Next Google Play services update will allow Verify Apps to monitor for malware in the background
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3296; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
About time they implemented something like this.
3. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 199; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Very nice inflammatory comment, a nice fast ball over the middle of the plate.
9. Shatter (Posts: 1983; Member since: 29 May 2013)
People who get viruses are pirates and people who use 3rd party app stores.
12. lyndon420 (Posts: 1708; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Not always bud...next time you download for example a flashlight app from the play store, check the permissions first. It's amazing that so many flashlight apps want full access to the internet and access to your contacts and storage. Always ALWAYS remember to check the permissions an app wants before installing it no matter where you downloaded it from.
4. AfterShock (Posts: 2534; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Not like when the curator of a closed walled garden themselves leave WiFi gate open themselves.
Your best security, is obscurity, and that is fleeting at best.
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 1708; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I agree. (I must say...I'm not used to agreeing with your comments Mxyz, but I firmly believe in giving credit where its due)
5. D79_D79_ (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
What is so hard for google to have a scanning system for when the malicious apps gets uploaded to google play and if found the system refuses the malicious app to be added to google play then google play will be 99.99% safe
6. AfterShock (Posts: 2534; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This one, is watching for bad crap you may have side loaded as well.
Above an beyond other Eco systems care for end user.
7. xfire99 (Posts: 436; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Google have been doing it for ages with Bouncer. This is for peopels that download apk from web and sideload it on devices.
10. boosook (Posts: 929; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
They're already doing it, and most people who get viruses are sideloading apps or using less reliable stores.
11. LoveHater (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
Background checking,, hmm, android goona hang more than