Nokia announces upcoming updates for Lumia 920, 820 and 620 Windows Phone 8 devices
The update is not a major one, but still adds some noteworthy improvements. The Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 are getting bumped up to version 1232.5957.1308.00xx with the following new features:
- improved automatic display brightness adjustment
- fix for intermittent screen blanking during a call
- further performance and stability improvements.
The affordable 3.8-inch Nokia Lumia 620 is getting updated to version 1030.6407.1308.00xx with slightly different touch ups:
- Improved touch screen functions, including corrections in multi-touch actions
- Better voice quality with Bluetooth headsets that support echo/noise suppression
- Enhanced camera performance with corrected exposure when flash is used in bright light conditions
- Various improvements to system stability, performance, and usability
The update packs will roll out gradually over the air in the coming weeks so equip yourselves with patience as you wait for that notification to give you the green light to update.
source: Nokia Discussions via PocketNow
1. the_best (Posts: 130; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
been banging my head in the wall about the proximity sensor, these last couple of weeks!
3. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Fanboys been selling a lot of phones lately...lol
23. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Fanboys are desperate when they see others doing well. Meanwhile 5 of my friends made the switch after merely seeing me using a Windows Phone as my main phone while the other 2, one of them an Android became secondary ones.
4. AAABall (unregistered)
Hopefully, some of these updates will trickle down to HTC 8x. Between Nokia exclusives, and Verizon holding back updates, the 8x is standing still.
One of the reasons I bought a WP is that I thought the OS, and subsequent updates, would all be equal, similar to the way iOS is. I see now that this is not true. While I understand the concept of exclusive apps, and not releasing an update until it is ready, I am losing faith in my 8x, HTC, and now WP in general.
5. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Actually, These updates are not coming from Microsoft. These are updates coming from Nokia to their phones only.
Of course you'll be getting updates from Microsoft for almost two years.
10. AAABall (unregistered)
That's it, exactly. Verizon has 3 WP phones, the 8x, the 822, and the Samsung model. The 8x is supposed to be "high end." Is it, now?
26. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
That phrase could be use to advertise nokia phones...it goes like " Should've bought a Nokia".
15. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I guess u will have to wait until wp is successful
9. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So......they called the Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 620 an army.
So, what about the Lumia 720 and 520? A chief? :P
30. jsdechavez (Posts: 676; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Well, the 920 and the 8x are the generals. The the 520s, 720s, 8s are the soldiers in the field.
12. Resqflyr (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
I downloaded 1314 yesterday. Anybody else or am I late?
16. WarJay (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
I updated my 920 to the 1308 version about a week ago. It worked fine. Yesterday, a newer version became available. I downloaded it and it turned out to be version 1314. It did make my 920 much faster, and even more stable. I love the phone.
19. Resqflyr (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
1314 also added the much anticipated "Storage Check". Now able to clear temp files from memory!
I'm diggin it!
I thought I made a mistake selling my Note II for this. Best decision I have made.
25. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 208; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
When are they bringing FM radio to Windows Phones? Should not be much of a technical issue. They had it in Win 7.8, but removed it in WP8. I wonder why?
28. Resqflyr (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Not sure about the FM radio. I hope they add a more customizable music player. Or someone will develop a third party app.
I am missing my power amp!
29. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I can honestly say the pics after this update are amazing! And what's the deal with FM radio? Someone explain. Hey fanboys, come thumb me down since you f..s have nothing better to do.