Real image of the HTC M7 appears?
So now a few days have passed and lo and behold, another image of the HTC M7 appears, looking nothing like that white poser we saw the other day. According to sources who have spent time with the real HTC M7, this is an absolutely correct representation of the phone. The latest rumored specs have the handset coming to market with a 4.7 inch screen and FHD resolution which works out to an incredible 468ppi pixel density. The quad-core processor inside the device is said to be the 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064, and the multitasker's best friend, 2GB of RAM, is also on board. Toss in 32GB of native storage and a 13MP camera is on back. Of course, Sense 5.0 is said to be included. We would be disappointed if anything less than Android 4.2 was shoehorned into the model.
We should see the HTC M7 in all of it's glory at next month's MWC in Barcelona. In the meantime, we have this new image so once again we ask, is this an image of the HTC M7? We expect a different response than what we heard last time.
source: HTCSource via AndroidGuys
1. Joshing4fun posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:15 26 7
This is the best design they could come up with? :-/
9. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:32 17 6
This is ugly, it's essentially the WP 8X with Android interface.
Beside the bezels are too thick.
38. Droid_X_Doug posted on 20 Jan 2013, 13:16 10 4
Me too. Why is HTC stepping backward with a 4.7 inch screen when the DNA has a 5 incher? (Confused)
39. 14545 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 13:23 10 1
Personally, there are many of us that want a 4.3-4.5 inch phone. 5 inches are just to big to be used with one hand comfortably, unless you are Lebron James. I don't like *having* to use my phone with two hands. And I d@mn sure don't want a stupid iphone. But that's not the crime here, it's that ugly square design.
57. jroc74 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 15:17 3 0
I agree with you. The bigger phones are getting popular...but the GS3 might be the absolute biggest size I want in a phone.
Its not called stepping backwards...its called choices. A company knows everyone wont like a bigger phone. Samsung doesnt make all their phones Note size.
71. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2013, 19:37 2 0
The size of the phone is not screen size but the overall dimensions. Xperia Z is just as big as GS3, ZL is even smaller.
81. Android4u posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:59 0 1
4.7 is not a step backwards... Oh yeah cause .3mm is so noticeable...
90. squallz506 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 07:00 0 0
.3" not .3mm
86. lallolu posted on 21 Jan 2013, 02:15 2 0
I believe 4.7 - 4.8 is enough for a phone so if HTC really use this display size and keep the screen resolution, it will be a bad a** phone and I am sure there are many like me that will queue to by it. I just hope the battery capacity is higher than they have presently in their phones.
89. PhenomFaz posted on 21 Jan 2013, 06:07 0 0
this image looks more like a msh up render of a droid dna....most likely and hopefully not the real thing
61. Nadr1212 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 16:25 0 0
I don't really care about bezels as long as a fone meets my standards
73. danny_a2005 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 19:42 0 0
Cmon that is soooo fake... FAKE
27. RiseAgainst94 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:53 6 1
How is the 8X ugly!? Have you felt that thing? The pillowy shaped soft touch back and incredibly thin design is a thing to behold. This looks more like a Sony device to me, One X is much prettier.
72. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2013, 19:39 0 3
8X looks like a toy not a serious device.
82. RiseAgainst94 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 23:52 0 0
Maybe if you get the lime green one? The 8X is a handsome device, sleek and classy.
84. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 01:52 0 0
The main thing I don't like about 8X is the screen is flat. All top phones have the screen raised which makes swiping it from the sides smooth.
And 3D look of the screen is cool too.
94. RiseAgainst94 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:22 0 0
Yeah the raised screen is a really nice thing to have.
96. kelvinhakim posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:31 0 0
i do think that HTC still trying to make a phone, not a phablet dude
24. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:50 13 0
i liked the other image that said "this is NOT the HTC M7" :(
31. zuckerboy posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:56 2 1
peter chou said that 'the worst probably passsed' .They rescue htc with that design ?
41. 14545 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 13:29 1 2
Their worst hasn't passed. Not until they start listening to their customers. The same ones that have been raising h377 on their social media sites about the lack of updates and BS carrier locked phones. Not to mention their failure in the tablet market and screwing over the overpriced jetstream customers by not giving them even one update. You keep acting like that, and don't plan on being in business for too much longer. I used to love HTC, and still do like their phones other than this hideous beast, but until they start updating their phones, and take care of their customers, then they can die for all I care.
54. htc_prep posted on 20 Jan 2013, 14:59 0 0
I agree. My first thought was been there. Had that. Seen that... And that's boring. I liked the dual grille speakers. Personally... This isn't quietly brilliant... This is loudly boring. I love HTC and their products and have had every high end iteration device they put on sprint. But this looks like the its a culmination of every device of 07-2012... boring and I won't shell out money for a device that looks the same as my old HTC.
