difference between the 5" LG View (Their POOR attempt at a "phablet") it is a square and looks HUGE not to mention it very hard to hold and operate. Also the stylus isn't even attached. Now look at the Note 2 which has a screen of 5.5" yet MUCH more aesthetically pleasing. Also the Stylus is built into the device and flush.
So their are proper and improper ways of executing a phablet device. Samsung seems to have the formula for it and I don't think they will disappoint on the Note3(assuming there will be a Note3 but most signs point to yes). Hopefully the physical dimensions of the Device don't go up by much, Rather the bezel and gap between the top and bottom are used more Adequately.
I have faith in Samsung tough But before I speculate further on the Gn3 I am more interested atm in the Gs4
3. 1ceTr0n posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:06 22 2
As a Note 1 and new Note 2 owner, I can fap to this while throwing money at the screen. Give it to me Samsung!
18. darac posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:50 2 0
Lol.. well just be careful if it gets too big to operate with just one hand.. you get what I mean
4. BBGrind posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:07 4 0
The really pushing it with that 6.3, very soon would need both hands to hold a phone to your ears, lol.
5. darac posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:09 2 6
There is NO WAY Samsung would get that stupid to kill the Note with such screen size.
The real Note successor will have 5.8 screen and the 6.3 version will be a niche device.
I'm willing to bet anyone on that
19. 1ceTr0n posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:51 2 1
Yeah, you buy me my Note 3 6.3" bad boy if I'm right
54. darac posted on 17 Jan 2013, 01:05 1 0
Sure, and you buy me a 5.8'' one in if I'm right
24. Droid_X_Doug posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:57 0 0
I am thinking the specs are for a 7 inch talet offering to stomp the iMini.
Maybe the product is called End of Mini?
27. joseph98 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 18:02 2 0
As a note1 and note2 user I am willing to buy a 6.3inch more than a 5.8inch screen if the bazel done right. Will take the wager in a heart beat.
38. AstronautJones posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:26 0 0
Niche device, thats what they said about the Galaxy Note 1. Now, every Android manufacturer is trying to cash in on "niche device'' phablet class.
53. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 17 Jan 2013, 00:46 0 0
Just don't bet anything of any value cause if you do you will lose it all. Specs for the Galaxy Note 3 will be 6.3 inch Full Hd 1080p screen possibly flexible, Exynos 5 Octa processor clocked at 2.0ghz, the PowerVR SGX 544Mp3 Gpu clocked at 544Mhz, , 3gbof ram, 16 meg camera, 3.0 front facing camera, 4200mAh battery, with 128gb of storage space meaning 64gb sd card and 64gb of internal storage, Android Kie lime pie 5.0. Just based on these specs alone NOTHING in 2013 will be better. Just like nothing was better than the Galaxy Note 2 in 2012. The new 4 multi Window/feature and software options on the Galaxy Note 3 is going to be so revolutionary from an technology standpoint. I am happy to be onthe inside of what people think are rumors. Samsung's line of communication to it's customers is legendary from a social media standpoint my information comes from the source nothing is better than that.
7. Just_a_boy posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:15 11 5
That stupidity of bigger and bigger screens is getting ridiculous, in the next years they will announce a 32 inch screen smartphone
34. Droid_X_Doug posted on 16 Jan 2013, 19:53 0 0
Ummm.... Sammy is already there:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sa
msung+-+46%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+Smart+-+HDTV/4837482.p?id=12185401963Smart-enabled is just needing a Skype-like app and the only thing missing is a large enough battery to drive the AC-DC inverter. 59&skuId=4837482&st=Save_Samsu ng_Smart_HDTV_102737&cp=1&lp=1
56. Just_a_boy posted on 17 Jan 2013, 05:50 0 0
I have a TV like that, but mine have a webcam for chatting and motion controls
8. blackice214 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:20 11 1
These specs are faker than an unbiased Cnet Review.
11. InspectorGadget80 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:23 2 2
The fk?! Now i may have to try & wait for the NOTE III.
