Apple wants your used iPhone 4S, spares up to $345 for it
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
My iphone has shattered... will Apple accept?
6. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This what would apple say to you:
"you're not using it the way it's design"
20. jakson0100 (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I think you would have to sell your smartphone at ebay or swappa , apple will not accept , but before selling it on ebay or swappa check its current market price at movaluate.com in shattered condition.
2. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
You the gift cards for the new iPhone? Is this the hint?
3. ahomad (Posts: 165; Member since: 15 May 2012)
gives you 285 only for iphone 4s in mint condition (which they already sold with high profit)??? and gives it to you in gift card so you have to spend it with apple??? WTH, ebay will get you more and in CASH.
four words, apple GO TO HELL
4. ahomad (Posts: 165; Member since: 15 May 2012)
they are like vampires, they want to suck as much as they can of our wallet!!!
18. ahomad (Posts: 165; Member since: 15 May 2012)
no one doesn't but at the same time, no one as much as apple (thats my point)
12. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Well, yeah, it's used now. It may only be a few second owned but once they have their profit it automatically loses $400-600 in value. That's more than 60% the sale price. Yeesh.
19. ahomad (Posts: 165; Member since: 15 May 2012)
not really, look at used iphone 4s in ebay, they are sold at higher price (I am talking about the ones that are in mint condition). let me say it in another way.
apple sells phone with high profit then only buy back the ones that are in mint condition (they will check every little thing to make sure everything is mint) then just clean it and sell it as "manufacturer refurbished" again at high profit and gives you gift card so you have to spend it for another apple product, which is sold with high profit, and cycle goes on and on and on (and better for them you lose the gift card and they won't refund). I hope you got my point
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
so, first samsung was wanting to exchange its galaxy s3 and note with iphone 4s, now this? Seriously, what's with iphone 4s? O_O
9. Aeires (unregistered)
Seriously, now much has Apple marked up the pricing on their phones? No doubt that's exactly why they didn't want their sales document released to the public during the Apple vs. Samsung trial.
10. iSometimes (Posts: 47; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)
Honestly, you can get a lot more money out of eBay or even Craigslist. A 4S 64GB for only $345? The 16GB model sells for more than that on eBay...
13. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Agreed. Plus, by selling it to apple, it means they can quickly refurb it and sell it for around $100-200 less than new, further increasing their profits. It'd be like buying a new car, driving it off the lot, turning around, and trading it in, but even greater losses percentage wise, as apple gives back at most 33% of the purchase price
15. iSometimes (Posts: 47; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)
Yes. Furthermore, you can only recieve Apple store credit meaning you have to pay full price when you can find the same device for much less in other places.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
On Craigslist, the 4S is selling for $375 and up... Used.