Xperia Z3 tipped to come in September with a 7mm thin redesign, no Z Ultra successor in Sony's plans
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
PA, that image of the metal frame is most likely T3 and not Z3...
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
And it did say "Like this T3 frame, Xperia Z3 might be only 7mm thin", so it is the frame from T3.
42. akki20892 (Posts: 3899; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Its a juggernaut device from Sony.....i'm waiting Sony.....
48. UglyFrank (Posts: 1545; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
If they seriously think they can release 3 flagships with near enough the exact same processor.
2. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I think sony should hold the realease of z3..... they are releasing flagship too fast....z3 should launch at starting of 2015 or end of 2014.... and it should have snapdragon 810, better and bigger camera,new design....
5. Canaan (Posts: 326; Member since: 25 May 2014)
I agree, I mean they haven't even released the Z2 in the U.S. And they're already planning the Z3 release?
6. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
The market in asian is different than america. In asia, if you have a big title (high salary), you don't want other to upgrade too many step before you. So, that's the reason why Sony & samsung releasing 2 flagship per year, and this people PAYING FULL PRICE. This is what american might not understand.
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
This just means my Z2 won't be envy when the Z3 comes out and ready to see what's Z4 going to bring to the table.
45. refillable (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Z2 has yet to come in my Hometown (Bandung) As far as I know. What you are saying is true though. Last year my Dad said that his Co-worker bought an iPad Air for 1500 quids just for the sake of being prestigious!
57. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Same thing happens in America, doesn't mean it's not dumb. It devalues "Flagship" if it changes every 6 months. Samsung only has one Flagship every year. The Note Series is not their flagship line.
41. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Z1 came out in Oct though. And I feel like kicking myself should wait till 2015 for new phones
51. T.Law (Posts: 413; Member since: 10 May 2014)
Totally agree! My Z2 will feel outdated too soon.
53. DerryAhmad (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Yeah.. I'm not too keen on Sony releasing 2 flagships with approximately the same size and specs in a year.
What I really want Sony to release is the Z2 Compact or Z2 Ultra on Summer/Fall.
The flagships for different sizes:
- Spring: Mainstream Flagship 5+"
- Summer: Phablet Flagship 6+"
- Fall/Holiday: Compact Flagship 4+"
3. Diezparda (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
trim the bezel & increase the screen size a little, i'll switch from my Note 3
16. vincelongman (Posts: 3975; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Hopefully they make the Z3 have smaller bezels than their Xperia ZL or the G3
But I don't think they could if its only 7 mm thick with a 1/2.3" (or bigger) camera sensor
And also its front facing speaker and water/dust proofing
4. justsayit (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 May 2013)
what is the point having a phone that so thin? show off?
i hope smartphone maker stop make "blah blah blah thinest phone"
almost all have small battery(except that tablet,... i mean phablet have is huge and with huge bezel *cough*Z ultra*cough* )
13. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Right, thin bezels, good. thin body not good. HUGE battery excellent.
7. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
The first thing Sony must redesign is its UI.
And September is too early, just wait till the beginning of 2015.
20. chocowii (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Timescape UI is good as it is. Dont let me start talking about TouchWiz hehe
49. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
That's what sony's UK is called.
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1425; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
This is ridiculous, the Z2 was release about 2-3 months ago, I'm planning to get one soon and you're telling me it's successor is coming out in another 3 months? Screw this...This is why people still buy iPhones, at least in their eco-system, their phones are the "latest" for a year, not 6 months.
23. chocowii (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
iPhones? "Latest"? Oh comeon frydaexiii, enough of the jokes. Wheres the camera? LOL!
Seriously, Sony, Samsung and HTC are creating their own niche of competition wherein Apple cant catch up. All Apple was doing is" reinvent" and copy what those three have been doing in the previous year and call it innovation.
Their ancient eco system and their so-called walled gardens hinders Apple from taking a leap frog to lead.
43. frydaexiii (Posts: 1425; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
What I meant was, in the North Korea of smartphones (Apple), their outdated hardware is still considered "latest" to their followers. And that "latest" stays around for a year. That's what I meant.
