Apple kills Chomp for Android
1. HugeTroller (banned) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 00:45 7
See? Even Apple is giving up Android because of fragmentation. Poor green guy.
10. Mark.J.Linskiy posted on 29 Apr 2012, 02:03 16
See? Even people like you are giving up on making any true statements. Poor little troll.
You might want to educate yourself on the word "fragmentation" before you use it as if you know the meaning.
21. Mark.J.Linskiy posted on 29 Apr 2012, 04:36 14
How am I a "Fandroid"? Is it because I corrected your ignorant error and uncovered the flaw in your statement?
52. Mxyzptlk posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:38 2
Well if a ship is sinking, why would you want to remain on it?
2. wendygarett posted on 29 Apr 2012, 00:58 42
What is chomp? Never heard this before... And I never download it too...
32. andro. posted on 29 Apr 2012, 09:01 4
Chomp is an alternative sms and mms app to use instead of the stock sms app. To be honest much better alternatives are freely available in handset and go sms ex for example,these two are far sticker,faster and all way more customisation and animation for users. Comp was very iphone in design and contributed way less options for users and as such its probably apt that it finds itself stuck entire on its
37. Baseballer posted on 29 Apr 2012, 09:51 3
you forgot handcent. i think that one was the best out of all of them
46. stealthd posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:17 4
Try reading the article for once. This has nothing to do with chompsms.
49. mrochester (unregistered) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:29 3
I think you're getting confused here. Chomp is an app discovery service.
51. Mxyzptlk posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:37 1
You're just saying that because Chomp is now owned by Apple.
58. JGuinan007 posted on 29 Apr 2012, 14:42 0
Chomp is/was a search engine for the Google Play store/Android market and Apple App store searching for apps was easier on it and came back with better results Apple is going to integrate the Chomp engine right into it's App Store to make a better user experience searching the App store that is all.
4. wendygarett posted on 29 Apr 2012, 01:04 36
One thing I know is those isheep will definitely download it tommorow in front of the android user without knowing what is chomp :)
5. MYTHiKAL posted on 29 Apr 2012, 01:07 31
i have had 12 Android Phones so far.. and not once have heard of chomp.. not even from someone else.. Fail !!!
34. andro. posted on 29 Apr 2012, 09:06 5
Handcent and go sms ex are far superior to chomp sms in design functionality and customization options,chomps quite limited in these aspects and seeing as iphone customization options are also quite low its quite apt it becomes stuck on its only
7. lukasound posted on 29 Apr 2012, 01:13 48
OMG, no more Chomp for Android?! :(
Now i'll have to switch to Apple...
WTF is Chomp?
66. MARKSPEAR77 posted on 29 Apr 2012, 23:30 0
weeehhhhh! chompsms is not good as other sms application in android like go sms pro, animated sms, pansi sms and etc....goodbye chomp...
67. yt6nin posted on 29 Apr 2012, 23:57 0
Something that Apple couldn't keep their hands off of, wanting a bite out of it... May be the next Apple logo???
9. jibraihimi posted on 29 Apr 2012, 01:58 17
So this is the plan of Apple to defeat android....... Purchase all the app developing companies of Android, and after that kill that app for android.......... Now I will have to purchase that overpriced next iproduct to run all the apps........ :(
31. Dustin posted on 29 Apr 2012, 08:57 1
Yes and no. I believe Apple is doing this because they're in dire need of a fresh look on the App Store. Hopefully, although I'm not expecting it will, the App Store will have similar features to the Android Market. I'd really just be fine with the ability to tell how many people have downloaded the app. But then again this could just be a functionality update, rendering my hopes...hopeless.
13. adi4u4882 posted on 29 Apr 2012, 02:46 16
Another stupid play from Apple. What if Android does the same thing? No Google Maps, Gmail,Youtube,Google Play,Google + etc for iOS. Would those so called apple fans even live without them? Apple should think before they act.
16. HugeTroller (banned) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 03:20 6
Think before you comment,if Google do that they will gradually lose their profit from ads.
25. groupsacc posted on 29 Apr 2012, 06:30 11
In the short run, yes you are right, Google will lose revenue from ads. But in the long run, it will definately impact iPhone sales. Especially if Goole pulls out Youtube, as it is the second most visited site in the world, and also because Apple does not support flash player. Google has the strategic capacity to do this. However Google's company motto is "don't be evil", thus I doubt they will use this "dirty" tactic.
39. TMach posted on 29 Apr 2012, 10:12 5
Presumably, all those wanting to use Gmail, Youtube, Google+ etc will then have to go without or buy an Android phone! Means no profit loss from ads afterall!! Hahaha
33. Dustin posted on 29 Apr 2012, 09:02 3
Lol that's kind of funny....I hope you've realized how much money Google makes by supplying iOS with Google services. But anyways, Apple pulls people with good style behind the curtain for something exciting **Siri**. I guess we already have a glimpse on iOS 6? That's my guess, though. ^-^
48. Pdubb posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:29 2
the same Siri that uses search results from Google? Yeah Apple has a lot going on behind the curtain. The great OZ! You just be careful Scarecrow!