39. AstronautJones posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:29 0 0
Just what I was thinking. Trying to replace my Galaxy S 3 with the Note 2, now the GSIV is suppossed to have a S Pen and this Note 3 beast is on the horizon?
Guess there will always be something better coming....
13. ajac09 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:31 0 0
6.3 with that dual quad core might be nice but I will NOT call it an 8 core. 2 sets of cores plus the GPU each set operating differently. In this came why isn't the tegra 4 called an 80 core!? But I wonder who will release the first TRUE 8 core that all operate at the same frequency. But if a note 2 is 6.3 I may have to bite. Just bought 2 note 2's at full retail may use upgrade on the note 3's. Sigh I love the note 2. my iphone 5 friends hate comparing lol
41. Bernoulli posted on 16 Jan 2013, 21:47 1 0
I promise you Apple won't be the first, and your iphone 5 friends are iDiots for getting an iDevice
14. yowanvista posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:38 0 1
That 8-Core Exynos 'Octa' thing is highly misleading, no matter what they do the kernel will recognize it as a Quad Core. It's unlikely that Sammy actually makes it a 'real 8-core' SoChttps://lwn.net/Articles/50150
Basically, there's one of two ways that big.LITTLE chips can operate.
The chip is exposed to the OS as a quad-core and whether the A7 or A15 is handling a task is based on clock frequency scaling, which the Linux kernel has been equipped to do for a while. This method has some limitations on SoCs that have more than one core per clock domain. Whether or not this is the case with the Exynos 5 Octa is unclear. This is the simplest way of supporting it, and most likely the method that will be used on shipping hardware.
2) The chip is exposed to the OS as an 8-core chip and the kernel scheduler decides what tasks go on what cores. This has some of the biggest limitations due to the scheduler in Linux treating all cores equally when this obviously isn't the case. There's been some extensive work done on a new real-time scheduler so that it can actively load balance tasks between the more powerful and less powerful cores. Since this is currently experimental code maintained outside the mainline kernel, it seems unlikely that this method will be used anytime soon. It probably will be in the future due to there ostensibly being a 10-20% performance boost associated with it on big.LITTLE chips.
28. skymitch89 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 18:08 0 0
Or maybe, with it being a Samsung made processor and a Samsung made device, that Samsung will make it so the software will be optimized to make the decision as to which set of cores to use?
25. 1ceTr0n posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:59 1 0
I'm fapping and holding my Note 2 also. What say you haters?
26. bucky posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:59 1 3
They should make a 12" screen and 47 cores with a 98 megapixel camera! Useless...
29. skymitch89 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 18:16 2 0
I could see the GS4 & Note 3 coming with the Exynos 5 Octa, but I don't think that 6.3in would be a good idea to go to. I think they should stay with 5.5in, but up the resolution to full 1080p HD and up the RAM to 4GB.
30. papss posted on 16 Jan 2013, 18:27 1 0
Geez that would be huge... I can't imagine it being bigger that the note 2.. I am intrigued by the note 2, maybe my second phone
33. nard0207 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 19:26 2 0
5 inches? The end? Sammy has other ideas.
35. JohnnyBravo posted on 16 Jan 2013, 19:58 1 0
I think for the Note series 5.5 is the sweetspot. Ive never been a fan of the Note due to its size but my buddy got one and the more Im exposed to it the more I tend to like it. Im rocking out a 4.7' screen and think that is the sweetspot for me but its so tempting to look at that big screen...
36. duwiegeneral posted on 16 Jan 2013, 19:59 0 0
am all about gesture's nt 5 plus r 6 plus inch screen size thats just too damn big the more things i can do with my screen that doesnt required an icons is what gets me excited.
37. andregabeh87 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:24 1 0
I am a Samsung Galaxy Note owner, i think the size of the Note/Note II the max acceptable size of a phablet and I can't imagine how the Note III, with a 6.3" screen, wouldn't look less bizarre than the Ascend Mate, and it can just be possible if the Samsung take off almost all the phone bezel, because the entire Galaxy Note has 6.64" of diagonal (corner to corner).
40. Jeradiah3 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:45 1 0
I like the idea, but im skeptical about it. Id have to see it in person first.