Google Nexus 7 is built using $184 worth of parts
1. thunderising posted on 09 Jul 2012, 02:29 2 1
So can we expect smartphones at $249??
Come on come on please!
2. cepcamba posted on 09 Jul 2012, 02:55 2 0
By Q4 you'll have your wish, I'll even throw in superb specs (quad-core tegra3, 720p screen, 5mp camera with 1080p video capture, 2000+ mah battery, sub-9mm thickness, jelly bean). All of that under $200.-Smartphone Santa
3. D.Aceveda posted on 09 Jul 2012, 03:58 6 0
A successful company NOT being greedy? Way to go Google!
4. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Jul 2012, 04:06 3 10
sadly, they will be cheated by google's scam online advertisement
6. D.Aceveda posted on 09 Jul 2012, 04:20 3 0
7. cepcamba posted on 09 Jul 2012, 04:40 0 0
IMO, the ads doesn't hurt. We're getting a lot of free stuff already anyway. It's just like a symbiotic relationship, between Google, Advertisers and us.
14. thinking posted on 10 Jul 2012, 02:38 0 0
Why is an advert such a bad thing?
Just ignore them. They're not forcing you to buy anything. This site also has adverts.
There are costs to everything. Google has to run itself. The revenue needs to come from somewhere. It can be YOU (paying a way high cost) or it can be the advertisers (so YOU don't have to pay the high cost).
10. simplyj posted on 09 Jul 2012, 10:47 0 0
That would be awesome, the only thing that's missing are the radios for GSM/LTE etc etc.. And then packing it down to a smaller form factor.. But surely that can't be the only thing that pushes phones to $600+.. i'm sure the carriers have a big say in that so they can get more customers
5. The_Godfather posted on 09 Jul 2012, 04:15 3 2
Real Giants in Technology :- Samsung, Microsoft, Google, Asus, Nokia and Motorola
Hats off to you Google :)
8. Bluesky02 posted on 09 Jul 2012, 05:20 1 0
This is lose for Google, because there's R&D to consider
9. protozeloz posted on 09 Jul 2012, 06:53 0 0
I personally aim for the 16GB version for me, My brother also aims for that one and will get an 8GB version for my younger relative because he got great grades this year and wanted a good android tablet... I can see the 16GB could be the top seller and the one that has the best profit
11. jove39 posted on 09 Jul 2012, 12:48 0 0
Google is just expanding consumer base...to serve more ads online...and make people consume content from play store and return the favor to Google...not bad at all.
12. protozeloz posted on 09 Jul 2012, 12:58 0 0
of course, the more people can get their hands on a tablet more people are likely to buy music, songs books and apps from Google play, plus this tablet solves the issue with the people waning to have the latest version of android ASAP. I would expect a bump in media consumption from the play store and more awareness since its better priced that your average high end phone, or netbook(please someone kill the netbooks already)