53. mrochester (unregistered) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:39 0
Google's business model requires as many users as possible to be using Google services. If they restricted that to only a certain subset of devices, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. In comparison, Apple's business model doesn't require as many people as possible using Apple services as they don't really generate much income from them. If you're using Apple services, chances are you've already purchased an Apple product, and that is what makes Apple money.
14. mercorp posted on 29 Apr 2012, 03:06 14
F*** you apple.now your fans will retaliate by heading to android.
I wonder what apple royally will say.
17. HugeTroller (banned) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 03:32 4
How is that so when its Apple's user that's benefiting? lol fail
18. theBankRobber posted on 29 Apr 2012, 03:41 11
I guess after Siri, apple knows they need to ether buy out company's or steal from them.
61. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 29 Apr 2012, 16:02 1
I think Apple is better at stealing.
19. preetmalhotra posted on 29 Apr 2012, 03:48 4
i have 9 friends' goup..7 of 'em carry androids, never heard Chomp..
WTF (is) was that..??
20. Saamic posted on 29 Apr 2012, 03:58 4
Wow... if Google removed all of their services from the iphone app store... they'd get crapped on
54. mrochester (unregistered) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:41 1
Google would take a massive profit hit by removing their services from Apple products. I doubt they're in a hurry to do that.
22. mrochester (unregistered) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 05:14 2
This is a bit of a no-brainer really.
The issue with modern app stores is that the bredth of apps is enormous which makes it really difficult for developers to be seen and really difficult for users to find good apps. Apple's Genius service goes some way to recommending other apps you may enjoy based on the ones you already have, but I don't know whether it's very sophisticated as far as how it decides what to recommend to you. Chomp may be a way for Apple to incorporate a better app discovery mechanism for it's behemoth sized app store.
23. OmarF82 posted on 29 Apr 2012, 06:03 3
WTF is Chomp? I really never heard of it. I'm not kidding I'm deadly serious. I have several devices long time Android user not not a clue. LOL
26. taco5OO (banned) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 06:39 4
Chomp is the best application ever made on smartphones.
27. RamyRamz69 posted on 29 Apr 2012, 06:58 8
Iphone users tomorrow: HAHAHA CHECK IT OUT WE HAVE CHOMP AND YOU DON'T
Android users after tomorrow: Oh, so Google.Com and Youtube.com became available only to us? Sweet!
36. frydaexiii posted on 29 Apr 2012, 09:20 5
Please, only Apple will stoop to such a low level. Google won't resort to such a dirty move by removing Google services for iOS and force people into Android right?
60. HugeTroller (banned) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 14:54 0
there is, moron.
65. Pdubb posted on 29 Apr 2012, 23:14 0
You are truly ignorant. There is no official Youtube app for WP7. There is metrotube and apps like that but there is no Youtube unless they released one this week.
55. mrochester (unregistered) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:45 2
Google's business model means they can't remove their services from iOS without taking a major hit to their bottom line. I think your post is overly dramatic however. Why not simply use another app recommendation service that does work with Android? It's not like Chomp was the only one...
28. APPLE-ROYALLY (banned) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 08:34 7
We see this is exclusive to us. We say what we won't say
What we say. We thank Apple once yet again. We like that.
30. reagannism posted on 29 Apr 2012, 08:54 2
I find this quiet childish and uncreative way performed by Apple to "beat" the amazingly growing Droids
Admit it, Apple fanboys, deep in your heart you're a bit ashamed.......
35. APPLE-ROYALLY (banned) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 09:09 5
We like that.
We asked Siri,
We and Siri both like that.
38. PackMan posted on 29 Apr 2012, 09:52 2
Apple is now cleaning used, thrown away garbages from the play store.
40. TMach posted on 29 Apr 2012, 10:13 1
WTF is Chomp? More so now it has been bought by a chump!!
43. taco50 (banned) posted on 29 Apr 2012, 10:53 2
All the dumb trolls having emotional responses. Google should pull their services? Sure and they'll lose billions in revenue. Sorry google isn't ran by 15 year old fandroids so that's not going to happen.
I don't know what chomp is either. Obviously it's not a popular app. I'm sure Apple has a reason behind buying it and pulling it.
45. frydaexiii posted on 29 Apr 2012, 12:18 9
Sure, billions in the first few days until Google confirms Google Services are not coming back to iOS before everyone is forced to switch to Android and Google earns their billions again, + revenue from more Android devices sold in the long run. But only Apple would stoop to that level of dirty tricks. Google, and pretty much every other company gives you the option to choose what you like, only Apple limits both their customers as well as other consumers to only one choice for everything, theirs by making their products incompatible with others.
Which other company created a whole new audio format just so you are forced to stay on their s**tty music eco system? Apple.
Every other company is now using microUSB, which is the only so called "smartphone" not using it? iPhone.
Sorry, but being a 30 year old dumb iFan isn't doing you any justice as well.