56. Canaan (Posts: 326; Member since: 25 May 2014)
I believe he was talking about the hardware, which is true you don't get new CPUs every 6 months like android is doing with the snapdragon sets recently. Although, it could also include the software considering that even the iPhone 4s (which will be 3 years old in the fall) will be getting the latest IOS 8 update. Not even Google has those updates for their Nexus lines which they stop updating after 18 months,
9. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
And who the heck is the same Doomlord dude! I Don't believe it till I hear it from evleaks. :p
24. chocowii (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
If you root several Sony phones before, chances are you are using DooMLorD's tools. He even has broken root even before Z1 came out. I think DooMLorD works for Sony.
10. xeonfire (Posts: 87; Member since: 15 Feb 2014)
Apparently, according my friend who owns and run a Sony Centre, phones are the current king in regards to sales, TVs and cameras are just not selling, and people do upgrade phones just to show off, most people don't even use half of the functions, features, or capabilities of the their smartphones. Go figure..
38. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
We can use the same TV for 3 years, 5 years, or even 10 years.
The same vacum cleaner for 10 years+
The same washing machine for 10 years+
The same refrigerator for 10 years+
Even the same wired phone for 20 years+
But we do change our phone faster than we change our girl friend
58. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
My phone is 5 years old. Only idiots get a new phone every year. At least wait every 2 years if Upgrade is allowed (I have unliminted Data so rather keep that and pay a little extra for a phone).
47. refillable (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Mirrorless and RX series cameras sells well to me... DSLRs still has some time to catch the eyes of Canikon buyers. Of course thoguh, bravia will struggle as Sony seems to want to abandon it just like Vaio. No Ads, no special campaign and seems no new revolutionary tech. It seems that Sony is tired watching all that red numbers going year-after-year consecutively.
11. ryq24 (Posts: 681; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
How are they going to pull it of? Sharp already have a phone that is waterproof and with small bezel. Sony is late again. They should improve their software if they want to make a dent on samsung's sale.
26. chocowii (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
If you want thin bezels, go buy a Sharp. Sony doesnt let functionality suffer over aesthetics.
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Redesign the UI and I'll throw my money.
25. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Custom launchers like Apex and Nova are great.
44. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And lose UI functionality? LG's new UI is beautiful though.
50. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Root and install Timescape. Delete unwanted apps. CM10.CM11.
Friend has a LG2, I've played around with it and I really liked it.
27. chocowii (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Meanwhile in Samsung side...
The UI sucks, redesign it! Ive already thrown away my money to waste. Lol!
18. Nabil2511 (Posts: 152; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
6 months cycle plan is plain stupid.. overpopulating the world with your own product will not make us buy u Sony..
33. Gamas_K (Posts: 70; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Well, samsung did have 2 flagship a year, but different segment.. ordinary smartphone(galaxy s) and phablet (galaxy note)
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
this is how Android crumbled in 2014, while WP and iOS rose up.
30. chocowii (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
this is how Android crumbled in 2014, while WP only rose up.
31. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Wp rose cause of cheap L520, orelse stagnated around 3%.
37. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
lool..do you have any ideea how many cheap android phones are out there? Samsung lone has tens of cheap galaxy phones..Most android devices are cheap..if apple would make a 170 dollars product do you think that iphone 6 would still sell better? It is logical that cheap products sell better..
59. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Actually Android and WP is winning. IOS is dying.
39. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Get some fact straight.
WP market share & iOS diminishing, while android going up.
60. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
WP marketshare is still growing but Android is already market leader and still growing. IOS users switch to Android.
63. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
The reason of WP market share growing because Nokia need to make BIG number so that microsoft have the reason to buy THEM.
Now, it's belong to microsoft, microsoft won't do the same. Microsoft won't pour money into the ocean.
21. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
I don't like that idea. It will be the same thing with little changes. Why?
32. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
I've got a leak from hearsay for the upcoming Z3:
Overal size: 142×72×6.8mm
Display: 5.35" IPS-LCD, 1.440×2.560, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Battery: Unremovable, 4.000 mAh
Camera: 20.7MP, 1.6 ultronPixel
All metal build, IP78 certified for dust and water resistance.
36. kumarabhishek591 (Posts: 64; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
7mm bezels on top and bottom of screen combined -_-
40. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Yay! Sony is gonna announce a new phone September and not release it in the US for like 5-6 months
46. meeaaoon (Posts: 25; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
It doesnt matter how slim it is as long as it has huge bezels... Sony please make Xperia ZL successor..
52. willywanta (Posts: 192; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
oh no no no...
Please refresh z ultra and save z3 for next year. You wanna compete with iPhone 6 and galaxy note 4? z ultra 2 please