Alleged frame for Apple iPhone 5S shows change in position of front-facing camera
We must take these photos with a grain of salt considering the large number of iPhone knock-offs produced in China each year. However, this particular source correctly leaked the spare parts for the Apple iPhone 5 before, which means that they do have a positive track record.
The next iteration of the Apple iPhone is expected to be introduced late in the third quarter of this year. We expect to see a higher capacity battery, an improvement in the camera sensor and the next-generation A7 processor under the hood. There has also been talk of a fingerprint sensor being included on the Apple iPhone 5S.
Apple iPhone 5S frame
Thanks Anonymous Tipster!
4. valapsp (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
iPhone 5S the most advanced smartphone with repositioned camera. Pure innovation!!!
9. sam_tek (Posts: 89; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
Alan, what is this - a slow news day? why is this even news??
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cuz it's a tech site, and tech sites report news on tech.
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Alan, what is this - a slow news day?"
On the weekends news in PhoneArena.com are always slow.
13. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
I am so surprised. How can they do this? I mean how man how?
This is truly innovation. Extremely innovative.
I can't believe. Amazing.
54. amiaq (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
With this, I will definitely be camping prior to the release, It's a "statement of art and technology" at the same time. I know it coz am a BARISTA!!
21. techspace (Posts: 697; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Apple:"every smartphone which has a camera at that position will be banned and the others won't be considered as innovative smartphones"
2. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's so they can tell the 5s apart from the 5. You know how the apple followers are they need to be able to feel superior with their new tech.
30. ghaniosman (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
The new cam position will surely change one's entire life... This is pure revolution!!!!
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It'll make mobiles best overall camera even better. The iPhones camera isn't about gimmicks, it's about the end result...one heckuva photo/video.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
It seems like Apple fanboy start to crave some attention and they will call this brick with bump-up spec, the most revolutionary since the most revolutionary... Unfortunately consumers nowadays are smart enough to say no to Apple
8. sniper1087 (Posts: 378; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
well I will say the same thing about samsung with the S4 or S3S which it should have been called, nothing really revolutionary, the gesture features tend to be more cumbersome, and most people turn them off, because it drains battery as well as causes frequents stutters. so at this point I wont even point fingers at apple because samsung has done pretty shady things to copy as well, just look at S-Voice, everybody knows is a siri knockup which is not as good, and yes I am talking about samsung and not google just in case, google has done a great job with google now. I just feel samsung could have done better on their next big thing is here, than just some software features that just are gimmicks. let the bashing begin because of all the gestures dont work as intended, and yes I used the S4 for a day and had to return it.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Takes up most of the internal storage too! +1 on s voice too, f
Samfans conveniently forget that.
45. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1579; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Actually, S Voice is based off of Vlingo, which was out long before S Voice, Siri, or Google Now. I had it on my OG Droid Incredible, and went to a new phone in the early part of 2010. Later that year Samsung's Nexus S had Vlingo integration/preloaded on it. That was a full year before Siri was launched on the 4S.
Personally I hardly use any of these "assistants". I would also rate S Voice the worst of the three, it just seems completely clueless. Aside from using Siri on my nephew's 4S, all of my experience with these types of programs are on the android side of it. If I want info found I use Google Now. If I want a Siri like experience I use an app called Assistant. It gives you the ability to build (visually) your assistant, and can be sarcastic at times (if you give her a request that warrants it). But the point is all of them seem to be not quite ready for primetime. I guess I won't be satisfied until I have something like JARVIS on my phone (British accent and all).
52. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
True, but the approach was Siri inspired. It's not a big deal cuz all these guys copy in one way, or another VZW.
58. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1579; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
They could've called it anything and it would've said to have been Siri inspired. Everytime a company comes out with something, their competitors do the same. It's not copying, it's trying to get a spice of that pie. Myself, I define copying as looking or working so much like the original that it's hard to tell them apart. That's not the case here or in many of the lawsuits. I understand some feel the lawsuits spur innovation, but the only innovation they are creating is a new way to do something that can already be done. Real innovation is something completely new or only possible in someone's mind being brought to reality.
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said. 100% agreed. I think the next wave of true innovation is a few years away. I like how Sammy's pushing the envelope though.
66. sniper1087 (Posts: 378; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
While I think innovation might be years away , looking at google glass >.>. I think samsung got lazy and you just metioned pushing the envelope? lets look at things that makes the S4 unique, gestures, airview, camera features and multi window, correct me if I am wrong, but several reviewers have reported that people that own the phone have airview and motion gestures turned off, why? because Touchwiz became as bloated as Sense 3 and there are some mayor signs of lag when panning as well as opening some apps like the camera, yes the camera has some nice features but everything comes at a price, even the HTC One performs better than the S4 in day to day performance. what HTC did was push the envelope, they took a risk on the camera and created a beautiful desing, while samsung decided to keep a similar design which you cannot tell the difference if looking at them side by side unless you get to hold them. I dont love or hate android or any other OS and hope something greater is built up out of this competition going on between manufacturers.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5867; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How much does Sammy pay you for each of your posts?
23. techspace (Posts: 697; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
even the samsung fanboys laugh at you, please stop making fun of yourself
sometimes you support apple, sometimes you support samsung, what's next?
i think you should change your website preferences as well...so, when are you leaving PA?...live and let live, we come here for tech news, not for the fanboys and trolls
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then why are they selling millions of devices nowadays?
43. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Because there are millions of people like you. If you know what I mean.
44. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes I know. Smart, paid, don't care what haters think, and buys what the hell they want. That or tall dark handsome, and stays in tip top shape, and gets the girls.
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He wasn't expecting that, and I know what he meant. +1 VZW
65. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
"And gets the girls"
Seriously, Are you a comedian?
25. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Yeah! Your name is coool.
64. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
My Account with one "r" is blocked.
6. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Well if that is in fact from the 5S, we know it ain't gettin a big screen.
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 1838; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
OMG! OMGOMGOMG!!! They moved it a percentage of a milimeter?! This... this is revolutionary innovation!
Why isn't there more weekend coverage of WWDC, even though it doesn't start until Monday?!?!?!
24. techspace (Posts: 697; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
"its a small distance for the camera but its a huge leap for mankind" lol
27. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6581; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Really really?? That's SO AWESOME!!
42. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
17. shutslar (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
The front facing camera goes in the middle and there seems to be plenty of room for it. It looks like the made the opening for the proximity sensor much smaller (the opening on the left side of the frame).
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6581; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's it? Change front cam position? Can do better than that.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You can did better than that post too.
28. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Well that means any cases that cover the front will have to be reworked. I am sure the manufacturers will love having to change everything for such a small adjustment
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bring on this bad boy. Can't wait to see what apple has in store, both software and hardware wise. 2013 should be a nice year for the big apple.
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
An iPhone with 128 gigs internal is gonna be nice. 2 White AT&T 128 gigger's for Mr. and Mrs. Jedii, my wedding gift to us.
49. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1579; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Congrats, but shouldn't something like that be given on the Tin anniversary? JK ;)
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol she's been bugging me about one, so I said wait till the new one comes out. We marry on Sept. 21st...iPhone rumors point to mid Sept. to mid Oct.
56. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Awesome, lol, just a question...why white? I know its a matter of personal reference but the black one to me looks smoother and more original...just my opinion...
57. darkkjedii (Posts: 11949; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
White and silver type colors, such as stainless have always appealed to me. Black, gray, and other briefcase colors don't appeal as much. A red iPhone would be awesome though.