RBC: Samsung could sell 80 million Samsung Galaxy S4 units this year
Sue sees 20 million units of the Samsung Galaxy S4 by the time the current quarter ends. He also predicts that the third iteration of the Galaxy Note line will come to market in September and suggests that smartphone growth this year will be led by low-end and mid-range models. He expects sales to rise 26% this year to 860 million units and shoot up an additional 20% in 2014 to 1 billion units.
If Sue is right, 9 out of every 100 smartphones sold this year will be the Samsung Galaxy S4. He also told clients that sales of the 16GB model are strong with the 32GB model in black "mostly sold out". And the analyst sees Apple fighting back with the Apple iPhone 5, the Apple iPhone 5S and an Apple iPhone mini which is probably the low-cost model we've talked about before.
18. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
S4 only has 3-4 months before other high end phones start coming out. they wont change the sales of S4 alot but they will bring it little dont atleast. so this 80 million prediction just by first month sales is wrong
2. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 139; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
That's great news! Hope Samsung can really pull it off!
16. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Everybody loves dreaming!
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nokia fanboys the most.. lol
4. donjunior (Posts: 50; Member since: 28 May 2013)
Bec S4 is a powerful and monster device. Galaxy Brand is so popular nowadays beating the iPhone's popularity (so primitive if you compare to other Android OEMs). Galaxy is the New Era. Samsung is the new KING.
8. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Sue them Apple! This is not fair!
21. Diego! (Posts: 503; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I think FlushGordon is being sarcastic and it's making a joke. ;)
25. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
nope, I think you don't know him..
I hated his stupid comments bashing Samsung,
I understand jokes on PhoneArena I often give them a like,, but Apple fans that bash other company's ? no like for them
9. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
80 million. So who's the shee eeep now?
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
The people who went from the iPhone 4 to the 4S, or even the 5, just so they could say, "I have the new on". That won't change.
10. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
RBC capital is most likely heavily invested in Samsung, and their statements have no credibility.
12. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Lol @ FlushGordon and UrbanPhantom
13. sniperdroid (Posts: 113; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Nokia dethroned by iPhone, iPhone dethroned by Samsung, Samsung dethroned by??? If you've noticed it's a cycle, same happened with Blackberry, HTC, Motorola etc. Samsung is the king right now but they should keep their innovations coming or else they'll fall into the cycle.
23. johnriii (Posts: 221; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
nice observation, and very true. I believe samsung has learned from others mistakes, and will do everything possible to avoid them. I believe I read somewhere that samsung execs are actually talking about the design of the next samsung series? and I believe those talks are about minimizing the "plastic" of their products. if that is true, then they are listening to the masses, despite their huge sales numbers.
19. jlim33 (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 May 2013)
keep it up and undoubtedly you will reign and rule the tech world. Go Samsung!
24. PhoneCritic (Posts: 355; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Had no doubt about it. Seeing many kids in the northeast school districts now carrying S4 instead of iPhones - To them the luster has worn off because everyone got an iPhone even their Teachers,parents and grandparents who they don't want to identify with so "BAM!!" To be different they all switch to Samsung devices because its cool now to have a S3 or S4. Samsung will have it's time then it will be another manufactures time.