Panasonic September 4th press conference to reveal 20 inch 4K tablet
The concept tablet will provide for a 4K OLED display at 20 inches. This means that at over 20 inches the resolution would be 3840 x 2160 which provides a pixel density of 220ppi. We first heard about the device back in January and back then we were told that the tablet ran on Windows 8 and used an Intel processor. We will find out shortly if Panasonic changed the configuration to include Android. Considering that Google's open source OS has been used by Panasonic in the past, it is a pretty good possibility, especially if the manufacturer plans on an eventual commercial release of the tablet.
source: Panasonic (translated), GforGames via SlashGear
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1983; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
that's like getting to be the size of a computer monitor.. kind of big to carry around, but i guess some people will like it.
2. Jklaz (Posts: 142; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Just grabbed my laptop monitor to make a comparison in size (its 17") 20" is actually quite large... very large really..
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9875; Member since: 14 May 2012)
20in... Yeah it'll definitely stay as a concept with that size. That's bigger than any laptop screen I know of.
4. harigrg33 (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 May 2013)
People may use it as a t.v than a laptop :D
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4196; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
So could I use it as a primary touchscreen monitor and hook it up to my current 20" monitor as a secondary? That would be great!
7. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This is going weigh a bit with a ample battery to feed it.
10. JunBringer (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Man I thought my 18 inch laptop was big.