3. ottje posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:17 15 2
is in the okay category...not giving me the wow feeling like the xperia Z did
32. FireDragon posted on 20 Jan 2013, 13:05 4 0
Sony's (and Ericsson's) designs are far ahead in market. Z is just outstanding work of details, designing and strength.
HTC with their current designer team, not doing very well.
4. MrKoles posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:20 6 2
hmmm, not bad! Only the thick bezel is a bit disappointing :/
13. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:38 9 0
it looks like they just removed the WP screen
6. AnChrome posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:26 6 2
I actually prefer the previously rumored photo. Nevertheless, it does look like one spectacular phone.
8. sudhar131998 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:30 0 0
I always wanted my phone to look somewhat ordinary but with the power and capacity of an extraordinary phone. I am glad to find a phone like this and I could not have asked anything more, this ought to keep my mouth shut for another two years from blabbering about a new phone. Well done HTC, keep up the good work!!!
But there is quite a possibility that they might change the design in order to target a huge crowd to cover their loss so i am still not satisfied until the phone is on for sale and i do hope it meets all the requirements (wireless charging, great battery and memory capacity, synaptics touch technology, wifi direct with FILE TRANSFER and 13mp always on HDR camera)for this year's flagship other than the NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor which we already know
11. InspectorGadget80 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:36 0 1
Looks nice but started to hate white phones though
14. stychill posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:39 0 0
Another site has reported that the back is just a mock up added because the actual back of the M7 wasn't known
15. imkyle posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:40 2 0
This is more plausible. The other one like someone had mentioned looked like the BB10 handset.
16. parkwaydr posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:41 1 0
Looks very 8x to me. If this is real its a bad design choice. There is no problem whatsoever building phones for both windows and android, but at least differentiate the phone designs themselves. Laziness won't help you bounce back HTC.
17. papss posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:42 0 0
Looks like a 8x and one x... It's their design style these days, love it or hate it.. I personally don't love it or hate it.. It's just okay. One thing I'm certain about is the build quality
19. TerryCrowley posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:45 4 9
You people are dumb as s**t. The Xperia Z has a bigger bezel and that's the best yall can bitch about?
28. TerryCrowley posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:53 3 11
At least my comment is constructed using correct English. Aside from the Yall anyways.
34. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2013, 13:07 7 1
Well if you're going to bi*ch about using correct English, it's "Y'all" not "Yall."
42. skaar18 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 13:37 0 0
Keeping to the subject, are we?
29. PhoneArenaUser posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:54 2 1
"You people are dumb as s**t."
Think what you are talking!
35. FireDragon posted on 20 Jan 2013, 13:09 3 1
I have this image, and Xperia Z's image open in another window, side by side. I am not seeing what you saw to make such comment.
52. Aaron_R96 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 14:34 2 2
No, I can add plenty, camera module is too far down the phone, held normally looks like your hand might cover it, god knows why they've put the home button on the right and multi-task in the middle, bezel at the top is far too high and looks cramped, it doesn't differentiate from the HTC's we saw in 2012 - nothing new aesthetically, it just looks bland..
Xperia Z design > HTC M7 design
20. andregabeh87 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:47 0 0
Ohh, it's a lot of improvement, don't looks like a super-sized iphone 5 anymore.
21. sadiqhashim posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:50 0 5
I am still waiting to see if Apple will start making android phones so that I can get my Apple Nexus with android v5.
23. Ronref95 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:50 1 0
Why did they move the home button to the right and put the multi tasking in the middle?
37. Retro-touch posted on 20 Jan 2013, 13:13 0 2
This is a hoax! Either way HTC sense sucks balls, used a friends One X for a week and really hated it and I owned a HD2 back in the day, never liked it back then either!
77. bayusuputra posted on 20 Jan 2013, 20:35 1 0
This is the first time I heard someone not liking the HD2.. Haha..
79. Retro-touch posted on 20 Jan 2013, 21:14 0 0
I was talking about the manufacturer skin Sense in all HTC phones, I made it pretty clear but oh well
93. Superpiff posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:14 0 0
What is your preference in skins or are you a stock android kind of guy
55. IHateApple posted on 20 Jan 2013, 15:01 1 0
They did this because if some questions HTC about this leak, they can say "It's not our phone. Look, the Home button is on the right.".
26. jackhammeR posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:51 0 1
this picture emerged about 2 years ago...don't get exicted
30. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 20 Jan 2013, 12:55 1 0
Both of those have been proven fake by a very trustworthy source that claims he has seen the device.