Chromecast can now mirror your Android screen to your TV: here's which phones will support it
6. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I believe we could do this since Galaxy s2....
21. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I have the LG G2 and this was the one thing stopping me from getting the chromecast. NOW it's a no brainer.
2. SellPhones82 (Posts: 565; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Nice! Guess I won't need "Mirror" anymore! So the "Cast Screen" button will be different than the one that is already in the Setting menu under Display?
3. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1184; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Nice! Although I do wonder if sending screen data over WiFi when playing a game, will be fast enough to actually play the game on your TV. I play zen pinball regularly and wouldn't like to miss balls because of slow data.
8. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Works flawlessly with my 5s and Apple TV, so it shouldn't be a problem with CCast. Maybe it depends which game you play though.
12. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1184; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Both devices are 802.11n capable, so that shouldn't be the problem. Does Apple TV support the 5 Ghz band? I do know Chromecast doesn't.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They showed a live demo in the keynote and it looked practically in sync.
4. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Great, got a Note 3 just in time :)
Finally, some awesome news without that Atrocious letter i '-)
5. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Other than the fact that it's an exact copy of Apple TV, you're right, no correlation to the letter i. /endsarc.
7. JunitoNH (Posts: 984; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
You are correct, the main difference, hopefully will be, we saved $64.
11. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Id pay $64 more for a complete ecosystem than limited ability. I have Chromecast. Both are awesome but Apple TV offers so much more.
18. sgodsell (Posts: 1433; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
If Chromecast now mirrors your Android phone or tablet. So I can play games or browser, facebook, hangouts, Play all access, and so much more. Then how again does Apple TV offer so much more?
Oh wait, that's right it doesn't.
20. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Looks like someone got offended from such a general and opinionated post. Geez, fanboys are sprouting faster than weeds this summer.
22. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That's not they only thing they'll be aSproutin'!
23. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Complete?????? Waste of money maybe! Apple TV; no one I know is dumb enough to use Apple TV. Everyone I know just dl's straight to their phone; oh that's right, you still can't do that unless you dl into iTooones first and then you get an error message. Hah!!!!!
Go play with your Apple TV and leave technology to Android.
24. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
You probably know nothing about Apple TV.
I can't stand "streaming" to my TV via my Nexus. I watch all my sh*t straight from my macbook in the zip of a click. Watching my torrented shows and movies from my Macbook is great. Way less hassle than the silly sh*t I need to keep up with. Go stroke your ego somewhere else, tool. Your retardation doesn't work here.
Another clueless and butthurt fanboy.
10. galanoth (Posts: 338; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
So the GS5 is the only 2014 phone that supports screen casting.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
25. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2679; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The "LG G2 Pro" also came out in 2014.
Although, it's actually called the LG G Pro 2.
13. Canaan (Posts: 131; Member since: 25 May 2014)
I pressed the button on my Nexus 4 and it keeps saying that casting screen failed. It also says that it's a beta feature in parenthesis while you're attempting to cast it.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sorry this comment was not for you.
15. quakan (Posts: 1221; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Will there be any new features for chromecast with Apple devices?
19. darkslayer (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
Tryed with my nexus 7(2013) but didn´t work, gave me an error.