Which is your favorite color for a phone?
After the dark age (literally) of smartphone design, it is mainly thanks to the new Nokia Lumias and HTC Windows Phones that we once again discover that a phone may look well in something other than black or grey. Hoping that this ongoing trend is to continue, we wanted to ask you which color do you like most for a phone. Of course, it can depend on the specific design of the model to an extent, and sometimes a phone may look best in a combination of colors, but for the purposes of this poll, let's just stick to main colors, m'kay?
Since black goes so well with everything else, and since most of you will probably just pick black, being the safest and most neutral color for a cell phone, we've simply decided to remove it from the list. Just kidding, black is there for all of us who don't want our phones to have more personality than we do. Also, please note that we'll omit choices such as "crimson red," "midnight blue," and "ceramic white." We understand that some think those are perfectly real colors, but it's just that if we try to include them all, it'd make for one really long (and meaningless) list.
- Which is your favorite color for a phone?
593 votes (593 votes) White
872 votes (872 votes) Black
161 votes (161 votes) Red
173 votes (173 votes) Blue
57 votes (57 votes) Green
105 votes (105 votes) Yellow
31 votes (31 votes) Pink
37 votes (37 votes) Orange
226 votes (226 votes) Cyan
23 votes (23 votes) Magenta
16 votes (16 votes) Brown
169 votes (169 votes) Dark grey
55 votes (55 votes) Light grey
1. AWiseGuy posted on 11 Dec 2012, 09:47 30 8
Black all the way. A dark black with a black AMOLED screen looks sexy, in my opinion.
6. AWiseGuy posted on 11 Dec 2012, 09:58 8 4
I concur! I just wish I could wait until the Note 2 came in black. I'm willing to "settle" for grey, ha. Firstworldproblems.
Also, masters of the ninja-edit, you and I are. I salute you, fellow Phonearena user.
50. g2a5b0e posted on 11 Dec 2012, 19:45 2 1
Haha, no doubt. Both of our comments are wildly different than their former incarnations. You have to adjust with the times, I suppose. I've also got the gray Note 2. I would have preferred black myself also, but I wasn't willing to wait & I guess it's classy enough. ;-)
52. AWiseGuy posted on 11 Dec 2012, 20:44 3 1
Oooo, the Note 2! I actually feel the same way. I really want to wait for the black one, but I'll "settle" for the grey one. First world problems, eh? I think it looks good enough. I'll probably put a case on it anyway.
53. Nadr1212 posted on 11 Dec 2012, 20:49 1 0
Midnight blue, (or indigo) r actually pretty good colors
14. HTCFreak posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:27 12 0
With some red here and there like HTC does it makes it complete! :)
31. RiseAgainst94 posted on 11 Dec 2012, 12:14 1 0
It unfortunately did not make its way to AT&T but the light gray Lumia 920 is gorgeous.
43. someones4 posted on 11 Dec 2012, 18:24 3 0
You took the words right out of my mouth. Black is the gentleman's colour.
Plus, since black is the mixture of all the colours, you technically get every colour by choosing black.
60. iDroid8 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:56 0 1
That is quite well said-anyone can call the iPhone's screen gray on a black model, not so on an AMOLED
Still i chose white cuz black is too mainstream
5. Rocksteady posted on 11 Dec 2012, 09:58 4 2
A dark grey GS3 would look nice (I voted for dark grey), I'm currently using a white GS3, looks nice too.
it's my first white phone, I've always been using dark colored phones.
7. Saintmarino posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:03 5 1
Dark grey IMO. I own a titanium grey GN2, quite a looker !!!
8. gazmatic posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:13 5 4
red or yellow... black is too mainstream...
plus unless you put your phone in a transparent case... you wont be able to appreciate the design
red and yellow pops!!
i would rock a green phone though
9. networkdood posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:16 4 1
Black or a dark grey - buy a case if you want some color or polka dots or get a skin.
10. 14545 posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:17 1 6
Hey OEM's, please take a look at this poll the next time you want to release these awkwardly colored phones with no "normal" options to begin with. Give us BLACK, we want BLACK. I don't want a stupid smart phone in 70 different colors. If I want to change the color, there are cases for that. GIVE US BLACK.
11. timtimity posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:18 2 0
I'm a big fan of the blue/purple HTC 8X phone. It feels great too. I just wish it was the case for an S3 (no offence to HTC or Windows - I just prefer the S3).
13. iDroidWin posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:21 0 2
When I saw this page, I thought, is it in anyways related to the rumor of iPhone 5S coming in different colors? Well, we can never tell
15. onggeo posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:37 3 2
I always go for black. Classy and casual at the same time.
16. suneeboy posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:42 1 1
Black all the way. If black isn't available, give me white. Pure black and pure white are both very classy and professional colors.
17. gazmatic posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:44 2 1
why bother designing a phone if you're just going to wrap it in a case?
why do reviewers comment so much on "how nice the design is" and what not if you just plop it in a case?
dont brag about how thin or light a phone is if you are going to put it in a case
seriously... i shouldn't have to buy a case because my phone wont survive a fall!!!
i always let my phones go naked... anybody can put a designer case on a crap phone... it is still a crap phone
42. networkdood posted on 11 Dec 2012, 17:53 0 0
I have my Droid Razr in a sturdy 3.00 Amazon-purchased case, just because of fear of scratching it - after a year it is almost spotless.
