Does HTC have an Ubuntu tablet up its sleeve for tomorrow's event?
468ppi pixel density. But there seems to be more going on with this handset as images from HTC have hinted at stereo speakers and an outstanding camera using "Ultrapixels" on the phone.
What about the image of the tablet? Could HTC be planning on revealing an Ubuntu powered tablet? As far fetched as it sounds, the timing would seem to make it possible, if not probable. As we told you on Monday morning, Canonical is expected to introduce the Ubuntu OS optimized for slates, tomorrow. A countdown timer on the site happens to end just when HTC's even is slated (pun intended) to start.
We will be live from the HTC event in New York City tomorrow (Tuesday) which starts at 10am Eastern/7am Pacific. Check in with us early and stay with our coverage the whole day.
source: 9to5Google, Ubuntu via AndroidAuthority
1. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Cant wait till tomorrow! Let's go HTC, show us what you got!
3. ECPirate37 (Posts: 68; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I'm SO EXCITED for this show. I hope they make a comeback. Since I left Nokia, I have only used HTC.
I really want them to announce another 3D phone, but I don't think that will ever happen since the EVO 3D didn't sell well. However, I still love mine. I think it was doomed by no marketing. Every time someone sees the 3D pictures on mine they want to know what my phone is, and where they can get it. Most had no clue they made one. :-/
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
May be someone knows if there will be an live video stream?
7. AnTuTu (Posts: 595; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
That will be great to watch if they come up with Ubuntu based tablet :)
2. SleepingOz (Posts: 2013; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
I don't think so but why not?! Anyway, I want to see the HTC One!
4. imkyle (Posts: 911; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
This is the one I hope it is.
8. darkskoliro (Posts: 742; Member since: 07 May 2012)
HTC Tablet....nice! :D Not really digging Asus' Tegra powered TF700 atm, show me what you got!!
9. sahilsandhir (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
to me, it looks like a "E". like a big lettered E for the htc onE.
10. metalspy101 (Posts: 22; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
I though htc would cut htc devices, last time i checked they said they had too many .
12. ngo2dd (Posts: 731; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
They have less then Samsung and LG. How many galaxy do Samsung have?
11. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Would be interesting. And also an "about time" moment for Canonical and Ubuntu, which has failed over and over again to get into a consumer market.
13. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
best of luck htc. make a mark again. ur the best. waiting anxiously. cheers!!!
14. parkwaydr (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
If HTC releases a tab with Ubuntu on it. I'm so getting one.
15. amiroo (Posts: 239; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
wowww finaly htc tablet!! my god i need it ..welcome HTC King of Andorid!!
16. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Hopefully HTC can make their comeback! They make great handset, let down only by poor marketing.