Purported images of “cheap” iPhone make an appearance
So we have been hearing and reading rumors of a cheap iPhone coming off the assembly line to make iOS and all the i-things we do with them more accessible.
If these images are authentic, and since they are from two different sources we think they may be, we can see what are obvious design choices for the handset, most notably, plastic. The back plate harkens back to the days of the iPhone 3G. The edges look like a rubberized plastic. On the bottom is the Lighting cable plugged in and doing its thing along with a 3.5mm headset jack and a speaker.
It is difficult to be certain, but by the dimensions of the Lightning plug and the rest of the visible form factor, we figure the device will have a 4-inch display like its uptown cousin. The rest of the specifications of course are not known, but this may well be the beginning of a semi-steady flow of information based on the amount of leakage we saw with the iPhone 5.
via: GSM Insider
Entry level iPhone Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Entry level iPhone
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Cheap glossy plastic - say it ain't so iPhans!
52. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It is clearly a ChinaPhone.. 3 months life span phone
64. Shatter (Posts: 1763; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Atleast the chinaphone would run better and do more than any iphone ever will.
13. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 68; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
I laughed at this comment for a good 7 minutes just saying it in different kinds of accents. Just hilarious. Thank you for this one. I got a great laugh.
3. quakan (Posts: 1078; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
The cheap iPhone is so cheap Apple decided not to put its logo on it...I'm calling this one a fake.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Won't be surprised to see "Tim's" logo on it.
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
.......or "Tim's" face on it.
Yeah, good ol' Tim's lovely smile on the back of the phone. Imagine what will the iPhone look like if Apple puts Tim's lovely smile on the back of the phone.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nathan I played with the LG Optimus g pro today at AT&T. Dude that phone is awesome. The interface was so smooth, and fluid. I was really impressed. Try it out when you get the chance. It had android awesomeness and iOS fluidity.
28. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So now you're confused between S4, One and G Pro? Lol.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol I know huh. To be honest kinda lol, then I'll want the note 3 and new iPhone. I don't think I'd take the LG over the other two though.
37. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Honestly, in my opinion, Android has reached a point where the OS have no issue running with the powerful insides.
What sets each apart is the features and skins or UIs each OEM brings on each new device.
41. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dude! Why do these red thumb always follow you?
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cause the haters can't get to me, so they thumb me down. That way they don't have to reveal themselves as haters. Droiddoes PhoneArenaUser gmr1 donjunior ticktockclock. Ya know the usual suspects.
55. metalpoet (unregistered)
the sky is blue! :) red hots are awesome! dont worry man the thumbs down and thumbs up stuff is sooo facebook and kinda childish at times. i mean you guys were having a great conversation about which phone to get that didnt involve bashing people.
and yes i am aware that i am not tpying correctly and im leaving out punctuation but im in a lazy mood today because im sick:(
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol hey we're all entitled to a lay day. Feel better dude.
61. metalpoet (unregistered)
Thanks man, the screwed up part is im still at work lol
38. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Wait for that HTC one phablet thing that's rumored dark haha.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If its anything like the One, it'll be awesome.
51. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I tried soooo hard to wait for the G Pro to come out, but I had to go with the Note 2. I love it, don't get me wrong, but I love LG's UI. Like you said it really does have iOS fluidity. But how was the camera, and please...NOT the low light performance! If I have to hear about low light performance one more time today, I'm gonna punch someone in the forehead! JK.
56. metalpoet (unregistered)
Eh dont worry about the joke of punching someone. I did punch a friend of mine because thats all he was talking about with his Nokia phone so I slugged him good in the arm lol
58. metalpoet (unregistered)
yeahthat sh*t was getting annoying
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The camera was very clear, and detailed, but no more than anything else.
4. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
It's so cheap the bezel is already peeling off.
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I hate to say this, but the glossy plastic on this one looks cheaper than Samsung's, and is this fake? No Apple logo....YUCK!
9. selena1000 (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
well i agree with u but nothing looks cheaper than s4 mini
19. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
No need to start a war, this one's fake.
6. rahulz (Posts: 116; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I really hope this is not an iphone
its too plasticky.....
you can make a cheap device that doesn't feel cheap when hoolding it example Lumia 520 HTC desire c etc..
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That actually looks sweet, like a throwback to the iphone 3G. Hurry up apple, WWDC. I wanna see some stuff Cook.
21. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Dark, I think this one's fake. Somebody just inserted a lightning cable into a piece of plastic to have fun, lol.
46. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5632; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
looks the same like the iphone 3g
47. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Shhhhhhhhhh... Non apple haters are conversing. Your negativity is draining, be gone.
12. alltechinside (Posts: 234; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I just wonder what is Apple's definition of a "cheap" iPhone. I don't think Apple users would buy it unless the price is around where the Nexus 4 devices are currently at.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4588; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm pretty sure that any cheap Apple phone or tablet won't be popular! Because people who loves to show off won't buy cheap device even if it has Apple logo on it! Why? Because according to this kind of Apple lovers - CHEAP IS NOT COOL!
Other people who loves technologies also won't buy it because I'm pretty sure that cheap Apple phone will be even more boring and outdated than usual iPhone. That's why I think that any cheap iPhone or iPad will be Apple fail. ;)
16. illusionmist (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Even if the devices are the real deal, they're at least both in a protective case. That's why it looks like crap.
17. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
The expensive iPhone comes with so many limitations i just hope the cheap one can make calls atleast.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I cannot wait till Monday the 10th. Me thinks apple is gonna shock, they've actually doubled down on security like Cook said, no leaks at all. I think it's gonna be big for their stock too. Should be a nice year for apple, and tech as a whole. Red thumbs galore for the Jedi in 3... 2... 1...
22. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Same here, dark. But I don't really think that an iPhone launch is on it's way, excited for the MacBook Air's Haswell upgrade though!
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 9255; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sadly no, the iPhone launch will come in fall :((((
31. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
lol, I forgot to mention the most important launch -- iOS 7!
30. roscuthiii (Posts: 1712; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"Apple took a chance by not playing ball with players like China Mobile, and iOS market share is stagnant in the two markets in Asia with the most growth potential, China and India."
Let's go PA, get your stories straightened out... are the sales stagnant in India, or are they "up 400%"???
(Stuck at work over the weekend, just being a bit nit-picky.)
32. sprockkets (Posts: 932; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Don't understand the plastic hate, and it not being "apple". Did people forget the 2nd and 3rd generation iphones were plastic? Sheesh.
50. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Plastic will be premium once again after this.
42. moronman66 (Posts: 157; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Any bets for this being just a case for the iPhone 5? Any takers?