Sailfish X for Sony Xperia X goes on sale, download links are now live
The time has come for Sailfish fans to support their favorite mobile platform by purchasing the new Sailfish X, specifically designed for Sony Xperia X.
Unlike Android, Sailfish X costs money, so unless you're not one of the lucky Jolla Tablet backers who have been given the option to get it for free, you'll have to pay €49.99. Before doing that, you should also know Sailfish X is only available in the EU countries, as well as Norway and Switzerland.
After purchasing Sailfish X for Sony Xperia X, you will be able to download the factory image and flash it on the smartphone. Jolla has already supplied customers with a full guide that offers instructions on how to install Sailfish X on the Xperia X.
However, these instructions are only available for Windows, so if you're using Linux or macOS, you'll have to wait a little longer for Jolla to put them together. In any case, here is what you get for €49.99, according to Jolla:
- Sailfish OS software package to flash to your Xperia device;
- Android app support, predictive text input, and MS exchange support as downloads from Jolla Store to your device;
- Software updates for at least one year, after which a continuation program will follow;
- Clear instructions and support for downloading, installation & use;
- Jolla Customer Care service for one year.
It's unclear whether or not Jolla will bring Sailfish X to other countries like the United States and Canada, but without decent sales that probably won't happen.