Mid-range Sony "HuaShan" tipped for 2013
With the Sony Yuga and Odin having model numbers of C660x and C650x respectively, the HuaShan appears to be a mid-range device based on its lower model number. That thought seems to be confirmed by the 5MP camera on the back of the model, which was responsible for the photo on Picasa. All three models are expected to launch first in Asia followed by a European release and then possibly a release in the U.S.
source: Picasa, XperiaBlog via AndroidAuthority
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3656; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I wonder how powerful mid-range handsets in 2013 will be. 2012 mid-range was 1.2+ GHz dual core S4 with 1 GB RAM with 4-4.3" qHD display (using HTC One S and Droid Incredible 4G as references).
2. blingblingthing (Posts: 383; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
That may well also be the next iPhone specs.
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
specs yes , but ios will remain the same lol
12. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL very good question.
I think this year top phones will be next year mid range phone
3. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
am i the only one that thinks sony needs to stop with all these mid range models if they want to keep competing in the mobile world
4. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yep lol, nah what sony needs is to put more into marketing and advertising. there just a blip on the radar for most of the general public.
they should start shoving there phones into the public concious
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
same goes with htc bro...........MORE ADVERTISING! plain and simple
8. Birds (Posts: 927; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
There new campaign for the Droid DNA (Although its by verizon) had me nergasming and compelled to buy it...then I realized that I'm not on verizon...and don't have any money...and am too young to get a postpaid cellphone....and am easily compelled by sexy objects....and hate my life...
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
Sony and HTC are on the right track
Sony had the 007 campaign, HTC signed with UEFA. I think we will see more from them next year.
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
thing is with sony's campaigns they last for a month or so then gone....nothing and people forget all about them once the 007 hype is gone
they need more, there phones can be up there with samsungs top lot but they fail at advertising in a way that clicks with people. samsung have got that covered at the moment.
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
true HTC need to do the same thing, havent seen one HTC advert on the tv here in months....actually could be more then 6 months
the droid dna doesnt mean a thing to people round here (general public not tech guys) you ask if they have seen it and they just look at you and ask what is it
17. blingblingthing (Posts: 383; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
They need ads so people know Sony's products are hi end and synonymous with quality and cutting edge. Just like Samsung does with their anti apple ads. So people know about the galaxy and when they ask question, us tech guys can give it a thumbs up.
9. pyradark (Posts: 710; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
actually these mid range phone help sony to be on 3rd spot. and its a selling phone for people who like budget phone
7. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Hope this mid-range phone has jelly bean out of the box and a front camera..
10. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
dual-core 1.7 S4 snapdragon
Running Jelly Bean 4.1.1
15. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I think camera of this phone will be more than 5mp, because they don't put full resolution images on picassa from unreleased models.......
16. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1340; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
LOL the name is so ugly like sort of a chinese name "HuaShan"
18. Droiddoes (unregistered)
599 US DOORRRRUUU?!?!?
19. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
What's next... the Yellow River?