How to easily organize a get-together with the iPhone
Not exactly a terrific experience, eh? Thankfully, your iPhone has a great built-in tool to ease the whole process, and it's called Conference Call. Yeah, it turns out the feature is just as effective when it comes to organizing a get-together, as it is for making business discussions with your colleagues. So here's the idea: Instead of calling every single person one by one, and then potentially giving a second call to some of them, why don't you simply use a conference call to talk to all of them simultaneously! Here's how it works:
2. Once the call is initiated, there will be an "Add call" button on the screen. Say "Hold on for a second!" to your buddy, and tap the "Add call" key. This is when the iPhone will let you choose a new number to dial, putting the first call on hold. You can add up to 5 people to the call if you are using a GSM iPhone, and up to 2 people if you're using a CDMA iPhone.
3. One you've added your callers, there well be a button on the screen saying "Merge calls". Tap this and all of the calls will be magically merged into one.
4. That's it! All that's left to do now is to discuss with everyone and decide where and when you want to meet, then end the call, and feel like the smart person that you are!
1. kamen posted on 20 Apr 2012, 04:32 5 3
PA.com, WTF? Are you an online user guide? Get a grip and do not write such junk any more, please!
6. kamen posted on 20 Apr 2012, 10:38 2 2
Uhm, sorry - I didn't know that the name means "iPhone addict" :) Otherwise I would have skipped the article.
7. PhoneArenaUser posted on 20 Apr 2012, 13:19 1 1
Now you know. :)
2. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid posted on 20 Apr 2012, 04:49 7 3
Oh Ray S, you can't control your love for the iPhone, can you?
3. iamcc posted on 20 Apr 2012, 07:22 7 0
Could've just changed the article to "how to easily organize a get together with your smartphone" considering Android does this also...
5. cellphonator posted on 20 Apr 2012, 08:48 5 0
iRay strikes again lol.
Let's put it this way, Ray is just trying to switch everybody's attention from the Samsung SIII event, he's trying to say "hey look the iPhone has apps and can take pictures too".
He's just worried about everybody's health, too much stress, too much hype, take it easy guys.
Thanks Ray that was thoughtful lol.
8. networkdood posted on 20 Apr 2012, 14:25 3 0
Seriously?? This is an article? LOL, it seems P.A. is making fun of the average iphone user's intelligence...
11. Ray.S posted on 22 Apr 2012, 09:54 2 0
It's not really an article. It's just a quick, short "how-to" post.
9. Mandroid posted on 20 Apr 2012, 14:48 3 1
\also most iDiots are doing good if they can make a call, good luck teaching this.
10. rallyguy posted on 20 Apr 2012, 14:52 2 1
Did Apple really just put this on their phone? Gees welcome to the 1990's.
I remember my Motorola Nextel i550 having this.