New iPad mini mockups add metallic flesh to rumors
Both mockups show how the tablet is expected to be very thin, with the new, smaller dock connector. The last set of pictures also includes a SIM-card slot and an antenna spot at the top of the device.
Alongside is an iPhone for the sake of size comparison. How do you like what you see, are you looking forward to getting the iPad mini?
iPad mini new mockups Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2012, 09:39 19 15
N7 is way better, especially for gaming, I don't think iPad mini has a powerful CPU and graphics as N7. And N7 is much affordable too.
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 10:37 10 5
"How do you know?"
He doesn't say that he knows, he says that he THINKS that iPad Mini doesn't have a....
21. AppleIsBest posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:33 4 15
all i kno iz that apple is the best in evrything they do and they beat evreythiing else in all they do cuz its so amazing they invented even the smartphone wihch got ccopied and stuff
22. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:36 9 4
Sorry, I don't understand what you say.
23. AppleIsBest posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:37 3 14
YOu just dontt undestand your one of thpose people that jsut doesnt get it. Apple knoes what we want and does it its perfect, get it?
24. CellularNinja posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:40 8 3
Wow, thanks for your input... You're really making a lot of sense here.
25. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:51 9 2
No, I still don't understand what you say. :(
49. AppleIsBest posted on 03 Sep 2012, 18:45 1 2
You're probly one of those android guys that sez that Android isbetter cuz it ccan do more. But iPhone is Apple so i'ts better.
50. The_Godfather posted on 03 Sep 2012, 19:59 0 1
Come out from your Apple world mate. It is going to be over very soon....!!
A Windows, Linux, Windows 8, Web OS, RIM, Android fan boy.
55. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Sep 2012, 05:53 1 0
Don't understand what you say.
53. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2012, 21:34 0 1
I don't know, but I can predict. Apple can use specs similar to N7 for iPad mini but then the price will be sky high. I guess Apple will use their "look and feel" things to lure people away from N7 while saving on the silicon stuffs.
Either way Apple will lose b-c iPad mini can never match the overall value of N7.
12. TheLibertine posted on 03 Sep 2012, 10:15 5 9
Would be very much possible, with the larger screen and A5 already having significantly more graphics performance than Tegra 3. (That is a fact.)
19. techspace posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:31 2 5
yes, thats right, if the ipod touch can run all the iphone apps and games in the app store, even the huge games like gta, urban crime and all the other powerful console games, then the ipad mini can also run all the apps
the biggest difference is that the ipad mini won't have 3g or lte
im really excited about the ipad mini, it would run all the hundreds of thousands of ipad apps and will be updated for years
ipad and iphone have always been the best for apps and games, but the problem is that those are expensive, so i used to get the ipod touch instead of the iphone,now the ipad is also getting inexpensive which is really good.......
32. TylerGrunter posted on 03 Sep 2012, 12:43 5 1
Yes and No.
The A5 has some better perfomance than the Tegra 3, that much is true. But the iPad mini has the (suppossed) bigger screen. So you´ll have one of the two:
1) iPad mini will have a small dpi, not even close to retina and much worse than the N7
2) iPad mini will have a good resolution (over the suppossed 1024x768) but then even if the GPU is a bit stronger the overall performance will suffer.
That´s assuming they use the A5 with the same clock speeds that the iPad 2
And of course you as always forget that the Tegra 3 may be a little bit lower in GPU but it´s significantly stronger in CPU, nearly doubling the one of the A5. But you always forget these details when they suit your Apple defence...
And those are also facts!
38. TheLibertine posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:01 2 3
It nearly doubles in CPU and does get nearly less than half done in GPU.- evenly matched, but what matters is the real life performance, doesnt it? And I never said "A5 >>> Tegra 3", only about the graphics, so why get offensive again?
Let us see how Apple handles it, but they are barely gonna use something less powerful in graphics than the A5 or at least the Tegra 3 cause they like to show off with the graphics performance.
43. TylerGrunter posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:45 1 2
I guess I get so heated because in evey post you put you claim to put "facts" and "the Truth", but the issue is that you tend to put HALF of it (the half that favours Apple all the time), and I always feel compelled to put the other half to have a more complete picture.
Example: no, the Tegra 3 is not less than half as powerful as the A5 in GPU, is around 70 to 80% (depends on the model) as powerful. But still you just "assumed" it is a lot less powerful than it is and stated in your comment as if it was just the truth.
In your comment you made it sound as if the Tegra 3 were around half as powerful as it is in reallity (less than half = 40%?)...
18. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:25 2 7
Wth did I just read? You think the N7 is better, especially for gaming based upon? Wishful thinking?
Because at this point there are NO specs, prices or anything on the iPad Mini. So you are judging this product based on..... what? That mock-up of its design?
I'm not sure whats more ridiculous. The fact you wrote that or the fact 9 people 'liked' it. I guess 9 people own a Nexus 7?
28. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 12:05 5 3
"Wth did I just read?"
You just have read an assumption.
"Because at this point there are NO specs, prices or anything on the iPad Mini."
Exactly! And that's mean that you also can't be sure that iPad Mini will be better than Nexus 7.
40. TheLibertine posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:27 3 4
*Sigh* JessJess never called it better...
41. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:33 3 1
And I didn't have said that JessJess called it better, I just have said that you can't be sure that iPad Mini will be better. ;)
42. TheLibertine posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:44 1 2
47. downphoenix posted on 03 Sep 2012, 14:51 3 1
actually the best platform for gaming is the one that has the best games, not the best hardware. That's why the PS2, PS1, SNES, NES, Atari 2600 were the best sellers of their respective console generations, because they had the best games. None of them were the most powerful systems of their generation, but they had the best games of their generation.
