New wireless carrier premiering in the States Sept 26th?
If you have some interesting info that you'd like to share with us, feel free to Tip Us!
1. A93 (unregistered)
25. bigdawg23 (Posts: 391; Member since: 25 May 2011)
29. TtotheS (unregistered)
I absolutely agree. Great catch BTW. The timing of both is the same.
2. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Well, the logo is nice, i think im gonna join that carrier just because of the logo...
17. wolfordtw (Posts: 16; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Yeah that makes two of us.....I also like that I've heard absolutely nothing about them
6. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Cingular bought ATT I dont think thay are coming out again. I guess you can say they are AT&T.
8. joseg81 (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i think u mean at&t bought cingular. also last time i checked it was and still is at&t.
10. wumberpeb (Posts: 445; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Cingular bought AT&T and kept the more popular name
19. roldefol (Posts: 3184; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Stephen Colbert did a brilliant bit about the Cingular/ATT merger. Essentially, 30 years ago AT&T was split into 7 different regional carriers, and by 2007 they were all merged into Verizon and at&t.
4. dacastrator (unregistered)
Oh, that's the new carrier named CRAP.
5. remixfa (Posts: 14191; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
make it a GSM carrier thats compatable with ATT, Tmo, and international GSM signals so we can get those great unlocked phones from outside the US... and $30 a month unlimited plans! with real national coverage and LTE/HSPA+!!
ok.. i guess im dreaming.. lol
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I hate that I cant get any US phone because of compatibility with 3G.......
13. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
If only. That way we can get the Galaxy S3 in EARLY 2012 as opposed to LATE 2012.
16. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
a GSM carrier with no BLOATWARE. or maybe minimal. FTW.
9. Gcombs (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
I wonder if it's going to be a smaller regional carrier?
11. wumberpeb (Posts: 445; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
I've always been curious what the rough startup costs would be to start brand new post-paid carrier...without just signing roaming agreements for your entire network. However, the more I think about it, the less likely it seems that you could ever finance that without agreements...so Nevermind, answered my own question
14. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 399; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I hope it's nationwide! :D So sick of the current big (soon to be 3).
15. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 863; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Tell me it uses AT&T's frequencies at half the price and I'm in.
20. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
This will make the ATT, Tmobile deal go through. Check it out one business goes out and another one comes in. That's competition.
23. jagan (unregistered)
thats on my birthday
24. s (unregistered)
Just give me cheap gsm plans and I m in
26. bklynycmat (unregistered)
Looks like it's gonna be Cellular South.
27. thatjackal (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I'm waiting for it to be an AT&T front company. Showing "competition" so the T-Mo merger goes through, lol
30. jobi (unregistered)
Ok, I got some information regarding this company, recently most of the cricket corp stores in the chicago land area are turned over to a company from the south, and its called PW. All the corp stores that are taken over by PW will be turned into PW Corp Stores start of Oct 2nd or 4th.
so just heads up