62. iDroid8 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:00 0 0
You seem to be a nokia owner
What do you have-1100 or Lumia 920?
18. shuaibhere posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:53 0 2
White is ma first choice...next comes black....these two are really classy colors..
19. -box- posted on 11 Dec 2012, 11:00 2 0
Green for me. I only have cyan because green wasn't an option. Yellow is great as well. I also owned an orange phone, looked quite nice.
Black is boring, and white is for folk who like having boring white cars. Time to get out if Monochromatic Kansas and into color-filled Oz, metaphorically speaking.
As for "professional", how cool is it to have a phone the same color as corporate (or school) colors without a bulky and usually ugly case?
20. snowgator posted on 11 Dec 2012, 11:21 1 0
Green, Yellow, and Red would be my colors of choice if I am not doing basics. If I can't have fun colors, think I am ready for a white over black. It is time.
I own four cases for my Samsung Focus S, and change them out often just to add some flare to my dependable but freaking boring butt phone. I am so ready to stand out a little...
21. Martine posted on 11 Dec 2012, 11:22 1 7
Black for men. White, pink for ladies. Yellow, Red for kids
23. tusshharish posted on 11 Dec 2012, 11:38 4 0
belive me new nokia lumia 620's lime green looks awesome!!!!!!!!
25. eisenbricher posted on 11 Dec 2012, 11:49 2 0
Yeah a limegreen 620 will be my next phone! (In case I being unable to afford the yellow 920)
26. Loubielou posted on 11 Dec 2012, 11:53 2 0
Cyan Nokia N8 looked amazing and stood out more
28. adjou posted on 11 Dec 2012, 11:59 1 0
Back then, Sony ericsson's walkman black and orange was so cool!! If only...
But black is good for the meantime
29. InspectorGadget80 posted on 11 Dec 2012, 12:11 1 0
I select orange if they were a second choice it would be Yellow I want multicolor phones and i don't like to have a white phone. it will drive sales for companies if they ALL PUT MULTICOLOR phones too match everyone's personality instead of spending lots of money on color cases.
30. Tsepz_GP posted on 11 Dec 2012, 12:11 1 0
White. Both my GS2 AND GS3 are white and look great! :)
32. rms.max posted on 11 Dec 2012, 12:29 0 0
cyan ,red ,black are awesome.....................
33. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 11 Dec 2012, 12:46 0 0
actually it really depends on the phone design. but i would choose white as it tends to stand out more when people look at it from a distance. i could be wrong though, just my opinion
34. WakaFlakaD posted on 11 Dec 2012, 13:13 4 0
So far, I vote for gray on the Galaxy Note 2 and cyan on Lumia 920!
41. WakaFlakaD posted on 11 Dec 2012, 17:23 0 0
I forgot black slate on the new iPhone 5! I pick color based on how it looks on the phone itself, just like buying a car. Also, it depends on the paint itself. There are different types of black or grey
63. iDroid8 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:02 0 0
Like how the black screen looks 'grey' on the above-mentioned phone
35. Sniggly posted on 11 Dec 2012, 13:48 2 0
It depends on the phone, really. I picked black, but I think the Galaxy S3 looks best in that red color. The phone itself matters more than the color.
38. android78 (unregistered) posted on 11 Dec 2012, 15:26 0 0
I love white phones, would have loved for that htc droid dna to come in white. White is so pure and beautiful. As much as i dislike apple, I think there i phone 5 is the most beautiful designed white phone on the market.
44. darkkjedii posted on 11 Dec 2012, 18:32 0 0
Red. I'd love a red iPhone 5 with the brushed aluminum. That would look sweet, or a red note 2 would also look sweet.
45. Jyakotu posted on 11 Dec 2012, 18:50 0 0
Even though Black is my favorite color, I've always wanted a red phone!
46. Raymond_htc posted on 11 Dec 2012, 19:06 0 0
Why BLACK? I prefer White...
but actually its all personal preference.
BLACK Phones= Classy and elegant.
Greys= Sort of business class.
Other bright colours (yellow, red, green, etc) = youthful and energetic :\
56. bayusuputra posted on 11 Dec 2012, 23:56 0 0
I always thought people with white phones are mostly meticulous and tidy, but not really trendy.. Trendy should come with the last one..
I personally prefer Blue, but black is nice too..
Black/Red, Black/Blue or Black/Green would be better than monotone, though..
47. TechDork posted on 11 Dec 2012, 19:19 0 0
Anything in blue!!! Not too dark, not too bright. Something in the lines of the Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue or the LG Rumor 2 Blue. I'm just a Blue type of guy lol. Black/Blue is what I crave.
48. TechDork posted on 11 Dec 2012, 19:21 0 0
I think an iPhone 5 with a nice Navy aluminum backing would be HOT! Masculine & classy, if you ask me.
49. ber_to posted on 11 Dec 2012, 19:30 0 0
there is only 1 color in all of my gadget, that is black.
54. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 4 days ago posted on 11 Dec 2012, 22:35 0 0
It depends on what phone it is... Black + amoled screen looks gorgeous, get that hidden screen effect
55. bayusuputra posted on 11 Dec 2012, 23:53 1 0
"We understand that some think those are perfectly real colors, but it's just that if we try to include them all, it'd make for one really long (and meaningless) list."
try saying that to my girlfriend, you'll come back with a hand imprint on your face..