The PS2 was overpowered by the Gamecube and Xbox, the PS1 was overpowered by the N64, the SNES was overpowered by the Sega 32X, 3D0, and Jaguar, the NES was overpowered by the Sega Master System, and the Atari 2600 was overpowered by the Colecovision and Intellivision. But they didnt need the power, because they had the developers that made good games and made them plentiful.
And unfortunately, as far as mobile tablet and phone gaming, Apple is ahead of Google by a long shot, due to stronger developer support, which means a stronger base of games. Phonearena demonstrated this with their recent article for best games of August, and all of them are on Iphone, most on Ipad, only 2 of them on Android.
14. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 10:39 3 2
"That was a pretty pointless thing to say."
Maybe for you it is pointless and maybe for him it is not pointless.
29. hobble posted on 03 Sep 2012, 12:25 0 3
You should change your name to captian obvious.
31. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 12:34 3 0
Sorry, but I don't know what is "captian" also I'm fine with my current user name. :)
33. bucky posted on 03 Sep 2012, 12:53 3 3
You spend more time commenting on apple articles than android. I sense some sort of insecurity or trolling
39. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:07 1 1
"You spend more time commenting on apple articles than android."
Sorry, but I don't make any statistics related on what articles I comment the most also I don't think that I'm commenting more on Apple articles than on Android and even if I was, does that forbidden or what? I don't think so!
"I sense some sort of insecurity or trolling"
I don't understand how it can be related with insecurity or something like that also I don's see how commenting on Apple articles can be automatically a trolling?
Talking about current article, did I have said something against Apple or something pro Android?
44. bucky posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:45 1 2
Haters are generally insecure. Same with the loudest ones. You going out of your way hating on something you claim to not be interested in (as very evident on your past comments) supports that.
46. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Sep 2012, 14:48 0 0
"You going out of your way hating on something you claim to not be interested in."
Where I claim that I'm not interested?
48. bucky posted on 03 Sep 2012, 16:18 0 1
No response but to play stupid...
10. Droid_X_Doug posted on 03 Sep 2012, 10:09 6 7
Yup. They should have called it the iPod Touch XL.
16. TheLibertine posted on 03 Sep 2012, 10:55 4 7
Every Tablet is a bigger Media player - be it iOS or Android, tablets, smartphones and media players do the same things on a bigger screen. (With exception of 3G/4G functionality on phones and some tablets.)
So where is the point? The design? Apple uses a single design philosophy on each of its devices. You can like all your devices to match or call it boring - its a matter of opinion.
20. GoBears posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:32 2 3
Wow...graze on cupertino's grass much do ya?
30. TheLibertine posted on 03 Sep 2012, 12:33 2 5
Wow... You really don't give much about discussions without personal insults, do ya?
37. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:00 3 4
Insults are the last refuge of the out-argued.
34. bucky posted on 03 Sep 2012, 12:57 3 5
Might look the same but at least the apps are designed for it. Much more than you can say for android unfortunately. I had the transformer prime which had excellent hw but i see no point in owning and android tablet until devs start designing stuff for it. I guess they're too busy using all of their resources trying to keep up with all of the different CPU, gpu, screen sizes and resolutions in android phones alone.
36. bucky posted on 03 Sep 2012, 13:00 3 3
We're you one those guys that made fun of the iPad at the beginning asking " what use is there for it?" remember who created this market. Oh, and don't tell me how there was some sort of tablet nobody ever heard of before the iPad.
45. Droid_X_Doug posted on 03 Sep 2012, 14:30 0 0
Meh. Based on published specs for the Note II vs. what has leaked for the iPod Touch XL, I would say the Note II has better specs. Sammy kind of biffed it by not releasing the Note II for VZW, though. Surprising considering how well they handled the release of the GS III.
4. Obdabeast posted on 03 Sep 2012, 09:43 4 2
now who's just trying to keep up with the times..
5. Cyan3boN posted on 03 Sep 2012, 09:45 3 2
OH, look at those uneven bezels. now thats a truly enlarged iphone 4s. seems like jonathan ive got lost
6. bobfreking55 posted on 03 Sep 2012, 09:48 5 4
doesn't look mini enough for me. 4:3 still makes it large.
Apple, just stay away from the 7" market. it's not for you. Google and Samsung owns the 7" size and making it 7.85 won't change anything. they will sue you.
7. redsox420 posted on 03 Sep 2012, 09:50 7 3
Sammy should ban this.. TOo much like the 7.7 and 7 inch tabs.. I can't tell them apart. What a dumb consumer I am.. Oh wait. No I am smart enough to NEVER buy another apple product.
What a joke.. More money to feed the pig.. Greed Greed and lack of innovation. Yawn, Snore.
15. TechBoy posted on 03 Sep 2012, 10:44 4 4
Apple needs more creativity in there products. Only good think i liked was Siri
17. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:21 1 5
Shut up and take my money.
26. techguy22 posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:52 4 3
it will NOT have a good screen, or a good processor and certainly will NOT cost you 199. N7>KF2>(wanna be IPad mini)
27. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2012, 11:58 2 6
Cool story bro.
51. jjackielz posted on 03 Sep 2012, 20:43 0 0
IPAD 2 specs = ipad mini ... ZZZzzzZzzz
52. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 03 Sep 2012, 21:26 0 0
this just make the iPad look cheap!