HTC Doubleshot for T-Mobile is believed to make an appearance at CTIA 2011
Although we’re hearing a new name right now for this device, it’s believed to actually be the HTC Pyramid which we first heard about back in February. In fact, that device was positioned to also arrive for T-Mobile and would pack Qualcomm’s third generation MSM 8260 Snapdragon processor – which is alleged to be a 1.2GHz dual-core CPU.
In any event, the only detail mentioned by the trusted source is that it’s definitely going to be eventually released with T-Mobile – and that it’s expected to feature Gingerbread as well. Moreover, some also speculate that the HTC Doubleshot name could also hint to it boasting dual displays of some sort. Nevertheless, with CTIA 2011 only weeks away, we’ll surely know more about it then.
source: TmoNews via SlashGear
1. Rich (unregistered)
"double shot" means Double display? or how bout just dual core processor?
3. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
or two cups of coffee to drink in the morning while you read the news on the phone.
4. remixfa (Posts: 14135; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it probably just references the fact that its the first dual core handset to drop (if its dropping soon that is)
5. bbonline (Posts: 38; Member since: 24 Feb 2011)
The Motorola ATRIX 4G was the first dual-core handset to be available. The name certainly implies there's going to be TWO of something. What's that something? Interesting...
11. remixfa (Posts: 14135; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I ment the first dual core handset on TMOBILE. lol. As long as it beats the LG G2X to the table.
6. bbonline (Posts: 38; Member since: 24 Feb 2011)
Could it be the first 42 Mbps (2 x 21 Mbps) HSPA+ smartphone available? It seems that might be something far off, but you never know. Brainstorming here...
7. djm22 (Posts: 27; Member since: 09 Feb 2011)
Will we see it at the CTIA though with How HTC is doing with the release of the ThunderBolt it will be well it will be hm who knows ..lol
8. RaYT (unregistered)
oh god, I hope "Doubleshot" doesn't mean the phone's going to come sporting t-mobile's ugly espresso sense UI
9. Ezzy123 (Posts: 12; Member since: 08 Mar 2011)
I can tell you a few things here about the Doubleshot here guys:
1) It IS the Pyramid and that name was never confirmed nor to be in existence. Was just a rumor.
2) HTC is copying Sprint here with the dual (DS) screen. The name Doubleshot all but gives it away. That and the name makes sense.
3) Will be out between April and May and priced at either $149.99 or $199.99 with a rebate (mail in).
4) Specs are correct except it will also have a FFC and flash. Also, 8 MP in back and 2 MP in front (Although the front can change).
5) HTC has said this is a new thing that they are trying. Basically this is an experimental phone.
6) May or may not be a 4G device.
7) Might have T Mobile TV on it as well as some other surprise goodies but that's not yet finalized.
I will be at the show and will be at T Mobile's event.
10. graffixnyc (unregistered)
It could also be the myTouch 4g slide. The mt3g slide was called espresso so doubleshot of espresso
12. remixfa (Posts: 14135; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i doubt its a dual screen device ezzy. lord i hope not anyways.. lol.
14. MC77 (unregistered)
You are completely wrong....the PIRAMID and the DOUBLESHOT are not the same handset, the piramid is just touchscreen and the doubleshot looks like the G2, but with better specs....for now confidential.... both have 1.2GHz DUAL CORE SNAPDRAGON 3 processor...also the DOUBLESHOT is sweep panorama, HDR and....