The world's most and least compact tablets relative to their screen size
1. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
The bezel on the last 10 or so devices make my eyes burn
12. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I mean, I have a moto g so i still have a good bit of bezel on the top and bottom, but on the sides its pretty clean.
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 2885; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Huawei mediapad x1 and lg g pad has visibily smaller bezels than apple ipads, whereas ipads have visibly bigger bezels... there is something wrong with these results.. even mediapad x1 and lg g pad are more sleek n stylish
19. Jommick (Posts: 221; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
The aspect ratios of the 2 tablets you mentioned are different from the aspect ratio of an iPad. It's a comparison that's along the same vein of a taller person appearing skinnier due to their height. Also, the difference is within 1-2%, so it's not even too great of a difference.
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
2. Planterz (Posts: 1646; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I knew my LG 8.3 would be up at the top. 8.3" screen in a 7" tablet's body. Love this thing!
3. tech2 (Posts: 3017; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
6 out of top 10 are Samsung's tablets. Great job, Sammy !
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I think i wont consider buying a tablet till a android tablet from a reputed brand with high end specs come with 4:3 screen. Yeah all i want is a 4:3 android tablet.
7. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 411; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Even though it makes watching video awkward, it makes for a way better device. I prefer portrait, and using a 16:9 tablet in portrait is awful.
17. Lauticol (Posts: 256; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Using a 16:9 tablet in portrait is the same as using any phone with an HD ratio (as 90% of high-end phones) in portrait...
6. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 781; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
What about smartwatches and feature phones(with touchscreen, of course)?
8. chocowii (Posts: 387; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
I still dont get why most of you hate bezels? Imagine a tablet with zero bezels, how can you handle it?
10. fzacek (Posts: 2468; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
From the pictures, it actually looks like the Huawei MediaPad X1 has smaller bezels that the iPads. More attractive...
13. Taters (Posts: 4791; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Number 7 looks just like a tablet version of the HTC One. Lol
16. Commentator (Posts: 2923; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Verizon Wireless Ellipsis... Whatever the heck that is...
18. HildyJ (Posts: 235; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
This is interesting but basically useless information.
May I suggest a much more useful comparison: screen to weight ratio (grams per square inch) to measure portability.
21. buccob (Posts: 2066; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
So Apple dominates the small bezel game in Tablets and it sucks in Phones :-S talking about reverse priorities....
Bezels are useful tablets... they should have taking thinness into consideration
25. Totse2k15 (Posts: 354; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Dislike mid/big bezels tablets. You can have your digital photo frame back.
26. RyanAutry (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Huawei says they have an 80% screen to body ratio with their MediaPad X1.
"By reducing the width of its bezel to an incredibly narrow 2.99 mm, the MediaPad X1 achieves an incredible 80% screen to body ratio. The ultra-compact borderless design makes everything you do on your MediaPad X1 more spectacular. Every hour spent surfing the web, connecting with your friends or watching movies is easier and more fun. And its convenient size means it fits comfortably in your pocket when you want to take it out on the road."
27. robocopvn (Posts: 327; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
yeah, Apple has the best design ever. they keep the bezel for 7 years without changing it !! amazing !! haha