Android 4.3 coming to the HTC One in the U.S.
After the expected release of the HTC One Max, all HTC One models, the HTC Butterfly S and the HTC One mini will have Sense 5.5 together with the Android 4.3 update. Some HTC models will not be getting Android 4.3 such as the HTC One S and Sprint's HTC EVO 4G LTE. If you own those two latter models, sorry. That's just the way it is.
source: @LlabTooFeR via AndroidCentral
1. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Why is the international version getting sense 5.5 and not US version? Way to fragment your already fragmented skin HTC
3. jaychildz (Posts: 106; Member since: 31 May 2013)
c'mon, thats what XDA is for im runnin 4.2.2 on srint
9. moroninc (Posts: 186; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Google needs to do something about this, is it that difficult to update a skin i.e Sense 5.x ... its the reason why people think twice about getting an HTC phone, they seem to just flip a coin when it comes to updating their Skin... No rush eh
13. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Has nothing, ABOSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Google. It's all the OEM and their additions. Google released 4.3 to these guys and they waste time adding their own flavor to Android and usually cocking it up in the process, removing things that made sense and adding others that don't...HTC tend to make shoddy decisions with Sense. Give me option to choose between annoying ass Sense and simple Vanilla Android.
4. Yubnub (Posts: 100; Member since: 23 May 2013)
This update better fix the purple/blue hue camera issue many people are experiencing (along with other bugs, obviously)...
5. md227a (Posts: 127; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I'm more surprised that they are saying the US model will get out before the international model.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8831; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Exactly... I see the international version getting 4.3 by mid-late October, but for the US version? December.
7. imkyle (Posts: 1018; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
This should have been obvious. Flagship phones should get at least 2 major updates.
8. AfterShock (Posts: 2894; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I've an HTC OneX that's not feeling the love, yet.
I don't want to say all, but most of my hope is lost for HTC finding its way out of it's quagmire, or keeping me as a supporter buying newer products.
10. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Me to I have the one x but after confirming that people are getting 4.2.2 and sense 5 in some European countries, I have faith in HTC and seeing the bids on the new update looks awesome I\'m very patient.
15. sintruder (Posts: 58; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I wonder what\'s on the sense 5.5 update. Better improve the battery efficiency or I\'m going to change my one to Google edition.