World's most expensive phone heading to China at $15 million, bound to raise eyebrows in the Party
17. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Maybe you get a life time of ios updates, and a perpetual chip update, and other internal hardware from Apple... ;)
28. vincelongman (Posts: 2022; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Or buy this brushed gold wrap/skin for only $19.95, also available for Galaxy S III and Evo G4. Its not made out of gold obviously, but feels and looks like it is.
4. zeropants (Posts: 28; Member since: 31 May 2012)
This shows that having money doesn't always reflect having good taste.
5. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
this sentence usually come from poor people as an automatic defense mechanism
14. zeropants (Posts: 28; Member since: 31 May 2012)
Those types of responses usually come from people who don't have a good point.
In no reference to the phone, anything that large dipped in gold and covered in diamonds is gaudy.
15. lyndon420 (Posts: 2081; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This sentence is insinuating that you are rich then? Gonna buy yourself an iPhone are ya? Because it's what rich people do?
23. zeropants (Posts: 28; Member since: 31 May 2012)
I see the "no reference to the phone" part threw you off.
No part of that sentence insinuated me being rich.
34. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
He's replying on BillyG's thread, not yours.
You're going to embarass yourself.
41. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
see, zeropants is not only poor, he's also stupid...
42. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
nope, not gonna buy an iPhone. iPhones are for normal people... an iPhone dipped in gold and engraved with diamonds is for rich people.
31. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
That's true. How the rich spend their money is none of your concern, because it is their money, not your money. I wouldnt call someone who spends thousands of dollars on designer goods as wasting money either, it's their right to spend their own money the way they want.
But if i have that kind of money i would have set my sights on a Lamborghini. I wouldnt even hesitate to buy one. But then again, someone who can afford this phone probably already has a dozen of supercars in his garage.
"If i have that much money i would help *** ***", that's something only hypocrites will say. If you have that much money one day, maybe from the lottery, you would definitely think of luxury or enjoyment first. It's human nature in our subconscious minds. Find me a millionaire who drives a budget small car. NONE.
6. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Ouch if this iPhone 5 bends like the other iPhone 5. Would be expensive to fix.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm not rich, so I must say DUH!
I mean seriously? $15 million for an iPhone 5? When you're using this phone outside, you'll be the first one to be robbed!
If I'm rich, I won't even think about this phone! I rather get an original iPhone 5 instead! :P
32. moroninc (Posts: 191; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
"IF" and if you were.. you'd be the first to get robbed even if you have an original iphone 5
35. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Everyone with smartphone may be robbed, that's why we need to beware of robbers, their eyes are watching your smartphone!
8. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
It would look much better without the diamonds at the sides and home button (personal preference). Still won't buy one even if I am a billionaire.
9. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
look for poor people who are hungry in africa and give them money instead of buying a crap just for look
10. luckysrinu (Posts: 14; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Daniel, GSMarena saying 9 months, which is correct?
11. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Can I get a custom order?
Samsung Galaxy S4 with Sapphire Glass, water proofed and aluminum casing, please.
12. PhoenixWright (Posts: 99; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
"the handset is dipped in 26 karat gold"
-The phone must have melted inside since its dipped in gold leaving a gold brick behind.
13. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3017; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
26 karat gold? So, you're saying the phone is 108.3% gold? 100% gold is 24 karats. Might want to amend the article to reflect that.
16. jibraihimi (Posts: 701; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
15million US$ whoooao........ Many Chinese could start up new phone manufacturing unit in that much money............
19. AndiAllDay (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Is it part 2 of the movie "tower Heist" where the gold is invested in the car****If I want to invest in gold, then I will buy gold to do so, but not to buy phn with gold; **
21. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
dumbest and most retarded millionaire i ever heard. She should give the money as xmas bonus for all the underpaid workers in foxconn.
22. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
i saw this on a picture i think it was shakira or beyonce who had it. i thought it was a case
30. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
@dd4444 on Instagram does the same thing for a far cheaper price. Except It's not 24 Karat gold but 24ct.
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'll just melt the phone take the golden parts rebuld it too a bar then sell it
33. kurejikame (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
The source says the phone was dipped in 24ct gold, and the home button was replaced by a 26ct black diamond. Daniel P. probably accidentally mixed them up.
37. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
There is no such thing as 26 Karat gold. "24 carat gold means 99.99% pure gold" and this is as high as it goes it terms of karat.
39. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
I will take the phone for what it's worth...but would never buy an iphone otherwise
40. psigate (Posts: 9; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
26 Karat gold? i thought 24K is already pure gold
43. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3017; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Now, it starts to make sense. The black diamond replacing the home button is 26 carats. How PhoneArena turned that into the phone being dipped in "26 karat" gold, I'll never figure out.