Huge Google+ update is due today: lockscreen widgets, GIFs and Google Now integration
How big is the update? Big enough to have Google Plus head Vic Gundotra so excited as to not sleep the whole night. The update will bring Google+ to version 3.3 on Android, and the update is expected later on today, just a day after Facebook brought its new, now native app for Android (coincidence?).
But let’s quickly go through the biggest new features of Google+ that you’d get later on today:
- New photo capabilities - now with Instant Upload you can back up as much as 5GB of your images. Photo Sphere panoramas are also now viewable on devices running Android 2.2 (and later).
- Events and communities - the mobile Google+ application now supports communities. You can also send out messages to individual guests for events.
- Hangouts - now you only need a 150KB connection to start a hangout! Great news as you might be able to start a hangout even after you run out of your data allowance, on throttled speeds.
- General tweaks - you can now quickly edit your profile, get a gentle notice for new posts and animated emoticons.
Hit the source link for all the tiny little details, and stay tuned - the update should be out on Google Play in mere hours!
source: Google via Android Central
Google+ new features Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Some Android tips and tricks you should know
06 Jun 2013, 06:49
New iOS 7 design leaks ahead of WWDC, depicting big changes in iconography
10 Jun 2013, 04:15
Images of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 leak
09 Jun 2013, 17:00
1. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 14 Dec 2012, 09:47 0
Google+ = remote area near montana..
Twitter = Las Vegas
Facebook = middle east or somalia
if you know what i mean
5. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 14 Dec 2012, 11:03 1
Google+ is like a ghost town
7. soshi posted on 14 Dec 2012, 19:37 0
sorry for disappointing you, but it now growing faster what facebook ever achieved
9. g2a5b0e posted on 15 Dec 2012, 00:43 0
No, I don't know what you mean & I don't think anyone else does either.
3. AWiseGuy posted on 14 Dec 2012, 10:07 0
The ability to view Photosphere images from the app is something I've been dying to see. Now I can show my friends what a Photosphere is without having to fire up a computer. Awesome, I'm happy to see that!
6. Stuntman posted on 14 Dec 2012, 15:42 0
Glad they added Communities to the new G+ app. Pretty quick considering Communities was a new G+ feature that was added last week.
I'm disappointed in the widget. I liked the old widget a lot better.
8. soshi posted on 14 Dec 2012, 19:39 0
I've been waiting this for days. communities is the most serious social media feature and without it the google+ mobile seems like the other facebook+ Twitter