LG tells consumers "There's life beyond the Galaxy"
But LG has matured over the years, and its Android flavored LG G2 was selected as one of the Best Smartphones of 2013. The LG G3 is a strong candidate for the list again this year, as it is the first handset offered in the U.S. to carry a 1440 x 2560 QHD display.
LG's success means that it must go up in the U.S. against Samsung's Android flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S5. To promote its handset, LG put together a 15 second video. The header that LG placed on its YouTube page reads "There's life beyond the Galaxy," while an image of the LG G3 shows the galaxy on its display. No doubt who LG is targeting, is there?
So many amazing things have happened since the Incite touched down at AT&T in November 2008. Still, one thing hasn't changed. Manufacturers remain willing to target their rivals in commercials. Samsung does it to Apple and LG does it to Samsung. And the world continues to spin.
LG says that there is life beyond the Galaxy
Thanks for the tip!
source: LG via AndroidHeadlines
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4000; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow LG is stepping up to Samsung. I really like this. LG is on a roll, this I have to admit!
3. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 61; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Its great cause now LG have great phones and Samsung will have to respond with better. I hope the Note 4 can deliver!
16. Vexify (Posts: 548; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Or down to Samsungs level. Both need to make fun of other competitors to sell their phones.
20. av911 (Posts: 134; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
"Both need to make fun of other competitors to sell their phones."
What's wrong with that? Is it hurting your sensitive feelings?
28. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 739; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
You mean like Apple dissed the Windows computer? And still disses Android at their keynotes. Like Pepsi dissed Coca cola and vice versa. Microsoft disses Apple and Samsung at the same time... They all do it, get over it.
35. Vexify (Posts: 548; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
I said phones. As in smart phones. As in LG G3, Z2, iPhone 5s, Note, Lumia, etc. Phones. Also, this is Phone Arena. Thats besides the point. Go back and re read my comment. Samsung does this on a daily basis, because thats all they have for marketing. Any other strategy and their sales in the Galaxy S and Note series would plummet. Take a chill pill. Once in a while its fine. Its business. Every day? Lol.
39. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 739; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I'm chill :) Thanks for explaining what smartphones are though ;) And no Samsung doesnt do this on a daily basis, they even have commercials that arent about the competition, shocker hey...
42. TheGenius (Posts: 326; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Nope. This is bad marketing.
They should have come up with something more clever.!
Now samsung can respond with 'beyond galaxy are aliens .. and no .. we do not serve them. The new galaxy s5 is designed for humans! '
Its easy for samsung to pick on lg now.!
30. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 834; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
With "There's life beyond the Galaxy"????
Well it sounds logical to have life there too, but it's not proven yet. Right?
5. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
An alien invasion would be cool :)
21. hurrycanger (Posts: 1092; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Watch out for the Decepticons.
Good thing though, LG sides with Optimus.
6. galanoth (Posts: 318; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
The G3 is an amazing phone but the guys at Android Police say the screen and battery life aren't very good compared to other flagships.
I trust their in depth reviews.
29. oborawatabinost (Posts: 29; Member since: 18 May 2014)
Battery life suffers compared to other phones. But from personal experience owning the phone the screen is the best I have seen. And the battery lasts me through the day with my Bluetooth Ed headphones connected all day with maybe 2 hours of actual playback. Significantly less leftover compared to there's but still good enough.
7. wilsong17 (Posts: 883; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
I laugh so hard is that why they are copying Samsung on almost everything
10. bucky (Posts: 1390; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Apple fan aside, Samsung is pretty brutal with that themselves.
41. hurrycanger (Posts: 1092; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
After reading your comment, I suddenly remember about the rounded-corner rectangle shape. :v
8. wilsong17 (Posts: 883; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Tell me again why I should switch my galaxy note 3 for a LG
22. hurrycanger (Posts: 1092; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
if you hate Samsung.
That's the #1 reason.
32. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 834; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
And why should I hate Samsung?
Because they are not US company? Or because the apple propaganda want me to?
38. hurrycanger (Posts: 1092; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
No. I said "if".
The Note 3 is still one of the best phones out there, and that's probably what he thinks when he asks such question. So, the only reason I think he should switch to an LG is if he hates Samsung.
Now, about why you should hate Samsung. I don't really know, cuz I don't hate Samsung. xD
9. AnukulVcool (Posts: 123; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
Living on earth itself is a pain in arse and these lame throwers call for life beyond galaxy....duh , so lame
11. Locutus (unregistered)
12. wilsong17 (Posts: 883; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
What is window is that like a door or something
13. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1282; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Window is more known than a galaxy.
25. wilsong17 (Posts: 883; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Really with that 4 percent market share yeah they are really known
17. hardyt813 (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Aug 2014)
Why is every carrier out there always Promoting just samsung not the other phones
What if some one want a simple phone like a WP or a iPhone
I remember when carriers actually care about the Consumer now it about just selling you the highest phone
18. NIghtbaron (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
whenever I see John v
I am like
36. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And he wears a funky shirt and a tie.
23. D.Lamore (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Galaxy phone is the true king of smart phones . its just alpha , wait for the others
24. cezarmed2 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
They are more elegant than samsung,i'll give them that.
33. BobbyDigital (Posts: 253; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Good to see LG stepping up to the marketing plate. They need to go harder though.
37. JMartin22 (limited) (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
We can acknowledge that LG is using catchy antics to word it's marketing jargon, but those of us who know should acknowledge them for the facts.
High-end, poorly calibrated experience. But it's alright, a competitor a competitor.
40. strangeprotocol (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Lg is not even in the league. The samsung note 3 of last year year is still by miles better than lg g3 , optimus g pro 2. People will debate on this but its a fact Samsung sells.more than the total combined sales all other android device manufacturers. I dont think its because of just marketing as Samsung advts are lame to the core. The only device Samsung screwed up was galaxy s4 exynos variant which was laggy to the core. S5 seems to be bad too but note series has been by far the best device I have come across too.