New Android-based Nokia X2 in the making?
That’s pretty much all the info there is about the X2 at the moment. We have to note that, several years ago, Nokia released a series of cheap candybar phones called X2, X2-01, X2-02, and X2-05 - so we’re not really sure that the new Nokia X will also be called X2. But we’ll see.
Nokia’s Devices and Services unit now belongs to Microsoft (as of last month), so it’s the Redmond company that will actually launch this alleged next-gen Nokia X. Of course, that’s assuming that the handset is indeed real.
source: Baidu (translated) via MyNokiaBlog
1. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Epic fail again
These speced phone should be on NokiaX
Not cheap low budget scrap Cpu Gpu
39. funtikar (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Even so , its still a crappy cpu and gpu for it... They had a better cpu gpu for the lumia 520
2. Sauce (unregistered)
Just run all future Nokia phones on Android.
Save the world a headache, and some cash.
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You can also do that... By not commenting on PA!
13. Sauce (unregistered)
14. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Have you visited that site first before sending me the link? I think it'll be more useful to you.
30. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I like that Sauce
+1 for being cool like me
4. gigaraga (Posts: 1429; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
It was bad, it is bad and it will be forever bad (Nokia..especially on Android)..even those its a low end market, its VERY low end...I'd rather get a 2010 flagship which has better performance than the X series...
5. fzacek (Posts: 2467; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Moto E will most likely still be a much better value...
27. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1478; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
but Nokia'sbrand image will sell this
28. fzacek (Posts: 2467; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Meh... Motorola gas a pretty good brand image and is known for great build quality and products. Nokia is now owned by Microsoft anyway...
32. sgodsell (Posts: 2369; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Nokia's brand and image is not know as an Android brand. Now its known as a WP and Microsoft brand.
6. aniladitya (Posts: 8; Member since: 20 May 2014)
they are doing good.. Come on guys nokia x was their first Android.. hopefully this time,, x2 will be optimised for great performance
7. NotAGeek (Posts: 265; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
They should do the pricing right.In my country the nokia x costs about 140$ while i can get a "real" chinese android phone from my carrier for less than 80$ with the same specs.Come on MS you can do it better
8. aniladitya (Posts: 8; Member since: 20 May 2014)
oh man... don't talk about Chinese products.. they kill themselves or they will kill u.. one of my friends "Chinese" phone blasted while playing game.. thank god he is good now..
9. azzak (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 May 2014)
there will be more better cheap phone than this X2 by 2015..
10. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1349; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks you are not looking at the Big Picture Microsoft now owns and is responsible for the Nokia X phones. Most people knew That The X phones needed a better CPU and more Ram. Good old Microsoft let their People improve it which means they are supporting it.
Look for an update to be made to the Nokia/ Microsoft "X" phones operating system so that it will allow the X phones to access and USE Google play store apps so People will not have to root the Nokia/Microsoft X phones to get Google play store apps. Folks Microsoft is now making and selling smart phones and like it's OEM's is making Windows 8.1 Lumia smart phones and their forked Android smart phones to make money off the Android devotees. Look for an American version Of the Nokia XL cheap Android smart phone to go on sale before Christ. Hoo Hoo Hoo Santa is bringing better "X" to sell in the USA. Merry Christmas
33. sgodsell (Posts: 2369; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
The problem is good old Microsoft is only thinking of profits only. They do not care about the normal Android experience which normally includes Google's vast ecosystem. Instead the Nokia X only gives you Microsoft apps and services only. Before you go on and say that you can root the device and sideload apps. The majority of the population don't do that. Also if you are going to take the time to root and sideload apps on a device. Then why would you even bother on a low specification device to begin with.
11. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1349; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
If microsoft updates their forked Android OS to access and use Google play store apps
like I think they will the Nokia/Microsoft X phones with the upgraded CPU and more Ram will sell like Hotcakes. MS CEO Nadella is no Dummy. He knows Microsoft can make a
profit selling the X phones if they are made right. there are too many Android Customers for Microsoft to get to give up NOW!
34. sgodsell (Posts: 2369; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Microsoft would have to pay Google if they included Googles apps and services on their hardware. Do you honestly think Microsoft is going to pay Google? Personally I would love to see that happen.
15. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
MS should scrap of this Nokia X project, and work on more lower end Lumias as WP is way better than the crap those run.
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Is that why Wp8.1 received few specs from androids features that Wp users were dieing for
Well MS decided to use Android cause Wp has no apps and games just like BB
Android Kitkat. Has 3times more features than Wp
Everyone is complaining it has no dropdown notification but it's using ugly bathroom tiles
29. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Hey akki still visiting Gsmarena
36. akki20892 (Posts: 3795; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Yesss.....same profile pic. Name: Nokia Rox
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Troll much...:-( indirectly like a coward.
21. rocksy (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Hey Phonearena .
Just few day ago bgr india report that microsoft working on Next Generation Nokia X Phones.
So much complain from indian users and others,
Microsoft finally add Dedicated Home botton in Next generation X phones.
NEW LEAKS FROM CHINA CONIFRM THAT-
cheack this leaked Pic of NOKIA X2
(1)Dedicated Microsoft home botton.
update your artical
22. rocksy (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Nokia X(upcoming X2) finally gets dedicated home botton and Front camera.
24. rocksy (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Phonearena pls provide full news..not half baked news like this.
31. refillable (Posts: 832; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Meh. TL;DR. Show me what Nokia 2016 can do?