Android 4.4.1 begins rolling out, install it now on your Nexus 5
1. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
gotta wait for OMNI to be updated, shouldn't be long :P
2. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Yes, I'm glad I bought a nexus 5 its way better than my I piece of crap 5s
3. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
why are you trying to start a flame war ? no one even mentioned an iPhone.
4. Furbal (Posts: 980; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I wouldn't say the 5s is a crappy device, but I can't wait for the nexus 5 i got on black Friday. it is going to complement my note 3 very well.
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 2376; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
How's that awful battery life working out for you? Hit expand to see the full list.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 3083; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Lol no need fool, all the conjecture about bad battery life just got thrown out the window by Anandtech with actual objective testing (and they are thorough).
Link for the lazy.
8. Ninetysix (Posts: 2376; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yeah anandtech is good. Count how many people are complaining.
9. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Many complain, but many say it's above average. I guess there are people that still keep all gps/wifi/nfc/googlenow/weirdsyncs activated all time with high brightness.
Anyway just looking to the pic of the person that had 6h with heavy usage, you can see the battery got drained even with screen-off - that was in an area with bad mobile signal and we all know phones become microwave ovens in these cases. Also weird: the phone was always "awake" (google now?).
With wise n5 usage I'd give credit to anandtech, battery is fair while having 1080p and lte at 350$
17. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 1130; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
I have gotten 22 hours from 3.5 hours of talk and playing music all day. I seem to get 14-15 hours minimum battery usaage and still have 30-40% left. The battery is a 2300mAh battery, and for the "SIZE" it does well.
You says its fair for 350.00 but fail to realize that it does not have a huge battery. It cant compare to 3000+ mAh batteries.
21. jubin.mathai (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 Jun 2013)
Very True...Its basically how we use the device!!
We have to have knowledge about our phone.
People always whine about their phone's battery backup, neglecting their part!
I mean just think of it... We want to have all the features of the phone to be ON even if we don't need it!! That's not the right way!!
11. Finalflash (Posts: 3083; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
There is always someone who never gets enough battery, for everyone else we know the limits of tech.
10. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
battery is fair. even iPhone users complain about battery life, which isn't that bad, IMHO.
7. Finalflash (Posts: 3083; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Okay....I think you need to have that level of hate checked by a medical professional.
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12958; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Maybe you should buy a grammar book instead.
13. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
get your popcorn ladies and gents \**/ \**/ \**/
15. jove39 (Posts: 1856; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Just finshed flashing update...camera is fast now...shot to shot time has improved (unnecessary focus is removed)
wondering why comments in every article on phonearena ends with iPhone vs something
16. jove39 (Posts: 1856; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Sound on headphones and speaker seems louder than before :)
18. varuntis1993 (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
hey every time when I type the command adb sideload update.zip it tell me that the device is not found but when I restart the phone and then type adb devices, it shows me the device with the serial no.....can any one tell me where I m wrong?
19. jove39 (Posts: 1856; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I had same problem...it's most probably issue with usb drivers...check device managed on your pc...nexus5 will show up with yellow exclamation mark.
I didn't try to fix adb issue...so flashed twrp recovery and then flashed update.